Tav & Gio Out

scottyc06

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

He’s not having a good season, form wise, because he’s clearly carrying an injury. He’s still got 5 goals and 5 assists in the league so far. Even when he’s as pish as he’s been he still contributes.  

He’s not injured :lol: 

On 07/11/2022 at 00:00, BigBearButt said:

The more experienced players and supposed Rangers men in Davis, Shagger, Arfield and Jack are more culpable. They are supposed to be dye in the wool fans yet they arent vocal and have meekly shrank on the pitch as much as the rest of them. 

578D5D86-2A17-4A4A-B439-D9284C56AAFB.webp

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s not injured :lol: 

You seriously don’t notice a massive difference in his movement? He’s pulled up multiple times this season, been done on the turn/can’t accelerate, doesn’t cover as many km and visibly looks in discomfort. And you’re so confident that he’s not carrying some sort of niggle?

Not a betting man but I’d be amazed if he wasn’t carrying something. There’s no chance they would ever come out and admit it. But we all see different things

Tav as with Borna are expected to be top 4 when it comes to running Top 4 in the team for assists. 

Attack and cover defensively with them now both over 30 and playing twice a week- thier form and fitness levels are going to fluctuate a lot. As well as slowing.

Tav is now 31 

Borna 30  (Happy Birthday)

8 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Aye because all Chelsea offered him was a better salary :lol: 

The bitterness from some Rangers fans towards a then 16 year old boy choosing to go to one of the biggest clubs in world football to continue his development is unbelievable

Get over it man fs

I'm not bitter. Lad has to do what is best for him.  No way he will be coming back to us in January, well unless he comes to watch the OF game. 

Tav saying there was a lack of hunger in the first half wasn't an excuse, but it was a valid reason, a fact, and he is quite right to point it out even if he was part of that problem. I agree with others that he is not captain material though as he should be making angry comments, comments that address the issues, he should be stating that the performances are not good enough and that players should be looking inwardly at themselves, assessing their own contributions and making strides to improve their input to the team effort. He is not animated enough either on the park or off it and Gio should hand the baton to someone else.

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

Tav as with Borna are expected to be top 4 when it comes to running Top 4 in the team for assists. 

Attack and cover defensively with them now both over 30 and playing twice a week- thier form and fitness levels are going to fluctuate a lot. As well as slowing.

Tav is now 31 

Borna 30  (Happy Birthday)

This.

Age catches up with everyone. Even at amateur level i can remember in my mid 30s feeling completely different at the start of a particular season. Folk who i could easily skin previously were running past me no matter how hard i tried. It was like a switch had been turned off.

Tav's lack of defensive savy is more exposed nowadays as he's contributing far less going forward and cant make up the ground when he gets caught on his heels at the back.

4 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

I think this also.

He has been playing a different style to what we have seen from him over the last couple of years. 

I think Gio likes his fullbacks staying back more and the wingers doing the work.

It seems to me he is really off form, and maybe that is because he is being asked to play a different type of game. His passing and the crosses he made against Heart's were mostly very poor. 

Hopefully he can get back to what we have seen from him in the past after the WC.

We have eight first team players out with long term injuries at the moment and I don't care who is in charge this has got to affect the performance and results of the team.

Tav is out of form at the moment and it seems some of the new players are not up to standard yet. Even Alfie is not fit or performing neither is Kent. We are struggling to get any consistent performances because of these facts.

Lets hope after the WC break we can get a few more back and refreshed.

14 hours ago, Johnnyem said:

Tav saying there was a lack of hunger in the first half wasn't an excuse, but it was a valid reason, a fact, and he is quite right to point it out even if he was part of that problem. I agree with others that he is not captain material though as he should be making angry comments, comments that address the issues, he should be stating that the performances are not good enough and that players should be looking inwardly at themselves, assessing their own contributions and making strides to improve their input to the team effort. He is not animated enough either on the park or off it and Gio should hand the baton to someone else.

I wouldn't worry about Gio not being animated enough during the game. Some managers are more animated than others - it doesn't necessarily mean they are better.

I am old enough to remember when managers sat in the dugout for the whole game, and seldom, if ever, stood up.

11 hours ago, EastendGers said:

I wouldn't worry about Gio not being animated enough during the game. Some managers are more animated than others - it doesn't necessarily mean they are better.

I am old enough to remember when managers sat in the dugout for the whole game, and seldom, if ever, stood up.

I was talking about Tav not Gio, if you read it properly.