General Transfer Talk

Broxi

47 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I see some of the shitty websites are crediting us with interest in Jack Clarke.

Think he'd be out of our reach financially but that's the level of player who'd be an exciting left wing replacement.

Your list of preferred players is pretty much my shortlist on FM.

All targets who if you push the boat out on a little you can just about afford. Alex Scott, Jack Clarke etc.

In reality they are way beyond our reach and nowhere near as good in real life as they are in the game.

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

All targets who if you push the boat out on a little you can just about afford. Alex Scott, Jack Clarke etc.

In reality they are way beyond our reach and nowhere near as good in real life as they are in the game.

Would take Alex Scott in a hearbeat  :hump:images.jpeg-3.jpg.a8da94a1a5f5e241edb7a36968da0754.jpg

More often than not, if we win all four old firm games, we win the league. If we even win three and lost one, there is still a good chance. To win these games we need a solid first team and also a very good selection from the bench. We need to think big this season and buy quality players that won't go in the huff if they find themselves on the bench and are raring to go when they get that opportunity to go on the pitch. We need to remember we are a massive club and to play for us you have to be fit, on form and know that someone can come in at any point in time and replace you. 

3 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

Reading jessie lingard got released from his 115k a week contract! Thats insane. What chance do we have competing with that nonsense.

Your only competing with whoever else offers him a contract .If he’s holding out for the same contract he could find himself without a club 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I know, the players I like for that position in particular are playing for clubs were they shouldn't be out of our reach but sadly are.

Really want a technical dribbler who can score and assist, but not sure we can get all of that in our price range.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I know, the players I like for that position in particular are playing for clubs were they shouldn't be out of our reach but sadly are.

Really want a technical dribbler who can score and assist, but not sure we can get all of that in our price range.

There will be some out there, but its a case of luck if the player you actually sign is one of them.

Its one of those things that at the budget we are aiming at, there is every chance that the player you identify, you think has all the traits you need, but then you put them in the SPFL and the unique 12 man defence with the opposition playing every week like it is a cup final against you, just flops like fuck.

Im still sticking by my increasingly more fantastical claim that Matondo is going to rip it up next year. I think he technically has everything. Technique, pace, power, shooting ability. The only thing im not sure about is that I hope it is confidence holding him back, and not the complete lack of a footballing brain.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

There will be some out there, but its a case of luck if the player you actually sign is one of them.

Its one of those things that at the budget we are aiming at, there is every chance that the player you identify, you think has all the traits you need, but then you put them in the SPFL and the unique 12 man defence with the opposition playing every week like it is a cup final against you, just flops like fuck.

Im still sticking by my increasingly more fantastical claim that Matondo is going to rip it up next year. I think he technically has everything. Technique, pace, power, shooting ability. The only thing im not sure about is that I hope it is confidence holding him back, and not the complete lack of a footballing brain.

He has some raw attributes, mainly his pace, which is up there with as good as it gets. But there's no football brain there mate. Technically he's not great either imo.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He has some raw attributes, mainly his pace, which is up there with as good as it gets. But there's no football brain there mate. Technically he's not great either imo.

Nah, I disagree, there is more there that I can see.

When he does shoot, he tends to be fairly accurate, and he hits it with power.

He also has very good balance along with his pace, and is good running at ,multiple defenders.

I think he has something to offer, and I think with a new focal point up front next year, im hoping it all starts to click.

I do fully accept that he might just be shite, but im deciding to be overly optimistic and predict he will be player of the year next season, and we will be calling for the return of Ross Wilson by next June. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nah, I disagree, there is more there that I can see.

When he does shoot, he tends to be fairly accurate, and he hits it with power.

He also has very good balance along with his pace, and is good running at ,multiple defenders.

I think he has something to offer, and I think with a new focal point up front next year, im hoping it all starts to click.

I do fully accept that he might just be shite, but im deciding to be overly optimistic and predict he will be player of the year next season, and we will be calling for the return of Ross Wilson by next June. 

I don't think he's as bad as has been made out but equally not as good as you think he might be.

Don't mind him hanging about in the squad and seeing what he does if he gets an opportunity, but I hope we're looking to bring in someone in that position who's a clear upgrade.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't think he's as bad as has been made out but equally not as good as you think he might be.

Don't mind him hanging about in the squad and seeing what he does if he gets an opportunity, but I hope we're looking to bring in someone in that position who's a clear upgrade.

If we were offered our money back and get him off the wage bill, I would actually take it.

I understand my stance is based on pure optimism, but as we aint gonna get our money back and I doubt anyone will match his wages, I would rather pretend to myself that he is going to be immense.

I do genuinely think he has more talent than people have seen so far.

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Your only competing with whoever else offers him a contract .If he’s holding out for the same contract he could find himself without a club 

Not specifically suggesting we go for lingard, just using as an example. Just demonstrates in reality we are competing championship, mid-championship really even at best.

Sickening when I was brought up in an era we competed iterally with any club in the world, granted most chose better leagues over us