Europe 23/24

On 09/04/2023 at 02:54, falkirkNS said:

Europa leagues our level.

Correct.

Exactly. Union st Gilloise who we beat to get to CL this season now in QFs of Europa with a good chance of SF spot. Not saying we would be there but a possibility we would be if we had actually lost to them. 

48 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Exactly. Union st Gilloise who we beat to get to CL this season now in QFs of Europa with a good chance of SF spot. Not saying we would be there but a possibility we would be if we had actually lost to them. 

We wouldnt this season unfortunate with the serial losers or players who times up at our club.

Europa league is our level though.

Id love to see big bassey again in our jersey though.

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

We wouldnt this season unfortunate with the serial losers or players who times up at our club.

Which one's are you meaning?

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m assuming this is a rhetorical question? :lol:

Just interested to see how he spins it that the guys who reached the final 11 months ago would have been poor in the same tournament this season.

35 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Just interested to see how he spins it that the guys who reached the final 11 months ago would have been poor in the same tournament this season.

Because this season, this same team well well and truly not at that fitness or playing level.

37 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't like that at all.

Would likely be third time lucky for them :lol: 

They’ve surely got to beat us at some point :lol:

That’s not even mentioning the fact they’re flying domestically at the moment and only two points behind second-placed Porto.

As an aside, I really like Braga as a city, probably prefer it to Porto in fact - while Porto felt very busy and more stressful, Braga had a more sleepy, laid-back vibe that I really enjoyed.

On 17/04/2023 at 00:41, The Hammer 11 said:

I’m forever optimistic when it comes to Europe due to the way Gerard had us playing ( I’m completely ignoring this season) last 16 it is for us 

Yeah same. It weirdly suits our play style. Aren’t trying to break down low blocks and most teams don’t do the kamikaze press like celtic do up the middle. (Because most teams in Europe have technical players in the midfield that can exploit it).

So our plodders in midfield get more time on the ball. But equally we still can find space out wide and play on the counter well as teams will try to dominate us or have a go. 

Will still struggle against teams like Ajax where they do really give you no time in the middle 

6 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

These serial losers (your wirds not mine) are pretty much the same guys who took us to Seville. 

McGregor

Tavernier

Goldson

Lundstram

Kent

Morelos

These guys were all heros to us 12 months ago.