Europe 23/24

On 19/04/2023 at 10:13, psb07158 said:

It 100% did

There's not a chance the team that went to the Europa League final could become the worst team in Champions League history a mere 6 months later.

Sounds bad. But even worse to think we got put out champ league qualifiers by kaunas after manchester final.

On 19/04/2023 at 10:13, psb07158 said:

It 100% did

There's not a chance the team that went to the Europa League final could become the worst team in Champions League history a mere 6 months later.

What a ridiculous statement the worst team in champions league history.

Statistically conceded a lot of goals in the group. Don’t think that makes us the worst team in the history of the tournament. We have won games in the competition before.

Tabloid rubbish that phrase.

11 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Statistically conceded a lot of goals in the group. Don’t think that makes us the worst team in the history of the tournament. We have won games in the competition before.

Hardly ridiculous given we are the 2nd worst team to appear in the groups after last seasons group stage. It's there in black and white 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hardly ridiculous given we are the 2nd worst team to appear in the groups after last seasons group stage. It's there in black and white 

You’ve said it yourself then 2nd worst not the worst! 
Pretty sure Zagreb have done 2 group stages with 0 points. That’s worse than us.

In fact there’s 10 or so teams who’ve gone through the groups without a point.

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

Pretty sure Zagreb have done 2 group stages with 0 points. That’s worse than us.

I'm not talking about overall in the history of the CL because obviously we wouldn't be bottom. I'm talking in a single seasons we are the worst or one of the 2. That's what the poster was saying too.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not talking about overall in the history of the CL because obviously we wouldn't be bottom. I'm talking in a single seasons we are the worst or one of the 2. That's what the poster was saying too.

Just can’t be bothered with our own fans trotting out the worst team in champions league history line.

We’re not. We had a terrible campaign but as Rangers we reached the last 16 and inaugural group stages. So we are by far not the worst team in champions league history.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Just can’t be bothered with our own fans trotting out the worst team in champions league history line.

We’re not. We had a terrible campaign but as Rangers we reached the last 16 and inaugural group stages. So we are by far not the worst team in champions league history.

Statistically those 6 games are the worst produced by a team in the group stages. 

17 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I think even Benfica mightve managed nil points one time. It was fuckin awful  from us this season though, cant say i enjoyed the champions league experience one bit bar the first half hour v liverpool. Its a hell of a thing to be debating, "has anyone been as bad as us ". 

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I don't think a single person has claimed we are the worst in the way you're implying.

5 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I accept but is also a completely different meaning from the worst team ever to play in the Champions League 

This season's Rangers team are the worst team in the CL ever (IIRC). So it's not wrong to say this Rangers team is the worst ever. Which is what people are saying.

We're not the worst club to have appeared in terms of overall performance, though. Not even nearly.

7 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We are statistically the worse - no getting round that mate.  Red Star I believe  were one goal away from joining us and they've one the European Cup.  If it was them, we'd be slagging them for the banter

Oh and for what it's worth, we were shite this season and the loss to Liverpool was pathetic, especially after the first half.

edit - perhaps a better way of putting it we have the worse record

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I have never heard of that Serbian team.

It’s a town of about 14,500 which is majority Hungarian (as is most of northern Serbia), their stadium only holds 4,500 and they’ve never played in Europe before so I reckon they’ll move it to Novi Sad (as has happened in the past with other teams in the area who have got into Europe), hopefully they use Vojvodina’s stadium which holds nearly 15,000 or there’s fuck all chance of getting a ticket :lol:

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

You just fucking know we will get PSV again.

I’d actually prefer to get Marseille if we go through, French teams generally underachieve massively in Europe and I think PSV would give us a tougher game.

My only concern would be that they’ve had a few stadium closures recently, and I could see things getting a bit hairy for away fans.