Tillman

RFC55

On 29/10/2022 at 20:31, psb07158 said:

Tillman should be starting as a 10 in every single SPFL game we play except against them at their dump

He has ability, he can go either direction and his dribbling is excellent - he just needs to do it in the right area of the park. He’s basically our new Aribo - took Aribo quite a while to work out how to play for us. 

Giving them too much respect.

Play him there too.

On 27/10/2022 at 12:52, Boybluesy said:

Expected that he tries his fucking best.  Not much to ask really.  Sands is pish but he tried his best. 

On 27/10/2022 at 13:28, Dickie said:

Who gives a fuck about the scums midfield and he actually wouldn’t last 10 minutes in their gung-ho system.

The majority of games he strolls about like a fucking tourist.

879B2A78-4976-4763-ADC9-EE4012331C30.thumb.jpeg.26f165251f25a3839eff2029847cfaa8.jpeg24021241-3BFC-47A2-A5D5-C1C33B07BDC3.thumb.jpeg.c4e2ba19bdde51da81fdc0069efca43d.jpeg916C85A5-D046-4B20-BAEF-F71AAA92DEF7.thumb.jpeg.806c8fd09de12f85d232dea91c2232fc.jpeg39763871-A0CF-48EF-B1CF-0F37AA6B3A6A.thumb.jpeg.8812611a9a4e2261857bc4ff33a3a456.jpeg

It’s almost as if he isn’t lazy and his pressing is intelligent. Kid is a talent and Lundstram is right. We need to get behind him as he has the talent to be great for us. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

It’s 

its not about pressing it’s about chasing back rather than just giving up or sauntering about half arsed 

So pressing isn’t part of working hard? Clearly he is chasing back to win the ball from midfielders and defenders. For me it’s 100% his style of running and body language. I think he covers more distance than most of our team.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Giving them too much respect.

Play him there too.

I would, eventually - but he has a lot of learning to do and just like big Joe before him, he has to put a bit more into his games. 

Although he has significantly more potential, and will likely develop into a far better player, he does remind me a wee bit of Greg Stewart at the moment.  He obviously has talent, shows moments of exquisite control, but seems to lack both the speed and stamina to be a significant influence in demanding, tight fought matches.  

On 30/10/2022 at 15:50, Hadron Collider said:

He’s 20. He’s only going to get better mate. 

Maybe.  I don't see enough drive in his play to give me any confidence that he will perform well on a regular basis.  As for the £6 million transfer fee, that is far too much for a longer-term project we hope comes to fruition.  As I said, I'd never play him versus the other lot.  We need fighters against them.   To be fair he had a decent game on Saturday but Aberdeen were awful and it's difficult to tell if we were generally very good or that they were so rank rotten.   Maybe somewhere in the middle.

He’s a frustrating one for me because he seems like the only one capable of turning in tight spaces with the ball or making something out of nothing but drifts in and out of games and can be a bit of a passenger at times. I’m not sure that’s something we can carry at the minute in the big important games. 

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

He’s a frustrating one for me because he seems like the only one capable of turning in tight spaces with the ball or making something out of nothing but drifts in and out of games and can be a bit of a passenger at times. I’m not sure that’s something we can carry at the minute in the big important games. 

So basically just a rawer Aribo 

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

Just wait till the tarrier game. Im daunting it already, if the league isnt over by then.

Has this £6m thing been confirmed anywhere?

I heard it was £1.5m.

For anywhere below £4m I would definitely try to get him, but I have a feeling he wont want to stay.

£4m-£6m its a harder call to make. If its basically our whole budget, then as much as I would like to keep him, I think we have higher priority areas. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I would be signing both Tillman & Sands. There, I've said.

However, we probably won't pay the asking prices because we spunked ridiculous money on Matondo & Davies.

I would look elsewhere for players tbh, I'd take Tillman at a push but not for that money, Sands hopefully gose back to America.

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Watch that game back and you’ll see that’s absolute garbage 

Past few games he has showed more yes. Im sure it coming from the managemenr and players like lundstrum whos mentioned it. That hes needs backed, hes been told the suppport need to see more fight and desire. Basics

I'd gladly see him return to his parent club  as his input is far too hot and cold he's had good spells in patches the last few weeks his turn with the ball is a good trait of his but his lack of dig when really needed is again more off than on .

He shows flashes of Getting tore in but fades in and out and with the turn he has he should be off like a greyhound from his market with ample support or options when he counters he gives me the look of someone not really interested in being here but with a good coach he really could be be some player .

Thought he had a decent game. Looked even better when Wright came and contributed zero. 

Keep seeing comparisons with Aribo that are a bit unfair. Aribo came to us with 100 odd games under his belt 80 of them with Charlton in the Championship. Tillman came with less than 10. Aribo went missing a fair few times for us every season even by his own admission last season after the African cup.

Expectations on Tillman are unrealistic.