***** Heart of Midlothian vs Rangers - Scottish Premiership *****

17 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I bow to your superior knowledge, mr lol

Wasn't really trying to have a dig mate, just don't see us being much better now than we were before Beale, absolute fine margins, like livi at home when we miss a chance to win the game in injury time, whereas arfield scuffs his winner at the sheep, jacks deflected equaliser in the cup etc

I genuinely dont think we have improved much performance wise, defensively we still look awful at times and its nearly cost us recently 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Davies Barisic 

Jack Kamara 

Sakaka Tillman Kent 

Morelos 

I’ll be gobsmacked if that isn’t the team.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wasn't really trying to have a dig mate, just don't see us being much better now than we were before Beale, absolute fine margins, like livi at home when we miss a chance to win the game in injury time, whereas arfield scuffs his winner at the sheep, jacks deflected equaliser in the cup etc

I genuinely dont think we have improved much performance wise, defensively we still look awful at times and its nearly cost us recently 

You're the most stubborn person there's ever been.

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The good is: I think the shape of the team and the tactics have changed considerably. We seem much more likely to look for a forward pass now than we ever were under van Bronkhurst. Some players have also improved individually both in terms of attitude and performance. We have also had a pretty decent run of results and the only disappointment is dropping points against the scum (which in itself is a turnaround that we were disappointed not to win rather than getting a kicking)

The not so good is that we still have some glaring weaknesses. Goalkeeper is a big one, being caught with long balls/ balls over the top is another. We also lack a cutting edge and don't convert possession and chances into goals anything like as much as we should.

I suspect that Beale knows there is only so much he can do with this squad (at least with the ones who are fit enough to play) and he may have already reached that plateau.

17 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The good is: I think the shape of the team and the tactics have changed considerably. We seem much more likely to look for a forward pass now than we ever were under van Bronkhurst. Some players have also improved individually both in terms of attitude and performance. We have also had a pretty decent run of results and the only disappointment is dropping points against the scum (which in itself is a turnaround that we were disappointed not to win rather than getting a kicking)

The not so good is that we still have some glaring weaknesses. Goalkeeper is a big one, being caught with long balls/ balls over the top is another. We also lack a cutting edge and don't convert possession and chances into goals anything like as much as we should.

I suspect that Beale knows there is only so much he can do with this squad (at least with the ones who are fit enough to play) and he may have already reached that plateau.

Been an issue since at least 2016.

Easily the biggest individual weakness of every single one of our first choice back four is dealing with a long diagonal.

36 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You're the most stubborn person there's ever been.

Prove it wrong, results have been better yes but performances nope, as i said earlier in gios worst domestic run he conceded less goals than beales 9 out of 10 wins, its absolute fine margins that make the difference 

We had an hour at home to st johnstone who had ten men on sat, and by end of the weekend we didnt eat into the GD between us and them at all, the game was pish on Saturday dont you agree, 

When was the last time we were good to watch for longer than 15-20mins in a game? 

24 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I agree, ive said for ages now we need a clear out of a lot of the long term players, need something fresh and different to what we have as scottish football knows them and can play against them and we are relying on individual brilliance at times to get the breakthrough 

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Prove it wrong, results have been better yes but performances nope, as i said earlier in gios worst domestic run he conceded less goals than beales 9 out of 10 wins, its absolute fine margins that make the difference 

We had an hour at home to st johnstone who had ten men on sat, and by end of the weekend we didnt eat into the GD between us and them at all, the game was pish on Saturday dont you agree, 

When was the last time we were good to watch for longer than 15-20mins in a game? 

He's gone, it didn't work. Let it go.

28 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's a shocker this ain't on the TV because of the English league Cup 2nd legs 

RTV and a vpn it is for me tonight 

Absolute embarrassment, exactly the type of game we should be trying to showcase as a good advert for Scottish football.

League Cup isnt even an excuse they have 3 or channels they show football on.