Tillman

RFC55

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Best player on the park imo

At times he looked excellent and at times I was scratching my head....personally thought Lundstram was our best player....a wee mention to Sakala....if ever their was another Ted tin man Mcminn then wee fashion is him:lol:

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There's always been a player there in Tillman.

The criticism of both young American loanees has been way OTT.

The debate lies in whether they are worth the asking price.

I don't think they are worth 10m as the rumoured fees total, whether or not it's something we can renegotiate at the time then maybe.

The big stick for me is this supposed buyback clause Bayern have if we sign Tillman, puts a ceiling on what we could sell him for once he's developed.

You can almost guarantee that his style will be used to criticise him whenever things are going wrong. Instead of seeing it as n naturally languid style, which is what it is really, it'll become lazy.

Sometimes drifting around the pitch looking for space benefits players, but it does look lazy if your team aren't getting on the ball much or finding you.

Pretty convinced he'll be a right good player. I don't think he's as work shy as made out, he's just young and has to understand that high level football needs a wee bit more intensity and concentration at times. He showed signs of understanding that today. If we, the club AND fans I mean, help him out a bit he'll get there, I think.

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

At times he looked excellent and at times I was scratching my head....personally thought Lundstram was our best player....a wee mention to Sakala....if ever their was another Ted tin man Mcminn then wee fashion is him:lol:

Lundstram’s best game in a long time. Vast majority were very good tbf

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You can almost guarantee that his style will be used to criticise him whenever things are going wrong. Instead of seeing it as n naturally languid style, which is what it is really, it'll become lazy.

Sometimes drifting around the pitch looking for space benefits players, but it does look lazy if your team aren't getting on the ball much or finding you.

Pretty convinced he'll be a right good player. I don't think he's as work shy as made out, he's just young and has to understand that high level football needs a wee bit more intensity and concentration at times. He showed signs of understanding that today. If we, the club AND fans I mean, help him out a bit he'll get there, I think.

Was the same during the week but many were too precondition to be negative about him and others 

He was much better today and seemed a yard sharper than usual which is really promising. He has to keep it up though as there’s no doubting his talent, but has looked lackadaisical at times which can be infuriating. We’ve seen so many players over the years with a similar demeanour and the frustrations always come from the same place; all the talent but cant be arsed using it. 
Hope he gets a decent run in the team and grows from this. 

43 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I don't think they are worth 10m as the rumoured fees total, whether or not it's something we can renegotiate at the time then maybe.

The big stick for me is this supposed buyback clause Bayern have if we sign Tillman, puts a ceiling on what we could sell him for once he's developed.

Is it not a “first option” type clause rather than a fee related one? I think if its the later it might be a first in football.