Tav & Gio Out

scottyc06

I'm not sure about Tav out like most of the players he has lost form with the new manager and I'm sure having a positive influence again would help.

I have to say I can't believe that Gio's response to our humping in Amsterdam was to tell the media we are out of our depth in the champions league ... at least the rat catchers superstar from the J league knows that you have to try and build players up when they are taking at least one step up what you don't do is tell them this is hopeless :ang:

I have never seen Tav as captain material and always felt he tends to hide a bit when things get tough, I never see him challenge the ref nor pull the team and show them what he sees as wrong during the game. This is nothing new, he was the same under Gerrard, not taking away his play and skill, a great first team / squad player when on his game but never a captain. As for the manager, he should be sacked pronto, a fraud who has no clue. 

22 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I don't see Tav as captain material either however, yes he's struggling at the moment but to me we need GVB gone along with Wilson ASAP then see where we are with players, there will be a large clearance next May.

i dont see us having a large clearance. No money.

9 hours ago, Swagger said:

The captaincy doesn’t help his performances. He’d be better off not having it 

His ability doesnt help his performances, he's honking defensively, always has been, and now he doesn't have a midfielder always covering him at right back its so more noticeable 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

His ability doesnt help his performances, he's honking defensively, always has been, and now he doesn't have a midfielder always covering him at right back its so more noticeable 

He can't even make simple passes anymore , against Dundee he passed it out the park ,it's like his concentrations shot .

Tav is fine when we’re winning however when we’re losing that’s when we need our captain to show leadership.

A bit of an extreme example however Liverpool at Ibrox summed it up for me.
When the goals started to hit the back of our net in quick succession was the time for our captain to rattle some cages rather than walking back towards the half way line with shoulders slumped and head down feeling sorry for himself.

Gio has been left with an impossible task when you look at our threadbare squad due to a horrendous injury list.

Last season he demonstrated what he can bring to the club when we had influential players such as Aribo and Bassey at the club and without so many vital players missing. He has to be given more time.

He’s only been here for one year, how long do give his successor before we bin him too?

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm not sure about Tav out like most of the players he has lost form with the new manager and I'm sure having a positive influence again would help.

I have to say I can't believe that Gio's response to our humping in Amsterdam was to tell the media we are out of our depth in the champions league ... at least the rat catchers superstar from the J league knows that you have to try and build players up when they are taking at least one step up what you don't do is tell them this is hopeless :ang:

Ridiculous comment from gio after the game. Not long after saying how happy he was with the team as well. 

The comments last night were just as bad. Coming out with the well ajax have more time off. Absolute shite excuse making from him. 

22 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Ridiculous comment from gio after the game. Not long after saying how happy he was with the team as well. 

The comments last night were just as bad. Coming out with the well ajax have more time off. Absolute shite excuse making from him. 

Ajax getting the little holiday really is scraping the bottom of the barrel :ang: ... why doesn't any journalist ask him how we managed to eliminate PSV and yet somehow didn't get close to their close Eredivisie running mates Ajax

Tav should never have been captain. Least of all after those programme notes a few season back. Captaining us to one title during a time when there was no fan pressure doesnt really count. Do you really think Gough, Butcher, Ferguson etc etc would have meekly accepted the humpings we've had this calendar year?

1 hour ago, Madina said:

Tav should never have been captain. Least of all after those programme notes a few season back. Captaining us to one title during a time when there was no fan pressure doesnt really count. Do you really think Gough, Butcher, Ferguson etc etc would have meekly accepted the humpings we've had this calendar year?

Different generation mate. Full of pansies

Club certainly needs to let Gio go asap. It’s just not happening with him. Shame as  none of us wanted to see him fail but that’s what’s happening. He’s been unlucky in some regards as I think the team has went into terminal decline at the same time. With finances being tight perhaps due to FPP or a reluctant board then there isn’t a lot of money to rebuild either although he did get the new boys in, but it’s perhaps just been a perfect storm for him. But he’s done imo. Players not playing for him and fans turning. It’s just time to call it a day.

Tav, as others have said isn’t a great captain. When’s he’s in form he’s more than decent, but he’s not been on form and when he’s like this, he becomes a poorer Captain too and does hide imo.  He’s 31 now and so age will start to be a factor. So it’s kind of a law of diminishing returns. I think we need to move him on now probably by summer. Try and get a couple of million for him from say a championship club and reinvest in a younger RB. Doesn’t have to be a galloping RB, I’d settle for a good defending RB to be honest.  

But it’s not just those two, we need a complete rebuild.

Don't get the hate for Tav, when on form and not carrying an injury he is easily one of our best players. I agree he isnt a captain but I would struggle to name a suitable replacement from the current squad. 

The more experienced players and supposed Rangers men in Davis, Shagger, Arfield and Jack are more culpable. They are supposed to be dye in the wool fans yet they arent vocal and have meekly shrank on the pitch as much as the rest of them. 

End of the day the manager needs to fuck off and the majority of this squad needs to be refreshed. Rb would be one of the last places I'd look to be strengthening. 

5 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

The more experienced players and supposed Rangers men in Davis, Shagger, Arfield and Jack are more culpable. 

Whilst agree with your point, I know for one that Scott Arfield isn’t a ‘Rangers man’. Well at least he wasn’t when he was at school and you will never meet a bigger Taig than his brother Stuart.

We do absolutely need a refresh and we do need Rangers men in this current squad. But where the fuck are they? There once was a time they were a dime a dozen. 

For a start, get Billy Gilmore in there January IMO

16 minutes ago, EastendGers said:

Unfortunately the lack of hunger among top footballers is not confined to Rangers. With a few notable exceptions none of them play for the jersey anymore. They still get paid win or lose. It's unfair to single out Tav. He tries as hard as anyone, and his record for scoring and assists is remarkable.

He’s not having a good season, form wise, because he’s clearly carrying an injury. He’s still got 5 goals and 5 assists in the league so far. Even when he’s as pish as he’s been he still contributes.  

He’s not a natural leader. And doesn’t do slot of the soft things well. Like controlling refs.

He’s a leader with his performances (been our best player last few years). But injury or age he hasn’t been at it this year. I’d give the captaincy to someone else. Lundstrum or Goldson.

Think way too much is made about “effort”. See it constantly peddled by Keane and Neville against Utd.

When in reality it’s just the quality isn’t there.

Could argue there’s almost half a team starting at the moment that isn’t up to the required quality. We have 5 or 6 players that wouldn’t light it up playing for Livingston at the moment

On 07/11/2022 at 05:20, KingBazza75 said:

Whilst agree with your point, I know for one that Scott Arfield isn’t a ‘Rangers man’. Well at least he wasn’t when he was at school and you will never meet a bigger Taig than his brother Stuart.

We do absolutely need a refresh and we do need Rangers men in this current squad. But where the fuck are they? There once was a time they were a dime a dozen. 

For a start, get Billy Gilmore in there January IMO

Is he a Rangers man? Fucked off as soon as he got offered a better salary.

There is absolutely no way he will be coming to Rangers, not even on loan.