Tillman

RFC55

51 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

At times he looked excellent and at times I was scratching my head....personally thought Lundstram was our best player....a wee mention to Sakala....if ever their was another Ted tin man Mcminn then wee fashion is him:lol:

Lundstrum was really vocal and animated today and motivating  different players at different times 

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Is it not a “first option” type clause rather than a fee related one? I think if its the later it might be a first in football. 

Nah, Chelsea did it with Nathan Ake - sold him for 20m with a 40m buy back inserted that they didn't exercise before city bought him.

Alvaro Morata left real Madrid for about 15m and they had a buy back for 23m too. They did buy him back obviously 

40 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Tillman should be starting as a 10 in every single SPFL game we play except against them at their dump

He has ability, he can go either direction and his dribbling is excellent - he just needs to do it in the right area of the park. He’s basically our new Aribo - took Aribo quite a while to work out how to play for us. 

I would like him to be the 8 and be on the ball more as the 10 he can drift out the game, let’s keep him away from right wing!

Thought he was great today and people need to remember he has probably played more games for us this season than he has previously done in his career so he is going to be inconsistent.

15 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Honestly think im watching a different game to people at times.

He was closing cunts down and tackling all game.

Agreed with that yesterday, and he was much better, but hopefully that becomes a standard rather than an exception. I’d be amazed if you hadnt thought that about him in some of the games he’s played. 

Yesterday he was much better.  He needs to give that performance in every game.  He can also be very lazy, he's not worth anywhere near £6 million and I wouldn't want him to play against the tims as he would be posted missing.   For that reason I wouldn't want to have him permanently.

Tillman does track back. He often takes possession from opposing players. Besides, a #10 shouldn't have to track back as much when we have two defensive midfielders in Sands & Lundstram. His darting runs into the box were phenomenal; that is what you want to see from a #10.

We finally have a creative player, yet some still find fault in him even when he plays well. He needs to be appreciated for the type of player he is.

22 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Yesterday he was much better.  He needs to give that performance in every game.  He can also be very lazy, he's not worth anywhere near £6 million and I wouldn't want him to play against the tims as he would be posted missing.   For that reason I wouldn't want to have him permanently.

He’s 20. He’s only going to get better mate. 

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Quite right for another million we could get another Kent.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Hes just no got a fight in him. Did he get schooled in  the US? Then move to germany?

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Hes just no got a fight in him. Did he get schooled in  the US? Then move to germany?

No he was born and raised in Germany  , I'd be amazed if any player can go from bayern u15's to first team in around 5 year and not have any fight in them 

8 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No he was born and raised in Germany  , I'd be amazed if any player can go from bayern u15's to first team in around 5 year and not have any fight in them 

I didnt know that.

Sands is starting to get the dig required here. Tillman looks like he will never adjust to it.

29 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I didnt know that.

Sands is starting to get the dig required here. Tillman looks like he will never adjust to it.

So after about a year, you think Sands in now only beginning to show signs of having the 'dig' required.

But after about 3 months, it's clear to you that Tillman will never have it.

Hmm....

When Kamara first came to us, he would lose possession in dangerous areas. Eventually, he cleaned that part of his game.

Tillman is similar. He tries to do a little too much in the wrong parts of the pitch. When he learns to move the ball quicker in those spots, the kid is going to turn into a fantastic player. Can't wait to see him at the WC.