Welcome to Rangers, Dujon Sterling

Bydo

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is he one of next season's replacements for the released Lundstram and Jack? 🤔

I think Lundstram will stay.

He’s already ahead of Jack in the pecking order for me. 

Sterling has only played 820mins for Rangers, so just over 9 games worth, and in that time he has played right back, left back, centre half, centre mid, left mid and right wing and remarkably has excelled in every position.

MoM in midfield (2nd half in EL v Real Betis away and Cup final v Hearts) then 'outwings' a winger (albeit a limited one) yesterday and could have scored 2. 

Just as effective as a starting player or coming on as a sub.

His 'natural' position is quite possibly his weakest. Mental

Clement must surely love the lad.

12 hours ago, Broxi said:

The only person who should be able to realistically keep Sterling out of the team is Diomande. Them and Lundstram are the main 3 now by far

Them 3 plus say Rice should be our midfield next season. Wouldn't mind if we went and got Watson from Killie and Barron from Aberdeen to bolster that.

45 minutes ago, beararse said:

Sterling has only played 820mins for Rangers, so just over 9 games worth, and in that time he has played right back, left back, centre half, centre mid, left mid and right wing and remarkably has excelled in every position.

MoM in midfield (2nd half in EL v Real Betis away and Cup final v Hearts) then 'outwings' a winger (albeit a limited one) yesterday and could have scored 2. 

Just as effective as a starting player or coming on as a sub.

His 'natural' position is quite possibly his weakest. Mental

Clement must surely love the lad.

He was horrendous at LW.

Been terrific overall though. 

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Wouldn't say he has excelled at left back or right back. In fact, he was terrible against Morton in the League Cup.

I think it could probably be reworded that he's been excellent in the majority of the positions and games he's played since PC took charge, not many players were doing themselves any favours under Beale. 

He has all the attributes that could get him to the top and more importantly seems to have the attitude to match. 

17 hours ago, toolongawake said:

On recent form there's little chance we release Lundstrum.

He's out of contract though.  I'm sure we'll offer him something, but at 30 it'll be his last big deal, probably and I suspect he may get better offers from down south. 

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Wouldn't say he has excelled at left back or right back. In fact, he was terrible against Morton in the League Cup.

Excelled was clearly the wrong word  to use for all his appearances. 
I did suggest he’s probably weakest as a full back but given his lack of game time in general, and  specifically in the many positions he’s played, he’s done remarkably well.

After he came on he created the chance for Silva where the gk made a great save, then missed 2 sitters, got us the first penalty and several times had managed to gain posession back, as well as having some good runs on the wing. Plenty of product for 45 mins considering what Wright looked like the first half. Seriously, if we keep Lundstram and Diomande as starters, id have no problem with Sterling on the right side. Maclausland and Wright need benched. 

1 minute ago, demise said:

After he came on he created the chance for Silva where the gk made a great save, then missed 2 sitters, got us the first penalty and several times had managed to gain posession back, as well as having some good runs on the wing. Plenty of product for 45 mins considering what Wright looked like the first half. Seriously, if we keep Lundstram and Diomande as starters, id have no problem with Sterling on the right side. Maclausland and Wright need benched. 

Wright needs to be nowhere near this squad.  He was a complete empty jersey yesterday.  Even when McAusland is(has been) playing poorly he defends well.  Sterling was a revelation and he's no right winger.

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Wright needs to be nowhere near this squad.  He was a complete empty jersey yesterday.  Even when McAusland is(has been) playing poorly he defends well.  Sterling was a revelation and he's no right winger.

Hes also not a midfielder, but he was not bad at it either. 

3 hours ago, Southsider said:

He's out of contract though.  I'm sure we'll offer him something, but at 30 it'll be his last big deal, probably and I suspect he may get better offers from down south. 

Goldson thought that too though. 

He's not getting EPL, he could possibly earn more in championship but I'm not sure it would be big enough an uplift from what he'll get here to entice him.

What's clear is that Clement rates him highly, alongside Tav and Goldson he is never rotated out.