***** The Official Napoli v Rangers Champions League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

11 hours ago, hurricane_dj said:

I got mocked back before the first game on how good Napoli were this season. Not that I could care much about being mocked I have thick skin. 

Nothing says "I don't care" like specifically mentioning the thing that you apparently don't care about:belm:

I'm depressed as fuck right now trying to even think about how we line up. Shagger obviously needs to stay in rather than Bombscare McLaughlin, but urgh, apart from that I don't even know where to start...

Who do we play in the wide positions? Matondo, Sakala, Kent? They're hopeless at the moment. Reckon we should just stick Roofe and Wright on the wings and Tillman in the center.

If you told me at the start of the season that I'd be selecting Scott Wright in preference to any of those three no-hopers before we were even halfway through the season I'd have laughed you out the room. 

Big comfy cushion behind the couch for this one, only hope of avoiding a thrashing is if Naples cannot be arsed having already qualified. Alas I think this will be a forlorn hope given the form they are in, they are enjoying themselves and will no doubt be in the mood, yet another thrashing should see Gio gone.

1 hour ago, YankeeGer said:

I'm depressed as fuck right now trying to even think about how we line up. Shagger obviously needs to stay in rather than Bombscare McLaughlin, but urgh, apart from that I don't even know where to start...

Who do we play in the wide positions? Matondo, Sakala, Kent? They're hopeless at the moment. Reckon we should just stick Roofe and Wright on the wings and Tillman in the center.

If you told me at the start of the season that I'd be selecting Scott Wright in preference to any of those three no-hopers before we were even halfway through the season I'd have laughed you out the room. 

Can't see Roofe in the champions league squad list so dont think he can even play

3:5:2 for me.

McGregor

King        Davies.       Sands

Tav.      Kamara.     Lundstram.   Barisic

Roofe                  Kent. 

Colak

I know Kamara is a doubt but If fit for an hour he would start for me. Roofe is just back but he looks sharper than Morelos and I think he would be able to link better with Colak. Kent I would play more central and allow him drift out wide at either side. Be more direct and look to by pass the middle more often. I would rather we lose possession in their final third, than have the usual bad pass in our half and then be instantly under pressure. It's all about keeping the score line respectable with some anti football tactics. 

8 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

3:5:2 for me.

McGregor

King        Davies.       Sands

Tav.      Kamara.     Lundstram.   Barisic

Roofe                  Kent. 

Colak

I know Kamara is a doubt but If fit for an hour he would start for me. Roofe is just back but he looks sharper than Morelos and I think he would be able to link better with Colak. Kent I would play more central and allow him drift out wide at either side. Be more direct and look to by pass the middle more often. I would rather we lose possession in their final third, than have the usual bad pass in our half and then be instantly under pressure. It's all about keeping the score line respectable with some anti football tactics. 

That's not 352 and Roofe cant play

The work aren't offering overtime on Wednesdsay. My getaway is scunnered. Fear that I might end up watching this disaster out of curiosity.:unsure:

Could go Xmas shopping with the wife I suppose. Nah, too much. Could go outside and walk around aimlessly for 2 hours, nah, leave that to the players.

Gonna end up having to ride the wife to distract myself ffs! 

:britney:

Looking forward to it, hopefully sneak a wee draw to set us up for a showdown with Ajax assuming they get turned over by Liverpool. Just scunnered the tickets we had organised for it are fucked. Not to worry a wee trip to see the Pompeii ruins and a wee saunter down the Amalfi coast line is now organised. The only game wee likely to see now is the Lazio vs Mytaland game as we stay in Rome on the Thursday.  I’ll try not to get lynched as I belt out “No, no pope of Rome” 🕺🕺🇬🇧🇬🇧

7 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Starting to think this will be Gios last game in charge. Board won’t want an ugly result after dropping him and that’s what we’re getting in Napoli. 

There is no chance our board has told the manager he has one game to save his job when that game is away to the Serie A leaders. We've already written it off as another drubbing, the pressure will only mount if we fail to respond with a positive result against Aberdeen and even then I suspect it will take a few more bad results before they even start to discuss his position. 

9 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

There is no chance our board has told the manager he has one game to save his job when that game is away to the Serie A leaders. We've already written it off as another drubbing, the pressure will only mount if we fail to respond with a positive result against Aberdeen and even then I suspect it will take a few more bad results before they even start to discuss his position. 

Think post suggests they’ve decided to get rid but will let him know after inevitable hammering from Napoli rather than sack Gio and take a hammering after 

Would like to think regardless of tactics etc the team would have a bit about them to at least compete and win their individual battles and see where it takes us.

Unfortunately the team look unfit to me so staying compact and covering the ground looks unlikely to me. Hope im wrong.

4 hours ago, YankeeGer said:

Yeh cause you’ll never see mcgregor losing 7 goals.