Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

If we’re going down the British route it’s Beale, Martin at Swansea or McKenna at Ipswich for me. Too early in all their careers for it but their next move will likely make them impossible to get should they be successful.

Gerardo Seoane did well at YB in Switzerland and got Leverkusen their best finish in 7 years, bad start this season saw him get the sack.

Bo Svensson done a class job at Mainz who know a thing or two about good managers.

Is he still in his job?

Easier to get rid of a useless Prime Minister than a useless Rangers manager.

Serious question : how far behind the scum do we need to be before the board (yes, I know they’re fucking hopeless too) finally decide that enough is enough?

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

If we’re going down the British route it’s Beale, Martin at Swansea or McKenna at Ipswich for me. Too early in all their careers for it but their next move will likely make them impossible to get should they be successful.

Gerardo Seoane did well at YB in Switzerland and got Leverkusen their best finish in 7 years, bad start this season saw him get the sack.

Bo Svensson done a class job at Mainz who know a thing or two about good managers.

Beale already beyond us IMO. Don’t see him giving up a shot at EPL for SPL. Not when they’re top of the league. Although it’s early days I suppose.

3 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Hearts fans don't even rate Neilson(which is mental) not a chance would he even be in the top 20 candidates 

Thats alot of nonsense. He was considered when we went for GVB and took Hearts to 3rd in there return season to the PL. 

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

To be fair its a bit of a fallacy that Smiths team of that era didnt play good football. It was great at times. You cant have a team containing Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laudrup and not be good to watch.

It’s his second spell that I remember more clearly tbf

Just a tactician. 

Exploits others weaknesses, keeps things interesting.

Not just Plan A we only play like this. I like to see different formations, bit of thought. Switching things up and going for the win. 

Someone that you can see players running through walls for.

Maximum effort and we are 90% there. 

Who that man is........

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Absolute madness

Before anyone says this isn't a prediction, I was just curious as to how it would turn out with the names suggested in here.

Ran a few sims on FM 23 for the 22/23 season replacing Gio at the start of the season (also ran for Gio as well as a comparison)

If you are going to go with the "you need to get your hole" line then don't bother expanding the spoiler :lol:

Spoiler

Dyche

Formation - 442
401904246_DycheBestEleven.thumb.png.b799b0cf893fb59fb7854ed42c165668.png
League - 2nd (8 points behind them)
League Cup - Quarter Final loss to Motherwell
Scottish Cup - Semi Final loss to Livingston 
Europe - Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in last 16 by Betis

Rebrov

Formation - 433 DM Wide
998895495_RebrovBestEleven.thumb.png.e55328fb0ad16d1be8ae716c91a7d311.png
League - 2nd (13 points behind them)
League Cup - Quarter Final loss to them
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final loss to Hearts
Europe -Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in last quarter finals by PSG

Seoane

Formation - 4231 DM AM Wide
1773396897_SeoaneBestEleven.thumb.png.232ff9d11d81810e2a3fe7b5cd1d7475.png
League - 2nd (25 points behind them)
League Cup - Semi Final loss to them
Scottish Cup - 5th Round loss to them
Europe - Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in Group Stage with (Fenerbahce, Sturm Graz and Partizan finishing bottom with 5 points)

Knutsen

Formation - 433 DM Wide
1348517531_KnutsenBestEleven.thumb.png.030d99afbb62d2ca0c7fe1dbe356bc11.png
League - 2nd (29 points behind them)
Scottish Cup - 5th Round loss to Dundee
Europe - Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in 1st Knock Out Round to RB Leipzig

Stick with Gio

Sacked in January 2023 following a run of bad results and replaced with Knutsen who this time ended up 12 points behind them. The real low for Gio was a 4-0 away loss to the sheep

I also ran it for Bielsa but he left to take over at Man Utd in November :lol:

So FM probably on the money that we are fucked with this squad regardless of who is in charge

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Before anyone says this isn't a prediction, I was just curious as to how it would turn out with the names suggested in here.

Ran a few sims on FM 23 for the 22/23 season replacing Gio at the start of the season (also ran for Gio as well as a comparison)

If you are going to go with the "you need to get your hole" line then don't bother expanding the spoiler :lol:

Hide contents

Dyche

Formation - 442
401904246_DycheBestEleven.thumb.png.b799b0cf893fb59fb7854ed42c165668.png
League - 2nd (8 points behind them)
Scottish Cup - Semi Final loss to Livingston 
Europe - Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in last 16 by Betis

Rebrov

Formation - 433 DM Wide
998895495_RebrovBestEleven.thumb.png.e55328fb0ad16d1be8ae716c91a7d311.png
League - 2nd (13 points behind them)
League Cup - Quarter Final loss to them
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final loss to Hearts
Europe -Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in last quarter finals by PSG

Seoane

Formation - 4231 DM AM Wide
1773396897_SeoaneBestEleven.thumb.png.232ff9d11d81810e2a3fe7b5cd1d7475.png
League - 2nd (25 points behind them)
League Cup - Semi Final loss to them
Scottish Cup - 5th Round loss to them
Europe - Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in Group Stage with (Fenerbahce, Sturm Graz and Partizan finishing bottom with 5 points)

Knutsen

Formation - 433 DM Wide
1348517531_KnutsenBestEleven.thumb.png.030d99afbb62d2ca0c7fe1dbe356bc11.png
League - 2nd (29 points behind them)
Scottish Cup - 5th Round loss to Dundee
Europe - Lost to Monaco in 3rd Round CL Qualifiers, knocked out of Europa League in 1st Knock Out Round to RB Leipzig

Stick with Gio

Sacked in January 2023 following a run of bad results and replaced with Knutsen who this time ended up 12 points behind them. The real low for Gio was a 4-0 away loss to the sheep

I also ran it for Bielsa but he left to take over at Man Utd in November :lol:

So FM probably on the money that we are fucked with this squad regardless of who is in charge

41 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Managerial speculation always throws up some absolutely wild fucking suggestions on here BTW :lol:

Opinions on RM, especially regarding football, are almost always howling. It's like a Tourettes WhatsApp group.