*****The Official Rangers v Scum Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

Just now, Essandoh said:

Not sure I’d feel any better with Souttar in there ahead of Davies

Surprised there’s as much conflict about it

Quicker to the ball, better in the air, and has scored goals against them from set pieces (albeit not for us).

I'd rather Souttar, someone mentioned his mistake for their goal, but equally Davies has made the same mistakes, if not worse at times, and he's supposed to be more experienced and cost us £4m.

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

Souttar played a pass that gave them a goal in the last game.

They both made howlers but Davies mistakes have started to pile up, it doesn't help that Barisic is weak as fuck and hates tackling as well so our left side of defence is garbage. Davies always gets caught ball watching like Barisic and players run off them. 

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

They both made howlers but Davies mistakes have started to pile up, it doesn't help that Barisic is weak as fuck and hates tackling as well so our left side of defence is garbage. Davies always gets caught ball watching like Barisic and players run off them. 

Souttar can’t play LCB, he gets battered.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Quicker to the ball, better in the air, and has scored goals against them from set pieces (albeit not for us).

I'd rather Souttar, someone mentioned his mistake for their goal, but equally Davies has made the same mistakes, if not worse at times, and he's supposed to be more experienced and cost us £4m.

Souttar is terrible over the left.

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Playing Davies when he's been utterly crap, and dropping Souttar who has always delivered something against that lot is a bit weird imo.

Lundstram playing again.

If that's our best possible team, am just away for a wee half of bleach the now.

Souttar can't play on the left to replace davies mate who'd you have played instead of lundstram? 

That's as strong as we could've went imo

Just now, Bluekev said:

Souttar is terrible over the left.

I didn't mention Souttar playing left. 

Goldson and Souttar are both right sided CBs, however Goldson is more than capable of fitting in at LCB.

The solution to that is move Goldson, not weaken the defence by playing the defender who's mistakes are piling up.

Just now, siamthedanger said:

Be great to have the Lundstrum from last years semi final instead of the non effective player he has been this season. 

To be fair he isnt alone in that. You will find very few amongst this squad, certainly those who were here last season, have performed anywhere near the level they are capable of this season. Things have slightly improved under Beale but too little to late in terms of being able to turn things around.

Just now, Bluekev said:

Souttar can’t play LCB, he gets battered.

This myth of only left footers can play the left side of defence is nonsense. He got bullied off another giant in Nouble who's game is all about bullying centre half. Plus it was his official debut for us as well. 

8 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Who else plays in midfield other than Lundstrum? At least Raskin and Cantwell are in v the league cup final. Souttar at LCB obviously isn't fancied. Livi manhandled him

I was in the back 3 mob because I think it would protect our weaknesses and damage celtic's strengths. It was more in hope than expectation.

Lundstram would play for me anyway considering the alternative is Kamara.

celtic will inevitably score that goal where they work it down the left for the striker or right winger to tap in.

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Not sure I’d feel any better with Souttar in there ahead of Davies

Surprised there’s as much conflict about it

Souttar and Davies have both had poor games recently, but we know that Davies is much better when Goldson is there. We don't know that with Souttar. Not yet, anyway.

5 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

The Davies attempted header for one of their goals was one of the worst things I’ve seen on a professional football pitch 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Souttar can't play on the left to replace davies mate who'd you have played instead of lundstram? 

That's as strong as we could've went imo

Says who? Coz of 1 game against a battering ram who bully's most defences he plays against. How many other games have you seen souttar play on the left?