The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

1 minute ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Since you clearly do know the rules so well, which part of the Laws of the Game and Law 12 specifically was it that made it a foul by Dessers?

It was not careless, reckless or excessive force so none of the above can apply.

The closest you could argue is impeding the opponent but there was no contact from Dessers to the CB that impeded him.   That takes you to the last part of Law 12 - Impeding without contact

The ball was in the playing distance of both players. Dessers has the right to his position that he took, as he was not holding the CB off.  There was nothing wrong with his tackle.  It should not have been given by a foul.  

I mean does it even matter, nothing is changing the decision or result.

Just now, The Godfather said:

I mean does it even matter, nothing is changing the decision or result.

Of course not but when we have bears going with the James McFadden "its the new roolz int it" mantra, what fucking chance have we got of the actual rules being applied fairly?  

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Will be a big talking point, so expect to see some refs getting rolled out to give their take on it which will be interesting.

Its an almost carbon copy of the Morelos example which I initially thought was a clear goal, but a ref came out and explained why it was a foul after the fact.

Its a stupid rule, but as far as im aware, it is regarded as a foul.

There’s a boy at my work who’s a qualified referee and he said the same after the Morelos one against Dortmund.

It’s a stupid has fuck rule, but it does exist.

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

the performance is more to worry about.  its toothless and he aint getting the best out of these players individually and collectively. its a worrying situation.  

Beyond worrying now. We are a club going nowhere 

2 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Since you clearly do know the rules so well, which part of the Laws of the Game and Law 12 specifically was it that made it a foul by Dessers?

It was not careless, reckless or excessive force so none of the above can apply.

The closest you could argue is impeding the opponent but there was no contact from Dessers to the CB that impeded him.   That takes you to the last part of Law 12 - Impeding without contact

The ball was in the playing distance of both players. Dessers has the right to his position that he took, as he was not holding the CB off.  There was nothing wrong with his tackle.  It should not have been given by a foul.  

I was going to have a look, as well. But while, in my mind, it shouldn’t be a foul, and I agree with your interpretation of the rules, if referees are giving it as a foul then it is 🤷

However, it would be interesting to see if it’s being given elsewhere, because it’s probably a fairly common situation on matches.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It is a foul though, was explained after morelos onw vs dortmund 

The law is fucked then....I'm being honest I wouldn't be expecting that to be overturned if we had conceded.....just like last season when Morelos got his goal chopped off.....football is fucked and is basically non contact 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Beyond worrying now. We are a club going nowhere 

Its fucking dreadful.

Honestly is hard as fuck watching us these days. Its just been a constant fucking downer on life for the best part of a decade outwith 55 and and Seville.

Cant believe we binned a euro final manager for beale, and then proceeded to give Beale more money than the euro final manager to assemble is own team 

And to top it all off, after spending all that money, Beale still starts an OF game with

A Pedro signing

A warburton signing 

2 Gerrard signings

2 Gio signings

An absolutely appalling state we find ourselves in

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Cant believe we binned a euro final manager for beale, and then proceeded to give Beale more money than the euro final manager to assemble is own team 

And to top it all off, after spending all that money, Beale still starts an OF game with

A Pedro signing

A warburton signing 

2 Gerrard signings

2 Gio signings

An absolutely appalling state we find ourselves in

Stop. Gio was never winning us the league.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There’s a boy at my work who’s a qualified referee and he said the same after the Morelos one against Dortmund.

It’s a stupid has fuck rule, but it does exist.

The problem is theres numerous similar incidents that have occurred in the box and penalties have been given. There's not consistently in it.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The problem is theres numerous similar incidents that have occurred in the box and penalties have been given. There's not consistently in it.

There's no constant in football refereeing decisions. Even with VAR. Always the way when you still have the human element and when that human is shite at being a ref.