Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You never took to Gerrard from day one. You often mention a dislike for scousers.

Why don't you mention who you do want instead of moaning about who you don't want? Maybe I missed it through all the negativity.

Mate, this is some strange notion you made up in your own head. If you go back to when Gerrard first was announced you’d see I was right on board with it. I was sceptical in the lead up to the announcement because he had no real experience but when he was announced I was 100% behind him, not sure where you get this idea I wasn’t from.

As for the general scousers thing I have good reason having been in Liverpool a number of times and having experienced a support for Irish republicanism each time.

I want Dyche or Soane of the names mentioned. Something fresh.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You never took to Gerrard from day one. You often mention a dislike for scousers.

Why don't you mention who you do want instead of moaning about who you don't want? Maybe I missed it through all the negativity.

He wanted Michel Pruede Homme at the time.

The former Belgian goalkeeper.

A man with quite a decent record as a Manager.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

There is only one man being spoken to and that is Michael Beale.

The other names are just fluff and smoke, designed to portray Rangers having done their due diligence on other potential candidates.

Any proof or just your opinion? We heard for over a week most people say on here that Gio was staying 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Any proof or just your opinion? We heard for over a week most people say on here that Gio was staying 

From a generally reliable source in the media, "they all fucking know its MB, they just can't say that outright yet, and have to play along for a few days"

That's the actual words from the source

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

There is only one man being spoken to and that is Michael Beale.

The other names are just fluff and smoke, designed to portray Rangers having done their due diligence on other potential candidates.

More evidence that this board are negligent and out of there depth if your comment is true.

12 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

From a generally reliable source in the media, "they all fucking know its MB, they just can't say that outright yet, and have to play along for a few days"

Sure your source isn't that "former Scottish football agent living in Monaco" again?

22 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Would anyone in the media who had this story even keep quiet? I thought they would all want to be the first to have an exclusive or break the story??

Fwiw I've resigned myself to the fact it's Beale and in 12 months time we will be going through also this again

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Would anyone in the media who had this story even keep quiet? I thought they would all want to be the first to have an exclusive or break the story??

Fwiw I've resigned myself to the fact it's Beale and in 12 months time we will be going through also this again

Tbf it's hardly going to be ground breaking news that would make any young journos career. The public can see that he is 1/6 on. 

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Bring him home patter is chronic probably couldn’t find Ibrox on a map before he came here with Gerrard 

I do agree the "bring him home" shit is cringey as fuck.

I could understand when it was GvB as he was a legendary player.

I'm just hoping that the overall underwhelming aspect of this appointment is a good omen, but that's me probably romanticising what happened when Walter was appointed.

I would rather it isn't Michael Beale. His past links make it more difficult for him to challenge the board (Wilson) and tackle the players lack of input. He also has no track record in being able to recruit players or motivate a team of backroom staff. Can see why Wilson would want him rather than a more experienced manager with demonstrated capability that he has not worked with who would present more of a challenge to his authority. I would rather have Dyche who would have more chance of sorting out the mess in terms of players, backroom staff and Wilsons input which are all a problem.

7 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Just watched this piece with Dyche, the man knows his stuff and it’s interesting to see that even though they were a defensive unit their plan was to win games not draw……doubt Gio did much of they in European games.

I doubt it’ll be Dyche anyway

Not a horseshoe in sight!

38 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I had an ex player (9IAR era) tell me it was to be him on Monday night too. Seems to be some traction to it tbh. Could be wrong of course but he was certainly under the impression we had already sounded him out & that’s who was to get the job. 

38 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Tbf it's hardly going to be ground breaking news that would make any young journos career. The public can see that he is 1/6 on. 

Journalists in the know are holding back on a story about the next Rangers manager cos of bookies odds hahhaha

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Looking forward to Jig  on coaching staff, us  getting rid of Kent and playing a 6ft 2 inch left winger and us pinging diagonals over to him to flick on every game.

To be fair, as grim as it sounds it would still produce more end product that Kent has. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Looking forward to Jig  on coaching staff, us  getting rid of Kent and playing a 6ft 2 inch left winger and pinging diagonals over to him to flick on every game.

Would be more productive than what we currently get out of left wing