Scotty Arfield Legend?

scottyscott1963

5 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

In what way has he done more than Souness did ?

Souness led us to 3 league titles and 4 league cups 

Souness first title was probably every bit as important as 55 considering it also ended another decade wait for a title 

Really? Every bit as important as 55? 

Let's not kid ourselves on, 55 was the most important victory in our great history and indeed the leagues history. For what it's worth I would rank Alex Mcleish above Sounness

2 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Let's not kid ourselves on, 55 was the most important victory in our great history and indeed the leagues history. For what it's worth I would rank Alex Mcleish above Sounness

That’s debatable IMO. 

3 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Without a doubt, imo. In fact, arguably more important.  Souness’ arrival and that league was the catalyst to us winning 9 in a row and a period of un-surpassed dominance from us in modern times.

4 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Why? Why was it different to 54, 53 ……..

and if you mention anything to do with that lot you should ban yourself 

so why?

On 23/12/2022 at 08:50, KeyserSoze said:

Why? Why was it different to 54, 53 ……..

and if you mention anything to do with that lot you should ban yourself 

so why?

Our first title in a decade makes it pretty important, and stopped us losing our record for 9IAR.

Still don’t think it was the biggest ever though. 

I really like Arfield as a player. He has a good attitude and understands what is needed at our club but I do wonder if this current generation of supporters overuse the word legend. When you’re grown up with the 9IAR side with teams consistently winning trophies and players like McCoist, Cooper, Laudrup etc it’s pretty difficult to call anyone in this side a legend. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Our first title in a decade makes it pretty important, and stopped us losing our record for 9IAR.

Still don’t think it was the biggest ever though. 

It certainly was important considering what we had come through as a club whilst them believing 10iar was an absolute certainty I really don't think we've won a more important title. 

19 minutes ago, mistergeneric said:

I think Arfield is in the "cult hero" tier rather than the "legend" tier. 

More of a Novo than a McCoist. 

McGregor is for sure the only legend in the current squad, with arguments to be made for Davis and Tav.

Davis is every bit as much of a legend as McGregor is.

360 games. 4 league titles. 3 Scottish cups. 3 league cups. Two European finals.

I don’t even think it’s a debate tbh.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Davis is every bit as much of a legend as McGregor is.

360 games. 4 league titles. 3 Scottish cups. 3 league cups. Two European finals.

I don’t even think it’s a debate tbh.

Very similar in terms of cups and achievements given the periods they played.

But I’d probably have McGregor just above. Mostly for what they’ve given us in their second spells. McGregor was arguably the best goalkeeper in Europe for 55 season. (Think he was tied with Martinez out of the top European leagues for save %). Got us to a European final. Davis has been more of a bit part player.

Davis has been a great professional but McGregor has probably reached a higher level when playing for us?

McGregor will be in the argument for our greatest ever keeper. Whilst I don’t think Davis will be discussed in the same way. Just on ability.