Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

8 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

2 and 3 definitely Gio

Injuries to Hagi, Helander, Souttar, Davies, Lawrence, Roofe, Jack, Ridvan, Goldson, Lowry etc - not sure how Gio gets the blame for these?

the fact our fitness levels died because gio didnt bother with it directly had an influence on our players getting injured and lengthening their time from coming back to fitness

16 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

They spent the full of preseason "working with the ball" and done next to fuck all fitness conditioning? I'd go as far to say that this is one of the biggest reasons gio has failed 

It defies belief that’s the route we went down when we were praised from everyone last season for having great fitness and stamina. Why change? 

29 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Could Rangers look to Japan as well?

Kheredine Idessane

BBC Sport Scotland

The statement announcing Giovanni van Bronckhorst's departure is barely off the printer but Rangers have already started the search for his successor.

Two names have already been put to me: former Burnley boss Sean Dyche, who the Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson worked with previously at Turf Moor, and the man who succeeded celtic boss Ange Postecoglou at Yokomhama Marinos, ex-Rangers defender Kevin Muscat. He's just led Marinos to the J-League title...

I would take Muscat over Dyche every day of the week. 

16 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m not saying I’d want him anywhere near our dugout but Martindale will never get the respect he deserves for being a decent and likeable Scottish manager :lol: 

Aye, so much of it is rooted in class. If he was a foreign manager, or even English, and spoke the right way, people would be lauding him for 'turning his life around' and working miracles at Livingston. Instead he gets treated like a junkie ned despite his achievements. 

Does anyone on here who wants Dyche follow football? He departed leaving behind the oldest squad in the premier league. Developed a total lack of young players- Received the lowest amount in transfer fees for any manager during that period.

Had a genuinely horrible transfer record:

Biggest fees:

Gibson, Wood, Brady, Gray, Hendrick, Brownhill, Cork.

All English average players from the Championship for 80 million.

Ffs. 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Does anyone on here who wants Dyche follow football? He departed leaving behind the oldest squad in the premier league. Developed a total lack of young players- Received the lowest amount in transfer fees for any manager during that period.

Biggest fees:

Ffs. 

He mainly purchased from within England because that’s what the owners wanted as they believed there was less of an adaption period required and less risk.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Biggest fees:

Ffs. 

Apart from Gibson they all did a good job for Burnley so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here?

Just now, MarzM said:

I like Beale, but i think he's too close to the current squard. We need a clear out and i don't think he is the man for that.

Another way to look at it is we'd be bringing back a part of the only managerial team we know can get a tune out of these very players. There isn't going to be a monumental change in squad in January so, arguably, the short-term priority has to be finding someone who can get Morelos, Kent, Kamara (etc.) back up a gear. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He mainly purchased from within England because that’s what the owners wanted as they believed there was less of an adaption period required and less risk.

The players he named were responsible for them overachieving for years, no idea why he's used them as an example of bad recruitinment :lol: 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not exotic enough names. Needs to be more guys plucked from the Latvian third division because it’s cool and edgy and it will get you a video on Tifo IRL.

Wood moved for about 20m :lol: 

Also leaving out Heaton, Pope, Keane, Tarkowski and Trippier who all got in the England squad