Todd Cantwell

RockwellGers

12 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Dont agree, and its rich coming from him. Rangers standards as brought to you by barry fuckin ferguson ffs 

Of course you don’t, you’re very rarely right.

Yes, the man who done it on the pitch, the man who captained us to a treble, won multiple leagues and cups and captained us to a European final. 

8 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

He just can't help himself, he's sitting in his livingroom worried about coming across as cowardly so has to post a quote with a dramatic photo.

He's got no idea, when we get beat off them you don't want to talk and be sociable, you want the world to swallow you up and you want to be raging about it for a good few days, I don't sit in my gaff worrying that my pals will think I'm cowardly because I'm patching the group chats or won't go to the boozer after the game, take the pelters and criticisms that come with the territory of a loss like this in a match like that and turn it around on the pitch, no-one or at least no-one I know needs these stupid wee platitudes.

He just hasn't got a clue.

This is exactly the point I made regarding Roofe yesterday....he posts on Instagram and gets slaughtered about how he doesn't get it....pathetic posting a disallowed goal....Cantwell posts something trying to be positive and he also gets slaughtered....if we had won on Sunday they could post anything and the usual replies would be "love the guy" " he gets what it means to play with Rangers " "got to love the way he winds the tarriers up" I said it yesterday I don't know why social media posts wind posters up so much:lol:

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

This is exactly the point I made regarding Roofe yesterday....he posts on Instagram and gets slaughtered about how he doesn't get it....pathetic posting a disallowed goal....Cantwell posts something trying to be positive and he also gets slaughtered....if we had won on Sunday they could post anything and the usual replies would be "love the guy" " he gets what it means to play with Rangers " "got to love the way he winds the tarriers up" I said it yesterday I don't know why social media posts wind posters up so much:lol:

It's quite simple, post until your heart is content when you're winning, when you're not, particularly when that means losing yet another Old Firm then don't post, fans don't want to see that shite, an Old Firm loss brings out pain, anger and frustration, that's why this kind of shite winds people up.

7 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

It's quite simple, post until your heart is content when you're winning, when you're not, particularly when that means losing yet another Old Firm then don't post, fans don't want to see that shite, an Old Firm loss brings out pain, anger and frustration, that's why this kind of shite winds people up.

Seriously mate are you the social media polis......either they are allowed to post or they are not....it really is that simple!!!

I'm just not getting grown men getting upset over social media platforms....rightly get pissed off about their form on a football park but I can't be fucked with this pish when someone scores a winner then on ye come and we will lap up anything you post because we love you and think you are great.....for this week but don't dare play shite because if you do you better go into hiding and keep yer trap shut?

In truth players shouldn't be on social media if that's rules

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Seriously mate are you the social media polis......either they are allowed to post or they are not....it really is that simple!!!

I'm just not getting grown men getting upset over social media platforms....rightly get pissed off about their form on a football park but I can't be fucked with this pish when someone scores a winner then on ye come and we will lap up anything you post because we love you and think you are great.....for this week but don't dare play shite because if you do you better go into hiding and keep yer trap shut?

In truth players shouldn't be on social media if that's rules

I think if you were on more social media platforms youd have a completely different view

A player comes out and apologises and some fans tell him to shut the fuck up? Wow, that’ll really gee him up. And before anyone says that Cantwell doesn’t read the forums, the Daily Retard etc etc has made these fan comments known, and I have no doubt some will give it tight to him and instagram.

It feels like fans are lashing out left, right and centre at the moment and it is doing us no favours. The sooner we are back winning games the better.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Of course you don’t, you’re very rarely right.

Yes, the man who done it on the pitch, the man who captained us to a treble, won multiple leagues and cups and captained us to a European final. 

:lol:
is that so aye?

In my opinion…opinion btw….Cantwell is one who cant be questioned on effort, commitment, and when he’s used properly, performance. He’s had previous issues at Norwich with social media amongst other things and thats just part of the boy’s character. I personally think instagram and all that is alot of shite but i’m not going to start making a big deal about an apology he’s put on social media. I think most people would accept he genuinely cares, would they not? He didnt have a great game in a bizarre position, he’s just been recorded gettin grief at the airport off some wee fanny and he’s posted an apology to us. Not a picture of him scoring a disallowed goal, not some random picture of the game, an apology. You think thats the hot topic barry ferguson should be discussing?

Is that the same man that was stripped of the captaincy and was told he’d never captain the club again by arguably our greatest ever Manager? He was one of the first players in this country to have a fuckin website! Long before any twitter or instagram! Its funny he’s suggesting be knuckles down and gets on with “beating st johnstone 3or4 nil” considering he went onto do the exact opposite in his playing days.

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I think if you were on more social media platforms youd have a completely different view

Mate I've heard all the shite before social media

When O'Neill took over them we were something like 18pts behind them, I picked up a paper with a back page story with Shota Averladze telling the world that we had a better squad and a stronger starting 11 than them....we were fucking 18pts behind and we were being fed this pish through the papers....now that kinda shit pisses me off....players posting messages on social media is the furthest thing in my mind that is annoying me....how shite we are playing and lack of goals annoys me and the fact I've changed my job and I can't sleep and my alarm is due to go off in 3 and a bit hours is annoying me:lol: hope you are all good Tam:tu:

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Mate I've heard all the shite before social media

When O'Neill took over them we were something like 18pts behind them, I picked up a paper with a back page story with Shota Averladze telling the world that we had a better squad and a stronger starting 11 than them....we were fucking 18pts behind and we were being fed this pish through the papers....now that kinda shit pisses me off....players posting messages on social media is the furthest thing in my mind that is annoying me....how shite we are playing and lack of goals annoys me and the fact I've changed my job and I can't sleep and my alarm is due to go off in 3 and a bit hours is annoying me:lol: hope you are all good Tam:tu:

My point stands mate 😂 if you were on more social media platforms you would have a different view, it’s not the same as just picking up a paper the next day 

8 hours ago, WWTC said:

:lol:
is that so aye?

In my opinion…opinion btw….Cantwell is one who cant be questioned on effort, commitment, and when he’s used properly, performance. He’s had previous issues at Norwich with social media amongst other things and thats just part of the boy’s character. I personally think instagram and all that is alot of shite but i’m not going to start making a big deal about an apology he’s put on social media. I think most people would accept he genuinely cares, would they not? He didnt have a great game in a bizarre position, he’s just been recorded gettin grief at the airport off some wee fanny and he’s posted an apology to us. Not a picture of him scoring a disallowed goal, not some random picture of the game, an apology. You think thats the hot topic barry ferguson should be discussing?

Is that the same man that was stripped of the captaincy and was told he’d never captain the club again by arguably our greatest ever Manager? He was one of the first players in this country to have a fuckin website! Long before any twitter or instagram! Its funny he’s suggesting be knuckles down and gets on with “beating st johnstone 3or4 nil” considering he went onto do the exact opposite in his playing days.

Or instead of posting about 56, instead of laughing at the Tarriers going out the cup, instead of telling us you’ll respond, instead of telling us what we need, why not just fuck up and do your talking on the pitch?

It is the same one, aye, and nobody since comes close to being as good as him.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

All the old boys moaning about the young guys using social media. 😂

Click the “like button” on this post 

WATP 

I don’t mind players using social media . Just as long as they use their brain while doing so also. The 56 stuff looks like it is already coming back to bite him on the arse 

Cantwell came into the team when we found some late form last season - had some good games which ultimatley did not matter towards any silverware.  

Im afraid the end of last season gave him an arrogance towards Scottish football which is showing him up this season.

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Or instead of posting about 56, instead of laughing at the Tarriers going out the cup, instead of telling us you’ll respond, instead of telling us what we need, why not just fuck up and do your talking on the pitch?

It is the same one, aye, and nobody since comes close to being as good as him.

I’d say he’s done his talking on the pitch more often than not, but you’re obviously right, lets get fired into one of the more decent players who genuinely give a fuck about the club. Could he do his talking from the bench against Kilmarnock? Or is he better doing it from a position no one can actually figure out? People want to get their knickers in a twist about a genuine apology just because its on a platform they dont agree with then fair enough. The fact is, if he’d said the exact same words in an interview, no one would even be discussing it. 

Kinda ironic that the player “nobody since comes close to” that was told he wouldnt play for the club again, twice, because of his behaviour now wants to tell Cantwell how to behave off the park. 

33 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I don’t mind players using social media . Just as long as they use their brain while doing so also. The 56 stuff looks like it is already coming back to bite him on the arse 

Yet it was lapped up by the majority. 

6 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Yet it was lapped up by the majority. 

That dosen’t change the fact it is currently biting him in the arse 

Ultimately it’s his bed he’s made to lie in but if the season pans out to be a disaster then he can expect it to be a constant source of criticism from us and mockery from them and only himself to blame 

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

That dosen’t change the fact it is currently biting him in the arse 

Ultimately it’s his bed he’s made to lie in but if the season pans out to be a disaster then he can expect it to be a constant source of criticism from us and mockery from them and only himself to blame 

His apology might come back to bite him in the arse as well I suppose. 

13 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I’d say he’s done his talking on the pitch more often than not, but you’re obviously right, lets get fired into one of the more decent players who genuinely give a fuck about the club. Could he do his talking from the bench against Kilmarnock? Or is he better doing it from a position no one can actually figure out? People want to get their knickers in a twist about a genuine apology just because its on a platform they dont agree with then fair enough. The fact is, if he’d said the exact same words in an interview, no one would even be discussing it. 

Kinda ironic that the player “nobody since comes close to” that was told he wouldnt play for the club again, twice, because of his behaviour now wants to tell Cantwell how to behave off the park. 

See if you’ve just been pumped 5-1, and played shite, and take to IG to say ‘we will respond’ maybe actually respond. See if you wanty laugh at tarriers getting beat by posting on IG, gonny actually make sure we beat them. It’s not hard to understand. ‘Over to us’ a bit late for it to be over to them, no?

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

See if you’ve just been pumped 5-1, and played shite, and take to IG to say ‘we will respond’ maybe actually respond. See if you wanty laugh at tarriers getting beat by posting on IG, gonny actually make sure we beat them. It’s not hard to understand. ‘Over to us’ a bit late for it to be over to them, no?

Ive no problem with him laughin at them gettin beat, they had players saying theyd signed to win trebles and they got fucked out the cup. Get it round them. 

Its not really though is it. It’ll take one hell of a turnaround, but we need to go on a winning run. Its literally over to them, even if he’s restricted by playing in a ridiculous position. 

You’ve got an issue with him using social media, if he’d said those words in an interview you or Ferguson wouldnt even be talking about it. He’s probably our best player, having a go at him for his apology is bizarre. 

10 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Ive no problem with him laughin at them gettin beat, they had players saying theyd signed to win trebles and they got fucked out the cup. Get it round them. 

Its not really though is it. It’ll take one hell of a turnaround, but we need to go on a winning run. Its literally over to them, even if he’s restricted by playing in a ridiculous position. 

You’ve got an issue with him using social media, if he’d said those words in an interview you or Ferguson wouldnt even be talking about it. He’s probably our best player, having a go at him for his apology is bizarre. 

And he’s sitting 4 points behind after being beat by a team with the mighty Greg Taylor and Liam Scales in defence. Maybe, just maybe, wait until he actually wins something before opening his mouth.

It was over to them as soon as pre season started, not now.

I’ve not got a problem with him using social media, it’s the pish he posts I don’t like.

Must admit I could not give less of a fuck what he says on insta, rarely has anyone sent me an Insta post and I have thought my world has been enriched. 

I refuse to get upset by shit like this, I would rather our manager plays our team to its strengths , not around protecting weak points in the team. If you are worried, go and score more than the opponent not protect a right back that can’t defend for toffee, find a system that works and plays to our strengths. 

TC and KR Insta posts? Nope couldn’t give a fuck