First Choice 11

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Based on the signings we have made and including Dessers and Cifuentes who look almost certain to join, what do you expect to see as our strongest 11 come the start of the season?

I would go with something like as follows:

GK : Butland

RB : Tav

CB : Goldson (Souttar till recovered)

CB : Davies (Likely be replaced before end of window)

LB : Ridvan (Although I do think Beale might rate Borna more)

CM : Raskin (Suspect Cifuentes might replace him though)

CM : Cantwell

RAM : Dowell

CAM : Lammers

LAM : Sima

CF : Dessers

Cantwell is wasted anywhere other than the CAM position. 

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

4-3-1-2 doesn't have a midfield 2 and the OP didn't use that formation, so probably that?

Ah nevermind, thought I was the only one who had posted a line up, don't remember seeing that in the OP unless it was edited in later

I agree that Cantwell won't/shouldn't be where he is in the OP 

Early doors obviously, but suspect we’ll regularly be… 

Butland

Tav Goldson New CB Ridvan

Raskin Cifuentes

Cantwell Sima

Dessers Lammers

I think you’ll see more of that domestically, and in Europe revert to our old 4321. 

48 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Pure guesswork but I think it's shaping up that at least the intention/most likely/hopeful lineup would be the below. With the CB being Souttar/Panzo/Trusty/whoever.

Butland

Tavernier Goldson CB Yilmaz

Raskin

Cifuentes Cantwell

Lammers

Danilo Dessers

Something like this but I think Sima might be squeezed in there somehow

30 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Its no that hard to follow mate.

I think Raskin will start the season as one of our first choice midfielders, but I think that he might lose his place to Cifuentes as the season goes on.

Wild take. Not your first one either tbf.

If he’s fit Raskin will be a nailed on starter. 

Far too early to say.  We'll have a better idea after Germany and as the pre season friendlies are ticked off.

If players don't come in pre Germany then I think some existing players are likelier to play the early competitive games rather than the new signings ie Lundstram, Jack, Souttar.

I don’t even think you can really predict a starting eleven these days anymore either.

We will have a core that is unlikely to radically change unless there are injuries and suspensions but it’s not very often you get a team that’s unchanged from the previous game more than a few times a season.

Ideally Butland, Tav, Goldson, Souttar (hopefully another CB), Yilmaz, Raskin, Cifuentes, Cantwell, Lammers, Sima and Dessers should Cifu and Dessers signn. That would be in a flexible 4-3-3.

However we're in such a strange league that the best team for one game isn't necesarily the best for the next. Ross County at home is different from Hearts away which is different from any game against celtic which is different from any European game.

The most important thing is we have a flexible squad that has players that can do different roles at different time. The perfect example and the peak of that was 20/21.

From the profile we're signing it looks like we can go from a 433 with 3 different kinds of midfields to a more defensive shape like against celtic, 4231, 4132 and a 442 diamond. Tbh I'm pretty excited going into next season with all the potential variations and styles we'll have under Beale.

57 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Raskin to lose his place :lol:

Cifuentes supposedly can’t play as a 6. He’s either box to box on the right side of a midfield three or a 10.

Absolutely. He's definetely closer to an Arfield replacement than a Kamara replacement!

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Ideally Butland, Tav, Goldson, Souttar (hopefully another CB), Yilmaz, Raskin, Cifuentes, Cantwell, Lammers, Sima and Dessers should Cifu and Dessers signn. That would be in a flexible 4-3-3.

However we're in such a strange league that the best team for one game isn't necesarily the best for the next. Ross County at home is different from Hearts away which is different from any game against celtic which is different from any European game.

The most important thing is we have a flexible squad that has players that can do different roles at different time. The perfect example and the peak of that was 20/21.

From the profile we're signing it looks like we can go from a 433 with 3 different kinds of midfields to a more defensive shape like against celtic, 4231, 4132 and a 442 diamond. Tbh I'm pretty excited going into next season with all the potential variations and styles we'll have under Beale.

The flexibility has probably helped us in Europe. Not sure it’s a pre-requisite to success domestically. celtic last few years have basically played the exact same way/formation. Set up in a style that overwhelms the dross, show them no respect and do one play style very well. (Equally fucks them in Europe). Beale did a lot of tinkering but more so towards the end. Be interesting to see anyways 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

The flexibility has probably helped us in Europe. Not sure it’s a pre-requisite to success domestically. celtic last few years have basically played the exact same way/formation. Set up in a style that overwhelms the dross, show them no respect and do one play style very well. (Equally fucks them in Europe). Beale did a lot of tinkering but more so towards the end. Be interesting to see anyways 

Nothing is a pre requisite in this league. I'd say postecoglu goes against trend of Gerrard, Lennon, Rodgers or Smith who were all flexible in their approach and squads. 

6 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Based on the signings we have made and including Dessers and Cifuentes who look almost certain to join, what do you expect to see as our strongest 11 come the start of the season?

I would go with something like as follows:

GK : Butland

RB : Tav

CB : Goldson (Souttar till recovered)

CB : Davies (Likely be replaced before end of window)

LB : Ridvan (Although I do think Beale might rate Borna more)

CM : Raskin (Suspect Cifuentes might replace him though)

CM : Cantwell

RAM : Dowell

CAM : Lammers

LAM : Sima

CF : Dessers

Surely Raskin aint getting dropped