***** The Official Napoli v Rangers Champions League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

5 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

In a really sad way I'm more nervous for the Aberdeen game than this, anything less than a scudding is a bonus tbh.

Aberdeen is by far the biggest game of the next 3. The CL has been a disaster and it’s pretty much a case of how many Napoli score. 
We’ve somehow got to keep in touch with celtic till we start getting the likes of Lawrence back and Aberdeen will be rubbing their hands for Sat. 
Napoli is pretty much a free hit. Avoiding another embarrassment is a bonus. 

5 hours ago, Swagger said:

Aberdeen is by far the biggest game of the next 3. The CL has been a disaster and it’s pretty much a case of how many Napoli score. 
We’ve somehow got to keep in touch with celtic till we start getting the likes of Lawrence back and Aberdeen will be rubbing their hands for Sat. 
Napoli is pretty much a free hit. Avoiding another embarrassment is a bonus. 

The loss of Tom Lawrence has been huge. Only realised it two games ago. 

I want Gio to take a chance tomorrow and play Charlie McCann. I hope Gio has learned from the Roma game where a low block, pressing and restricting space limited Napoli to fewer chances than usual.  It was almost successful until Osimhen moment of genius. It was Napoli’s least convincing performance of the season with most of the first 11 playing. 

My team after much thinking about it would be. 

McGregor

Tav King Sands Davies Barasic  

Wright Lundstrum McCann Kent 

Morelos  

Kvara you need to double up on. Davies can mark Osimhen Barisic on probably Lozano depending who they play on right. And you have a defender to cover. Kent and Wright can deal with full backs. And you have Lundstrum and McCann press Lobotka and Zielenski and stop them playing, something else Roma did with success. Morelos can also drop back and help restrict the space in midfield as Ndombele will be spare. Basically the team needs to work hard, press restrict the space and try and hit them on break. Need the same energy of first leg before red card.  

2 hours ago, The true baller said:

The loss of Tom Lawrence has been huge. Only realised it two games ago. 

We haven’t really had what would be considered our strongest core at all this season.

We couldn’t decide on a number one, Davies was injured and Goldson was fit, then as soon as Davies got fit Goldson got injured, Lawrence has been missing for months now and Kamara has pretty much patched it too and then you’ve got Morelos with his various issues to factor in.

If we could have regularly lined up with fit and/or motivated versions of McGregor, Goldson, Davies, Lawrence, Lundstram, Kamara and Morelos down the spine I don’t think we wouldn’t have been anywhere near as bad as we have been this season. 

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We haven’t really had what would be considered our strongest core at all this season.

We couldn’t decide on a number one, Davies was injured and Goldson was fit, then as soon as Davies got fit Goldson got injured, Lawrence has been missing for months now and Kamara has pretty much patched it too and then you’ve got Morelos with his various issues to factor in.

If we could have regularly lined up with fit and/or motivated versions of McGregor, Goldson, Davies, Lawrence, Lundstram, Kamara and Morelos down the spine I don’t think we wouldn’t have been anywhere near as bad as we have been this season. 

👍 seems there's players playing who don't really want to be here, players not playing who'd like to, maybe injured, my big worry about gio is if he had a full squad to choose from, he'd still pick the most defensive side possible.