First Choice 11

Based on the signings we have made and including Dessers and Cifuentes who look almost certain to join, what do you expect to see as our strongest 11 come the start of the season?

I would go with something like as follows:

GK : Butland

RB : Tav

CB : Goldson (Souttar till recovered)

CB : Davies (Likely be replaced before end of window)

LB : Ridvan (Although I do think Beale might rate Borna more)

CM : Raskin (Suspect Cifuentes might replace him though)

CM : Cantwell

RAM : Dowell

CAM : Lammers

LAM : Sima

CF : Dessers

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

For the first time in RM history, this man is right. Give it time and see if any of the signings are actually any good.

Its pre-season and just a bit of discussion to take up some time. I dont think there is a moral faux pas to discuss how we think we might set up.

No forcing anyone to reply if they dont want to.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Its pre-season and just a bit of discussion to take up some time. I dont think there is a moral faux pas to discuss how we think we might set up.

No forcing anyone to reply if they dont want to.

That wasn't a personal jab at you, people can post whatever opinion they want and debate to their heart's content, I just gave you mine - based on the fact that a lot of the guys we've signed are out of form/haven't reached their potential etc. They could either turn out like Cantwell or like Matondo. 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

That wasn't a personal jab at you, people can post whatever opinion they want and debate to their heart's content, I just gave you mine - based on the fact that a lot of the guys we've signed are out of form/haven't reached their potential etc. They could either turn out like Cantwell or like Matondo. 

Ah okay, no worries! Sounded like you were saying it should not be discussed!

I think like all seasons, we are dying to see the new guys play, hoping that each of them will be a star. Would be sensational if they all hit the ground running, but expect they will need some bedding in time till we see them at their best.

When is the first friendly by the way? (stopped being lazy and looked it up. 18th July vs Newcastle)

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aye a don’t think any of us have any idea how this will go or what the best 11 will be 

The  amount of posts saying we should have 9 pts out of 9 going into the OF game suggests a lot are confident it’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

The  amount of posts saying we should have 9 pts out of 9 going into the OF game suggests a lot are confident it’ll be fine. 

Tbf I expect under Beale the silly points being dropped will stop.

it’s an exciting rebuild the now and it’s looking good but we won’t know until the players actually pay 

Pure guesswork but I think it's shaping up that at least the intention/most likely/hopeful lineup would be the below. With the CB being Souttar/Panzo/Trusty/whoever.

Butland

Tavernier Goldson CB Yilmaz

Raskin

Cifuentes Cantwell

Lammers

Danilo Dessers

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ah okay, no worries! Sounded like you were saying it should not be discussed!

I think like all seasons, we are dying to see the new guys play, hoping that each of them will be a star. Would be sensational if they all hit the ground running, but expect they will need some bedding in time till we see them at their best.

When is the first friendly by the way? (stopped being lazy and looked it up. 18th July vs Newcastle)

It would get the feel-good factor back early at the club if they can hit the ground running and we batter whatever team we get in the 3rd round qualifier. It's a lot to ask, but if Beale can get us going early in the season we can put pressure on them. 

Its no that hard to follow mate.

I think Raskin will start the season as one of our first choice midfielders, but I think that he might lose his place to Cifuentes as the season goes on.

Wild that.

Raskin is quality, he will be a mainstay

21 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Pure guesswork but I think it's shaping up that at least the intention/most likely/hopeful lineup would be the below. With the CB being Souttar/Panzo/Trusty/whoever.

Butland

Raskin

Cifuentes Cantwell

Lammers

Danilo Dessers

Won’t be far off IMO.

23 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Butland

Raskin

Cifuentes Cantwell

Lammers

Danilo Dessers

Think we will likely set up with more width than that. Especially with us getting Sima in.

Hopefully we are a bit more flexible with formations this year though, so you might be right.

Think we will likely set up with more width than that. Especially with us getting Sima in.

Hopefully we are a bit more flexible with formations this year though, so you might be right.

Think that's a formation we've seen a lot with Beale. Also reckon that if we want to play with wingers then we'll need to sign another one, and a good one at that, which I don't see us doing if we get everyone else we're after.

Reckon Sima is in for some flexibility, and he can play up front too anyway. Personally think if we get Dessers and Danilo that we must be playing 2 up front. 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Think that's a formation we've seen a lot with Beale. Also reckon that if we want to play with wingers then we'll need to sign another one, and a good one at that, which I don't see us doing if we get everyone else we're after.

Reckon Sima is in for some flexibility, and he can play up front too anyway. Personally think if we get Dessers and Danilo that we must be playing 2 up front. 

Yea possibly.

Think it is likely to be less wingers and more like inside forwards, like we had with Gerrard though.

Kent replaced with Sima, Hagi replaced with Dowell.

As you say though, we were seeing more with a formation last season with 2 up front.

Think there might be a bit more flexibility this year though, switching the team round depending on who we are playing etc.