Top 10 Players from 'The Journey'?

Who's your top 10 players from our time in the lower divisions?

We're starting a new series where we need listeners to submit their top 10 players form certain decades/era, and we'll tally up the final list.

To kick us off, preferably in order, your top 10 from out time in Division 3 right through to the Championship!

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Didn't think too hard about it but something like: 

Tavernier, Foderingham, Wallace, Waghorn, McCulloch, Vuckic, MacLeod, McKay, Halliday, Holt

(Didn't include Goian and Bocanegra etc who left right at the start)

TBF I fucked it with Templeton, subbed him out for Wallace who was a worthy inclusion. 

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Moshni is an absolute banter pick and should almost be included for that reason alone. 

Cunt was playing Modric like outside of the foot passes against along the back line against plumbers and joiners, got deployed as an emergency striker in a cup game we looked like losing and then battered half the Motherwell team. :lol:

Looked class against Newcastle :lol: 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Moshni is an absolute banter pick and should almost be included for that reason alone. 

Cunt was playing Modric like outside of the foot passes against along the back line against plumbers and joiners, got deployed as an emergency striker in a cup game we looked like losing and then battered half the Motherwell team. :lol:

Fucking loved the mad bastard.

Never living it down that I told Ally to sign him outside Ibrox when he was doing well for Southend. Still, worth it for him being a mad cunt and a likeable guy

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How grim was “the journey” by the way?  It’s a bit mad when you look back at the state of our squads (mainly division 3 and League 1) and you had people still thinking we should/could win the Scottish & League cups.

We had to get extra time just to win away to Brechin in the very first game, knew it was going to be brutal even that early on 😂 

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How grim was “the journey” by the way?  It’s a bit mad when you look back at the state of our squads (mainly division 3 and League 1) and you had people still thinking we should/could win the Scottish & League cups.

Was talking about it the other day, we made an absolute arse of it. 

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

We had to get extra time just to win away to Brechin in the very first game, knew it was going to be brutal even that early on 😂 

Peterhead early doors. That game was a slog too. 

I genuinely don't want to label any player from those eras as the best, and certainly don't hold them in the same light as any other Rangers teams.

Horses for courses comes to mind.

From the second season in the Championship onward is probably about as far back as I'd be willing to go.

Arnold Peralta rip.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Peterhead early doors. That game was a slog too. 

I genuinely don't want to label any player from those eras as the best, and certainly don't hold them in the same light as any other Rangers teams.

Horses for courses comes to mind.

From the second season in the Championship onward is probably about as far back as I'd be willing to go.

Arnold Peralta rip.

We didn’t win an away league game until Clyde which was late October. Losing to Stirling Albion while their manager was getting married had to be the ultimate low.