Europe 23/24

12 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Have you been on social media lately go look on Facebook taigs making fun of us our fans laughing with them.

That sentence " I'm a Rangers fan and I found that hilarious"

No cunt cares anymore.

Mate celtic fans taking the piss on facebook does not mean that the majority of our fans do not want to win the league.

9 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Mate celtic fans taking the piss on facebook does not mean that the majority of our fans do not want to win the league.

I said they Don't care winning the league 2nd best is alright in there eyes.

14 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

Social media, especially Facebook, is not at all representative of the wider fanbase.

True but there's alot more of our fans laughing at the club with strangers online that's embarrassing in my eyes

24 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

The logic is I'm more interested in trophies than qualification for the champions league. The priority must be the league finishing second every year and getting the money just makes me feel hollow it will make the board happy 

Do you think we can scrape back 12 points? 

6 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

True but there's alot more of our fans laughing at the club with strangers online that's embarrassing in my eyes

That kind of tit for tat pish has happened on social media for years, in my experience you can very easily avoid all that stuff if you choose to.

If we qualify for the CL then I doubt it that we will be anywhere near as bad as last year. We were in the toughest group in the competition, had a horrendous injury list and a manager who appeared to have lost his way. Despite last season our coefficient is only going up as we replace years with no points or very few which makes everything easier.

We have already been told that we have will have more money to spend next season which will only strengthen us and I do see third place and some football after Christmas being more than possible. A kinder group and less injuries and we could have this year. Fuck being afraid of it if we take that attitude then we would never have had a Europa final after failing to even qualify a few years earlier.

25 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

If we qualify for the CL then I doubt it that we will be anywhere near as bad as last year.

It would take some doing to be worse than the worst performing team in the competition’s history, but if anyone can manage it…

5 hours ago, chris182 said:

Last year was an anomaly for me. With additions, a squad not bereft of injuries and a full preseason under our belt, I predict we'll perform much better if we qualify.

You could well be right, and I’d certainly hope so. But if I had the choice right now, I’d err on the side of caution and take a decent EL campaign.

Top bantz re without injuries, though 🙄

The CL was an incredibly hard watch last year. In a rebuilding season, I don't see where we are ready for that calibre again. 

Although the Europa money is less, it is where we belong and another long run in the trophy would help gel a predominantly new group of players.

6 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

If we qualify for the CL then I doubt it that we will be anywhere near as bad as last year. We were in the toughest group in the competition, had a horrendous injury list and a manager who appeared to have lost his way. Despite last season our coefficient is only going up as we replace years with no points or very few which makes everything easier.

We have already been told that we have will have more money to spend next season which will only strengthen us and I do see third place and some football after Christmas being more than possible. A kinder group and less injuries and we could have this year. Fuck being afraid of it if we take that attitude then we would never have had a Europa final after failing to even qualify a few years earlier.

Talking sense....itll never catch on

19 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fuck the Champions League

Aye, I have to say that I'd rather the positive vibes of a good EL run than finishing bottom of a CL group again.

That being said, if we can say to players that they'll get to play in the CL that'd be a big draw. Plus, Gio's tactics were a larger influence on our performance than the gulf in quality so maybe it wouldn't be the shit show it was this season.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The CL was an incredibly hard watch last year. In a rebuilding season, I don't see where we are ready for that calibre again. 

Although the Europa money is less, it is where we belong and another long run in the trophy would help gel a predominantly new group of players.

The CL money trumps any benefits of “gelling” from a EL run that likely wouldn’t be very long.

Not getting CL would be a disaster. That’s Tillman fee sorted and enough for a reasonable re build. 

Without it we will be in no position to challenge for the league if Wilson is still here 

16 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The CL money trumps any benefits of “gelling” from a EL run that likely wouldn’t be very long.

Not getting CL would be a disaster. That’s Tillman fee sorted and enough for a reasonable re build. 

Without it we will be in no position to challenge for the league if Wilson is still here 

It's just the next step up. Once we get a couple of years worth of cash from it we will do much better. Starters become squad players as bigger transfer budgets become available. If we want to begin winning trophies reguarly again then it is essential really.

20 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

Have you been on social media lately go look on Facebook taigs making fun of us our fans laughing with them.

That sentence " I'm a Rangers fan and I found that hilarious"

No cunt cares anymore.

Wee fruits like this need their whole entire cunts kicked in!

Just to add, if neither Feyenoord, Roma or Man Utd win the Europa League then we could also draw the third-placed team in France - as it stands that would be Marseille, though I reckon it’s much more likely to be Lens as they’ve got PSG at the weekend and Marseille will almost certainly leapfrog them into second. I’d much prefer Lens regardless as it seems a more winnable tie and I can see there being issues travelling to Marseille because of their support.

Hopefully one of those teams wins the EL and we don’t have to worry about that though.

29 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Just to add, if neither Feyenoord, Roma or Man Utd win the Europa League then we could also draw the third-placed team in France - as it stands that would be Marseille, though I reckon it’s much more likely to be Lens as they’ve got PSG at the weekend and Marseille will almost certainly leapfrog them into second. I’d much prefer Lens regardless as it seems a more winnable tie and I can see there being issues travelling to Marseille because of their support.

Hopefully one of those teams wins the EL and we don’t have to worry about that though.

Shitebag.

On 09/04/2023 at 05:57, five stars said:

Europa league after finishing 3rd in a Champions League group will do nicely for now.

I think that's about our perfect outcome. Get the cash from the groups then drop into the EL where we would have a decent chance of further progression.

12 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Shitebag.

Don’t mean personally :lol: they’ve been given stadium bans before for European games so I’d be slightly concerned the same could happen again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63015708

My grandad did fight against the Algerians for the French (despite being in the British Army) during the former’s War of Independence mind, so there might be some locals looking for retribution :lol:

On 09/04/2023 at 16:11, bluenoz said:

Get a decent draw in the CL and you have the best of both worlds though.