Europe 23/24

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I get that we've been burnt this season with it, but the financial perspective is hugely significant.

So is being able to attract and keep players who want to play in it.

Finishing third in the CL group and making the EL would be my preferred outcome.

That just highlights how fucking daft Robertson’s statement that it wasn’t worth much more than the EL then.

Other issue is that we qualified this year, and then made no signings whatsoever. Doesn’t exactly give me confidence that the club will invest in the squad if we do it again.

1 minute ago, The FF Snitch said:

We qualified this year having not won the league the previous season.

That's cause we concentrated on the Europa league which I was fully behind we got knocked out of the champions league in early November. Fans more interested in appearing in the champions league than winning trophies 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Should we all just pack it in then?

Never packed it in, in 2012 so not starting now the fact that the majority of our fans don't give a fuck in winning the league and more interested in champions league football 

Just a quick note on flights - Serbian, Belgian and Greek teams are pretty easy to book flights for, as almost all the teams in contention for Europe are Belgrade, Brussels or Athens-based (or near enough).

Ukrainian teams are obviously a bit more complicated as Shakhtar have been playing European football in Warsaw this season while Dnipro have been playing in Kosice, so it’s a bit more of a lucky dip in terms of venue.

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Rebuild and forget CL next season.

Issue we’ve got is that it appears relatively easy to get to the playoff round and we’ll likely be seeded when we get there, so there’s a decent chance of us making the groups even if supporters can’t be bothered :lol:

Reality is it’s a tough one, financially we need the CL money and that’s that

But nobody wants to witness those performances and thrashings again, which will happen next season should we qualify, no question about that

But I’m pretty convinced those pumpings in the CL this season contributed to our downfall domestically

I’d definitely rather EL next season based on the above and build our squad spending on the assumption we won’t reach the CL, can’t afford to have the mindset of we will know what transfer budget we have once we find out if we qualify for CL or not.. it will be too late then, business needs done early getting a squad as much of a pre season together as possible 

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

We need the CL money and the chance of a 3rd place finish in the group. It’s far too valuable to give up, and all the talk of “we would rather play in the EL as it’s our level” is just cutting our nose of to spite our faces.

Just to add to this- how many of us will honestly be sitting here when we’re playing the 3QL hoping we lose just so we go into the Europa? Not many I would imagine.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

We need the CL money and the chance of a 3rd place finish in the group. It’s far too valuable to give up, and all the talk of “we would rather play in the EL as it’s our level” is just cutting our nose of to spite our faces.

I would love to play in the champions league every year the problem being is we got humped every game last year worst record in the competition but all people could focus on was on the 40 mil which then reduced to 13m I think.

More interested in the results people seem to be forgetting that now all about money.

Even last night on social media all I saw was at least we stopped the 10 is that what we have become.

Even when the taigs over take us in league trophies and it will happen soon cunts will eventually wake up.

Something drastic needs to happen soon.

1 hour ago, sRcFoCt said:

And you're fucking deluded if you think any money the board get are going to invest in the squad 

Might not mean large outlays of fees, but it lets us keep a higher baseline of wages and stuff without going into debt. No Europe = cheaper calibre of player.

It's not about being more interested in money than results domestically, having more money will help us compete better domestically. We already struggle to keep up with them financially. Sidelining Europe would likely make that even harder and the gulf in quality bigger.

1 hour ago, sRcFoCt said:

Never packed it in, in 2012 so not starting now the fact that the majority of our fans don't give a fuck in winning the league and more interested in champions league football 

If you have to make things up to back your point then you don't really have much of a point.

I dont think anyone is going to genuinely mean they don't want us in the Champions League, but if we are there, we need to be able to compete and not face the hammerings we have experienced this season.

If the figures add up and a deep run in the Europa League gets us similar or better finances to that of being hammered every game in the champions league, then Europa League is where i would prefer us to be at this stage. 

20 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

If you have to make things up to back your point then you don't really have much of a point.

Have you been on social media lately go look on Facebook taigs making fun of us our fans laughing with them.

That sentence " I'm a Rangers fan and I found that hilarious"

No cunt cares anymore.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Have you been on social media lately go look on Facebook taigs making fun of us our fans laughing with them.

That sentence " I'm a Rangers fan and I found that hilarious"

No cunt cares anymore.

There’s your problem.

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Do we not try and qualify because we never won the league? 

What's the logic here? 

The logic is I'm more interested in trophies than qualification for the champions league. The priority must be the league finishing second every year and getting the money just makes me feel hollow it will make the board happy