What players has Michael Beale improved since arriving?

18 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We've been losing to the filth because our attacking players are way below the required standard in terms of talent and/or motivation. If you swapped the 2023 versions of Morelos and Kent out for their 2021 equivalents, I am very confident we would've won on Jan 2nd and Feb 26th. Quite possibly in the last game too. 

Our defence is the biggest problem against them. We gift them goal, after goal, after goal.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No manager would improve this lot, all the tactics in the world, all the best coaching cannot fix the absolute shit mentality these players have

Even the likes of cantwell moving the water bag from the tarrier cunt last weekend, we need more of that contempt towards them and the rest of scottish football, too many of our squad are pussies when someone goes toe to toe with them

Said it with gio and I'll say it with beale, these players are the issue and always have been, they almost got gerrard sacked, they got gio sacked and they need to go

This.

If we kept them the next manager would be binned too.

Hopefully this 'biggest' overhaul in years is true because if not its going to be more of the same.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No manager would improve this lot, all the tactics in the world, all the best coaching cannot fix the absolute shit mentality these players have

Even the likes of cantwell moving the water bag from the tarrier cunt last weekend, we need more of that contempt towards them and the rest of scottish football, too many of our squad are pussies when someone goes toe to toe with them

Said it with gio and I'll say it with beale, these players are the issue and always have been, they almost got gerrard sacked, they got gio sacked and they need to go

The biggest thing people had against Cantwell before signing is he wouldn't be tough enough too. :lol:

2 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Tillman. Kent and Morelos improved a bit between January and March before reverting to type. Can't say he 'improved them' but he's getting the best out of Raskin and Cantwell.

Think the majority of this lot are beyond that stage.

I thought at the time Kent’s form had started to improve towards the end of Gio’s tenure.

21 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

This.

If we kept them the next manager would be binned too.

Hopefully this 'biggest' overhaul in years is true because if not its going to be more of the same.

Yip. Don’t think Gio was the right man but the players didn’t help at all. This clear out is long overdue. It shouldn’t have needed to be done at the level that it’s going to be, it should have been done over the past four windows but we had Ross Wilson overseeing our footballing department so of course it wasn’t.

51 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The biggest thing people had against Cantwell before signing is he wouldn't be tough enough too. :lol:

He might still get kicked up and down the place, but he certainly doesnt look like he'd hide and the water bag stunt was fucking tremendous and we need more of that 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

He might still get kicked up and down the place, but he certainly doesnt look like he'd hide and the water bag stunt was fucking tremendous and we need more of that 

Absolutely, just shows it’s not who you always think that will step up in these games.

Good to see you back on the forum!

34 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yip. Don’t think Gio was the right man but the players didn’t help at all. This clear out is long overdue. It shouldn’t have needed to be done at the level that it’s going to be, it should have been done over the past four windows but we had Ross Wilson overseeing our footballing department so of course it wasn’t.

Had lawerence stayed fit, colak stayed fit, yilmaz settled, and davies got fit a bit quicker i think we'd be in a better place 

Even the likes of nice pulling out the kamara deal, that goes through we have raskin from day one last season 

We badly need an overhaul, but i think had a bit of luck went our way this season it wouldn't look so bad

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Our defence is the biggest problem against them. We gift them goal, after goal, after goal.

I've said this and my rage at watching it over and over and over again grows with each passing goal.  Goals change games and despite us carrying passengers our absolute inability to convert chances or show enough quality, coupled with suicidal defending game after game v. them, leaves us where we are.  

We gifted 2 at Ibrox in the 2-2.  We gifted both at Parkhead.  We gifted the semi-final goal as well as 1 in the final.  That's 6 goals that were completely and utterly avoidable.  Add to that the sitters we've missed.

Football turns around VERY quickly and a change in mentality will follow if we get some quality additions in at the back, and up front. 

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

that prick lovelace liking that cunts goal against us on twitter is another sign of the malaise 

Tbf most players social media profiles are run by their agents, that 'like' probably had nothing to do with Lovelace himself 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Both are a problem but the way I look at it: if we swapped two of our attackers for theirs (e.g., Jota, Furuhashi) we would've beaten them at least twice this year. I'm not sure the same is true if you swapped their two best defenders into our side. 

4 hours ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Any, none, too soon to judge?

Rangers_Michael_Beale3.jpg

None - I don't see that as a criticism, he's not our Youth Development Coach. You can't deny he has the team playing far better and securing more consistent results since he came in.

The whole team has improved. Cantwell and Raskin have been good signings. But frankly it is a hollow statement given our inability to lay a glove on celtic and the ongoing weakness and poor attitude amongst our squad. He needs a proper summer and pre-season to be judged. 

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

None - I don't see that as a criticism, he's not our Youth Development Coach. You can't deny he has the team playing far better and securing more consistent results since he came in.

Has he though, is it cause the players have no pressure apart from OF games and the recent sheep game

Nobody was getting excellent performances out of the players who were here under Gio. Points per game have increased so at least that's an improvement.  I'm not making any judgements on Beale's management until he's dealing with his own team rather than making do with what he inherited. So far, the players he's brought in have looked good.  Hopefully this is an indicator that Beale has good connections and an eye for players who can come in and improve us straight away.