Tillman

RFC55

There’s a mixture of inexperience, players around him not anticipating his next move and half-arsed direction from the management team.

He tries a few things, some don’t come off and he stops looking for the ball.

We had at least seven or eight worse than him tonight imo.

A new manager, a progressive midfield with clear focus and direction and you’ll see this kid blossom.

Dismissing a 20 year old, schooled by Bayern, for struggling to turn around  a squad which has clearly lost all belief in the manager is just stupid.

I don’t that Tillman will succeed anywhere, he seems to be so slow in reactions and needs so much time to control the ball before doing anything and the ambling about on the outskirts of the game when we do not have possession of the ball would have decent managers going apoplectic.

I think it would be pretty unfortunate if this lad became the whipping boy. Definitely far more players more deserving of it. He's hardly played any top level football, really. Needs given a chance to find his feet in better circumstances. Only just transferred here, but should really count as a youth we're going to 'give a chance'. Would be senseless to get on his back.

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Someone who demanded effort and adopted fitness as part of their training regime? 

Partly, but mostly someone who developed a team that passed and moved well and was inclined to play short passing moves at least some of the time. Which we're not. We don't have the footballers and we're not drilled to do it.

Tillman is Aribo's replacement and is getting the exact same criticism Aribo got in the first half of 2019-20, he got accused of being lazy, lackadaisical, a coward (after his first OF at Ibrox)... it took him until December to really start finding his feet, he's probably had a more prominent role than Gio would've hoped so early on but Lawrence's injury has meant we've been over reliant on him.

With Aribo though he was a cheap acquisition and we knew he'd have time to develop, I'm unsure if we'd pay the fee required for Tillman just to try and emulate Aribo

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Tillman is Aribo's replacement and is getting the exact same criticism Aribo got in the first half of 2019-20, he got accused of being lazy, lackadaisical, a coward (after his first OF at Ibrox)... it took him until December to really start finding his feet, he's probably had a more prominent role than Gio would've hoped so early on but Lawrence's injury has meant we've been over reliant on him.

With Aribo though he was a cheap acquisition and we knew he'd have time to develop, I'm unsure if we'd pay the fee required for Tillman just to try and emulate Aribo

Well said.

30 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Think you’re talking shite here.. Aribo got singled out after the tarrier game due to having a shocker but overall he never took too much criticism that season! He created and scored enough. 

Genuinely don’t know how you can look at Tillmans performances, as a whole and not just based on one game, and come to any other conclusion than that he is a lazy footballer.

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Think you’re talking shite here.. Aribo got singled out after the tarrier game due to having a shocker but overall he never took too much criticism that season! He created and scored enough. 

Genuinely don’t know how you can look at Tillmans performances, as a whole and not just based on one game, and come to any other conclusion than that he is a lazy footballer.

If tillman ever gets close to aribos Rangers career then he can be deemed as a slight success

at one point at 1 down Kent made the wrong pass which was to tillman, he couldn’t protect it and tried to lob it over the Napoli players head and he ended up looking like a fanny, aribo woulda took that in and drove away with it, see honestly for a Bayern academy player he’s fucking terrible.

id rather allow Lowry to make these mistakes (btw I don’t think Lowry works hard enough) than let another teams player cost us, he’s not worth 6 million 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

If tillman ever gets close to aribos Rangers career then he can be deemed as a slight success

at one point at 1 down Kent made the wrong pass which was to tillman, he couldn’t protect it and tried to lob it over the Napoli players head and he ended up looking like a fanny, aribo woulda took that in and drove away with it, see honestly for a Bayern academy player he’s fucking terrible.

id rather allow Lowry to make these mistakes (btw I don’t think Lowry works hard enough) than let another teams player cost us, he’s not worth 6 million 

Tillman has quality, you seen it when he picked the ball up on the edge of the box and beat two before holding on to it too long to get his shot away.. which will happen. Problem is, he’s not in poaition to do that often enough. 

Genuinely think Colak tracks back with more intensity than him. Lawrence is miles ahead of him. 

Agree on Lowry, has a lot to learn but for me doesn’t offer any less than Tillman. One we can generate profit from, the other goes back to his parent club. 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Tillman has quality, you seen it when he picked the ball up on the edge of the box and beat two before holding on to it too long to get his shot away.. which will happen. Problem is, he’s not in poaition to do that often enough. 

Genuinely think Colak tracks back with more intensity than him. Lawrence is miles ahead of him. 

Agree on Lowry, has a lot to learn but for me doesn’t offer any less than Tillman. One we can generate profit from, the other goes back to his parent club. 

Mate see when we beat hearts 3 1 before Sevilla, people raves about Lowry after his goal, I agreed but his work rate was criminal and probably why he isn’t ready but I’d rather him in not tracking back than tillman he’s so fucking lazy 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Mate see when we beat hearts 3 1 before Sevilla, people raves about Lowry after his goal, I agreed but his work rate was criminal and probably why he isn’t ready but I’d rather him in not tracking back than tillman he’s so fucking lazy 

Nah you’re spot on mate, Lowry has that kind of passive attitude as well which should be taken out of him by a decent first team coach.

No brainer but when it comes to progressing him vs Tillman though. When you take into consideration that Tillman doesn’t offer much more than Lowry.

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Nah you’re spot on mate, Lowry has that kind of passive attitude as well which should be taken out of him by a decent first team coach.

No brainer but when it comes to progressing him vs Tillman though. When you take into consideration that Tillman doesn’t offer much more than Lowry.

I’d rather see how Lowry goes than play a Bayern reserve player and if Lowry is lazy then hopefully it’s coached out him but I’d rather it was anyone than gvb