The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Thought I could see what we were trying to achieve in the first half hour. Dropped off after that and as soon as they went down to 10 men it was panic stations and back to Barisic and Tav crossing balls to each other. Mind numbing to watch. Ended up last 15 looking as if we settled for 2-1 

Even though we’ve spent a bit of money on attacking players, thought we were missing options off the bench. Hopefully Lawrence and Roofe can stay fit as they’d be able to contribute. If not I’d like to see us go and get someone on loan. Even a target man for when we are firing balls into the box needing a goal in the last 20 minutes. (Not Lyndon Dykes)

Every player we’ve signed seems very similar. Apart from Sima who I suppose is similar to Matondo in terms of he’s pish! 😂

21 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Even though we’ve spent a bit of money on attacking players, thought we were missing options off the bench. Hopefully Lawrence and Roofe can stay fit as they’d be able to contribute. If not I’d like to see us go and get someone on loan. Even a target man for when we are firing balls into the box needing a goal in the last 20 minutes. (Not Lyndon Dykes)

Every player we’ve signed seems very similar. Apart from Sima who I suppose is similar to Matondo in terms of he’s pish! 😂

To include those 2 in the euro squad would mean leaving others out. I could see him maybe leaving somebody out for Lawrence, but no way does Roofe get in considering how much we've spent on forwards, and how poor his injury history is.

10 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I grew up knowing nothing but success so not sure what the point is 

The standard isnt to be absolute cunts that benefits nobody but the opposition 

If you can't make a simple pass, if you can't hit an open net, if you start trying to play volleyball with the football - then why aren't people who've only really known success, not going to moan and groan and call it out?

We expect the fucking basics at minimum.

You're acting like pure abuse was given out.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

If you can't make a simple pass, if you can't hit an open net, if you start trying to play volleyball with the football - then why aren't people who've only known success, not going to moan and groan and call it out?

Im not just talking about last night but weve become the biggest greeting faced cunts on the planet 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Im not just talking about last night but weve become the biggest greeting faced cunts on the planet 

That's not our fucking fault! That's the fault of the players and management that we've had to endure, fail to win trophy after trophy.

If you're constantly watching teams that have no fight or bottle to get it over the line,  no gawny be sitting fucking happy are we?

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

That's not our fucking fault! That's the fault of the players and management that we've had to endure, fail to win trophy after trophy.

If you're constantly watching teams that have no fight or bottle to get it over the line,  no gawny be sitting fucking happy are we?

If you want to spend your time raging and greeting like a spoiled entitled brat you batter in , i know what benefits the club and its not that 

28 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

If you want to spend your time raging and greeting like a spoiled entitled brat you batter in , i know what benefits the club and its not that 

Just sit and happy clap, be thankful to finish second and do it all again next season? Because we need to have belief and support the team and manager no matter what, give them the time?

Aye, standards have definitely slipped for some.

7 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Just sit and happy clap, be thankful to finish second and do it all again next season? Because we need to have belief and support the team and manager no matter what, give them the time?

:lol: like i said you batter in 

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Is that the only 2 options as fans then? You’re either a happy clapper or absolutely raging? 

7 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Is that the only 2 options as fans then? You’re either a happy clapper or absolutely raging? 

Not quite to that extent, not sure why some people in this thread have issues grasping that but that's a different story 🫠

We've seen enough shitshows over the last ten years to recognise the same mistakes and same red flags, so I'm not just going to sit and say ach give it time, it'll click, we'll get better. We don't have time. Such has the gulf in our league become. That opening league result could decide the league, and that's not an exaggeration.

And struggling against a team in Europe that you'd expect us to comfortably beat, especially given the money just spent.

Is it so wrong, to want us to come flying into the new season guns blazing and actually look like a capable Rangers team? 

Doesn't make me raging, just a realist, we've seen this movie.

To just sit and say it's going to get better, ignoring all that, to me is happy clapping, or at the very least just ignorant/blind to reality.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The atmosphere was pish, but feel people are over reacting about how ‘toxic’ it was.

11 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

If you can't make a simple pass, if you can't hit an open net, if you start trying to play volleyball with the football - then why aren't people who've only really known success, not going to moan and groan and call it out?

Too many people on here think that the crowd being dissatisfied with our play is unacceptable. It’s not. We have a right to expect players to be able to complete passes and to be forward thinking.

We had an extra man for more than a third of the game, and we were still playing with 11 men in our half at times, still playing backwards and sideways passes, and taking far too long on the ball (did anyone see that nightmare Barisic had with the whole stadium screaming ‘’MAN ON!” at him?). 

It’s not toxic, it’s expecting better from players that are paid handsomely, ultimately by us, to perform at a certain level.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The atmosphere was pish, but feel people are over reacting about how ‘toxic’ it was.

It wasn’t toxic, if anything the crowd was borderline apathetic or just plain bored towards the end. 

The only real groaning I can remember was moments where our midfield were plodding about the centre circle looking left and right when there was 10 yards of space in front of them. On that I’d say moaning about watching the same thing that cost us 3 points at the weekend is pretty fair 

Did we not play a 4-3-3 in the 55 season but now we’re doing a diamond? I don’t think midfielders like playing in a diamond and we’re not getting the best out of Raskin and Cantwell playing either side of it. 

I’m not really sure how much say if any Beale has in it as I know they’re largely there for commercial reasons but I think the 50/50 nature of the friendlies we played in pre season were a problem 

We’ve got a team that’s seemingly struggling/needing time to gel and get an understanding in attack. So why didn’t we play 3/4 games against SPL style opposition that we’d be dominating for most of the game and give us a chance to develop these things. Would’ve also been a confidence boost if we’d managed to scud a few teams at that level 

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Did we not play a 4-3-3 in the 55 season but now we’re doing a diamond? I don’t think midfielders like playing in a diamond and we’re not getting the best out of Raskin and Cantwell playing either side of it. 

Think it’s more of a box midfield than a diamond tbh.