Tav & Gio Out

scottyc06

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Again though, you can’t put this purely down to a step up in class and say that we would be topping a Europa League group ffs! 🥴

On the logic that USG are doing so! That’s like saying Leeds would be topping a CL group cos they beat Chelsea who topped their CL group! 

Purely? No

It plays a massive part though, I have no idea whether we’d be topping a Europa group, but I’d bet we’d qualify comfortably though 

41 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Goldson should be captain. Lundstrum in his absence

The same Goldson who came out after being scudded of Hibs at Hampden to say the team chucked it at half-time. Whilst I do agree that Goldson or Lundstrum would be a better choice than Tav, I’m not convinced we have any leaders amongst our current playing staff at all.

56 minutes ago, stevemac said:

He shouldn't be captain IMO, he can be a great player and at times he does excel don't get me wrong, but he's always been one to drop his head when the going gets tough. 

Think the WC break is needed for him for a rest as he's played far too often when it's pretty evident he's carrying an injury. 

I'd honestly give Lundstram a go at captain. Seems to have more about him and a more natural leader, with tav being a VC.

Only a proper old school no nosense manager would change the captain to try get a response 

Different generation now.

8 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Tav has been a big player for us but he’s ultimately led a team that has let us down far more than it’s delivered. A root and stem rebuild starts with him and Goldson. Cultural change needed, and those two are the leaders.  

Those roots travel uptp the boardroom and this dire tor of football pish.

Gio in.

The guy has won the Eredivisie on more than one occasion. It isn’t his fault that the board cheaped out on recruitment in the summer. It isn’t down to him that the club chose not to replace Bassey and Aribo, and not to replace a 41-year-old goalkeeper and to just hand the number 1 spot to a guy who couldn’t get a game for Sunderland in League One. And I can’t imagine that it’s down to him that we haven’t seen Souttar or Lawrence in yonks, or that Roofe has been absent for the best part of a year.

Replace him with the likes of Sean fucking Dyke and we’ll still be watching third-choice players struggle to reach 2nd in the league.

Just now, Gmajor1991 said:

Gio in.

The guy has won the Eredivisie on more than one occasion. It isn’t his fault that the board cheaped out on recruitment in the summer. It isn’t down to him that the club chose not to replace Bassey and Ariel, and not to replace a 41-year-old goalkeeper and to just hand the number 1 spot to a guy who couldn’t get a game for Sunderland in League One. And I can’t imagine that it’s down to him that we haven’t seen Souttar or Lawrence in yonks, or that Roofe has been absent for the best part of a year.

Replace him with the likes of Sean fucking Dyke and we’ll still be watching third-choice players struggle to reach 2nd in the league.

I don't know why so many of our fans keep saying go for him. The biggest club he has been at is Burnley. As far as fan base, stadium etc goes, He is not big enough to be at one of the biggest clubs in the world. I will say here, Blackpool are my English team.

I remember filliting Tavernier after those Hamilton program notes, I've not been overly convinced by him multiple times as captain either but I'm always on the fence about comments immediately after the game when players emotions are all over the place, you could tell the boy doing the interviews though thought he'd won a watch, he was like a dog with a bone after it, Miller was doing his best damage limitations after it.

2 hours ago, Ambrogio said:

Tav wont gee a fuck he will be happy he scored a goal in the champions league . That’s the mentality of the cunt 

5 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I remember filliting Tavernier after those Hamilton program notes, I've not been overly convinced by him multiple times as captain either but I'm always on the fence about comments immediately after the game when players emotions are all over the place, you could tell the boy doing the interviews though thought he'd won a watch, he was like a dog with a bone after it, Miller was doing his best damage limitations after it.

Yet after he led us to 55 that same article was thereby nullified by folk like you. Bygones are never bygones. 

What a show. Gio is already in the process of turning it around and tonight's performance proved that to me. 

37 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Club needs a hard line manager to come in kick arses and turf out the useless.

Club needs a leader someone we can all get behind. In terms of management GVB seems very cold and distant with his players. A huge part of management these days is man management. The difference in styles between Gerrard and Gio are stark 

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Club needs a leader someone we can all get behind. In terms of management GVB seems very cold and distant with his players. A huge part of management these days is man management. The difference in styles between Gerrard and Gio are stark 

Gerrards man management was honking

Im going to be in the minority, but as of this morning I'm willing to draw a line under a horrendous European campaign and take the League game by game until the break. 

I don't see Gio going right now and a little bit of me is still not convinced he's the problem. I still ask the question as to why there are no Dutch/Belgian league signings or players who previously played under him, thats the market place he would be most familiar with so it seems very strange.

7 hours ago, Gmajor1991 said:

Gio in.

The guy has won the Eredivisie on more than one occasion. It isn’t his fault that the board cheaped out on recruitment in the summer. It isn’t down to him that the club chose not to replace Bassey and Aribo, and not to replace a 41-year-old goalkeeper and to just hand the number 1 spot to a guy who couldn’t get a game for Sunderland in League One. And I can’t imagine that it’s down to him that we haven’t seen Souttar or Lawrence in yonks, or that Roofe has been absent for the best part of a year.

Fuck up Dublin

7 hours ago, Gmajor1991 said:

Gio in.

Who is to blame for the players looking unfit, technically regressed and tactically clueless?

In what department do the players who have been here since before Gio look like they have progressed?

Just now, STRUTH82 said:

Im going to be in the minority, but as of this morning I'm willing to draw a line under a horrendous European campaign and take the League game by game until the break. 

I don't see Gio going right now and a little bit of me is still not convinced he's the problem. I still ask the question as to why there are no Dutch/Belgian league signings or players who previously played under him, thats the market place he would be most familiar with so it seems very strange.

He is not the whole problem obviously... but he is a big problem... He cannot, as a manager, come out and say that the step up in class is too much. Get that shit right in the bin. The Manager has to instill belief in his players, he has to give solutions and ideas to solve the problems. We were in Europa League final with most of these players. We went toe to toe with Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Benfica, ... we have held our own against UCL level teams with these same players... he can get to fuck with "they are just better than us" We play in Scotland, teams from England and Germany and Italy will ALWAYS be better than us, but we need to have the belief when we go into every 90 minutes of football that 11 men can compete with 11 men.... He sucked that belief out of us.

And its not just a European problem btw.... we should never be capitulating 4-0 domestically. He should have walked after that