Would you want Morelos and Kent to stay?

NorthernLights

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent has been lucky to have had a good 4 month period in past two seasons.

Lundstram has scored more goals this season than Kent. I think that sort of sums up where he is at as a Rangers forward.

I used to love him but his goal record from that position with the amount he plays is disgraceful. Literally the least likely to score every game bar the goalie. I think its a mental thing now.

Lost count of the times I’ve said “just needs new tactics/style/manager to reignite him…” and there have been brief cameos here and there but, overall, their best days at Rangers are well behind them.

Better for us and the players to make a fresh start elsewhere.

Problem is finding replacements who will play at the level we used to get from these two.

If the arrival of Beale hasn’t sparked them, nothing will.

Both have gotten far too comfortable, and not comfortable in winning things comfortable in being second best and comfortable at losing. 

Morelos hasnt looked fit for 2 seasons now but he is still a better all round player than Colak, still its time for him to move on. 

As for Kent I have no idea how people can actually contemplate giving him another deal based on his performances and stats. It actually blows my mind we paid 7m for him when you actually look at how little he produces. Has he delivered on the big stages? At times yes but he has been nowhere near good value in terms of his overall performances, his decision making and shooting are some of the worst i have seen. He will be lucky to get a move to a mid table championship team imo.

Get rid of both. I fear they will both stay though. 
 Both their careers are going downhill and they both probably know it. They’ll resign here and we’ll pay them over the odds. 
If we are even considering offering them new contracts then we will be second best for a while to come yet. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent has been lucky to have had a good 4 month period in past two seasons.

Lundstram has scored more goals this season than Kent. I think that sort of sums up where he is at as a Rangers forward.

Kent needs to score more goals but is he a massive issue for me no. If we can get him tied down we should. Most of our budget this summer needs to go on Goalkeeper and sorting the midfield. 

Goalkeeper CB CM x2 CF fix all that then let's talk about Kent he's far from a priority for me anyway. 

We have a massive rebuild to come which i imagine will take a good couple of transfer windows to complete. Kent and Morelos, while not the answer long term have their place here now. 

We can't afford to change 9 / 11 of our starters, and while i wholeheartedly agree that Kent needs to increase his numbers considerably, i think there are other areas of the team i would want strengthened first and then I would be looking for an upgrade on Kent and Morelos. 

I do think they have gotten stale and comfortable, but we desperately need more midfield options, a right sided midfielder / inside forward, a keeper, and then the defence strengthened wholesale. 

Massive rebuild needed. 

Nope, there’s no more we can get out them. 

We need to move on and start afresh & rebuild, we all say it’s needed but if we sentimentally hang on to certain players from this unsuccessful period it’ll never happen. 

39 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lundstram was excellent in Euro run so should we also keep him?

Morelos was the reason we got into the groups, Morelos was the reason we got out the groups, Morelos was class against Dortmund, and Red Star, his logic is baffling :lol: 

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Kent needs to score more goals but is he a massive issue for me no. If we can get him tied down we should. Most of our budget this summer needs to go on Goalkeeper and sorting the midfield. 

Goalkeeper CB CM x2 CF fix all that then let's talk about Kent he's far from a priority for me anyway. 

So, because he was good for 7 games last season, you’d give him a new contract on extra money?

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So a forward who doesn’t score goals isn’t a massive issue?

jeez

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Morelos was the reason we got into the groups, Morelos was the reason we got out the groups, Morelos was class against Dortmund, and Red Star, his logic is baffling :lol: 

So, because he was good for 7 games last season, you’d give him a new contract on extra money?

I'd give Kent a new deal yes. If he doesn't sign a shudder to think who his replacement will be barrie mckay or someone like it no doubt. We don't have the money to replace Kent and do all the stuff I think needs done ahead of next year. 

No not a chance. Our fans fawn over these 2 and the reality is they have both given us maybe a good year to 18 months out of 4-5 years. 

We need to move on from this mentality that we need either of these to be successful. The fact we might be negotiating the best part of 70k a week on these 2 behind the scenes is nauseating. 

The biggest indictment you can throw at them both is that you are never ever confident they’ll finish a 1v1 chance or even have a hint of composure in that situation. 

Kent’s “efforts” at goal on Sunday were actually abysmal, add in captain chaos on the other wing and not one of our apparent best 3 forwards have anywhere near the composure needed. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'd give Kent a new deal yes. If he doesn't sign a shudder to think who his replacement will be barrie mckay or someone like it no doubt. We don't have the money to replace Kent and do all the stuff I think needs done ahead of next year. 

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We already have a much better player at the club(Lawrence) whi can come and take Kent's place. That's before you sign a replacement.

The bar isn’t high but at least when Lawrence cuts inside to have a dig it’ll hit the target instead of the last row at Hampden 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Kent's scored the same amount of goals as Lawrence has this season and Lawrence hasn't played since August. It's now March...

Mate I struggle to see where he gets in this team going forward certainly not in Kent's position. 

If Kent:

1. Improved his shooting

2. Focused on end result ie good cross, shot on target, slip ball into danger area

3. Realised he's a cog in the wheel,

Imo he'd be a far better player. More technical and flair players in the team ie Cantwell, Tillman, Hagi, should be taking some pressure off him and allowing him to be freer in his play. Id hope we'd see evidence of this in the remaining games plus next season if he stays.

He is a dangerous player, he just makes wrong decisions or tries to do too much too often, plus his shooting is dire. But theres ability there.

Morelos needs it all to be about him which we can't accept as we're fucked when he's out or off form. He won't change.