16 hours ago, King Rager said:

You didn't have to say no one presses. I've been at the games and seen with my own eyes there's clearly been no pressing, hence why myself any many others mentioned it. 

For whatever reason you've imagined in your head you'll know better though. 

Was there pressing for Sakala’s goal vs Hamburg and Lammers vs Newcastle?

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Let’s judge that after pre season during competitive games when the squad is fully fit.

That's not what happens though we have all been judging Beale since he got the job and has had a number of competitive games and lost two cups. Fair enough if this was his first games at us I could maybe understand your point.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

That's not what happens though we have all been judging Beale since he got the job and has had a number of competitive games and lost two cups. Fair enough if this was his first games at us I could maybe understand your point.

But you can’t compare his squad from last season that he inherited to the one currently being built

What relevance does last season have going forward?

54 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

But you can’t compare his squad from last season that he inherited to the one currently being built

What relevance does last season have going forward?

No you cant but you can compare his tactics from last season and this they are strangling the life out of our team and far too easy for other coaches to counteract.

You may not agree and think we look fluid but I certainly do not.

On 26/07/2023 at 23:34, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Does anyone after 3 pre season games actually understand what our game plan is?

We now appear to play with no wingers and both our full backs dont overlap like they used to.

Having sat through tonight’s game it looks a mess - Pretty much summed up with our lack of attacking threat/shots on target etc

We still lack numbers in the box when we attack and there’s still a gap between midfield and the strikers in the ‘hole’ and a lack of linking play 

I get its pre season and that wasn’t our strongest starting 11 but the competitive action isn’t that far away and even the back up players should be following the tactics set out from management

There seemed to be a lot of long passes from the centre backs which I didn't expect.  Whether that was down to the opposition pressing and the lack of available options I'm not sure but I'd be hoping for us to play the ball out from the back and biuld up play with better players in our squad.  Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

18 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I find the defense of beale in comparison to gio very strange. I'm going to back beale but to say he had no chance of winning a cup with the europa league finalists is a farce. 

Yes, I never really got the noise around Gio as for me he will be remembered fondly but I did love him as a player.

Beale has it all to prove the board have backed his vision now we all hope he gets it right.

On 28/07/2023 at 18:01, MacBoyd said:

I find the defense of beale in comparison to gio very strange. I'm going to back beale but to say he had no chance of winning a cup with the europa league finalists is a farce. 

I didn’t really want Beale to be honest. Thought we needed fresh ideas, and more experience. Also think he talks far too much waffle.

He’s here though, and I’m glad that he has ripped the old squad up and is continuing to recruit what looks like pretty good footballers.

Always said we can’t overly judge until he gets his own players in. Needs to start positively on at the weekend. 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I didn’t really want Beale to be honest. Thought we needed fresh ideas, and more experience. Also think he talks far too much waffle.

He’s here though, and I’m glad that he has ripped the old squad up and is continuing to recruit what looks like pretty good footballers.

Always said we can’t overly judge until he gets his own players in. Needs to start positively on at the weekend.

That he's evolving his tactics is something, and doesn't preclude him changing them again.  Just hope he's not to stubborn (he seems rigid in his substitutions when Plan A doesn't work).

FWIW Gio wasn't backed, but that's history now.

I think there's something of the evangelist in Beale, and that might be why we get more fringe players (in their existing team) open to belief, and the board have completely backed him.

That can play out many ways, who knows.

On 28/07/2023 at 18:01, MacBoyd said:

Made that point at the time.

McLeish came into an underperforming team who lost the league at around the same stage as Beale, beat the Tarriers twice and won the cups in doing so.

Smith came in to a shambles of a squad and went to their ground and beat them there and at Ibrox.

GVB came into an underperforming squad who were just about getting by, and won a cup beating the tarriers in doing so.

Yet, we weren’t to expect Beale to win a trophy :lol: 

43 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

That he's evolving his tactics is something, and doesn't preclude him changing them again.  Just hope he's not to stubborn (he seems rigid in his substitutions when Plan A doesn't work).

FWIW Gio wasn't backed, but that's history now.

I think there's something of the evangelist in Beale, and that might be why we get more fringe players (in their existing team) open to belief, and the board have completely backed him.

That can play out many ways, who knows.

Gio spent about £12m + big wages on a team that had just reached a European final. The signings mostly turned out to be shite, but unfair to say he wasn’t backed. 

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Gio spent about £12m + big wages on a team that had just reached a European final. The signings mostly turned out to be shite, but unfair to say he wasn’t backed. 

It's yesterday's papers, so no drama, but he had a window before then where we ended up with James Sands or some shite (I forget) and ended up playing without a fit striker in the Europa League final.  And then after we'd qualified for the Champions League.  And we sold Bassey.

Or put a different way Beale has been backed without some big change in financial circumstances he precipitated.

I'm not moaning about that, it is what it is.  If anything Beale has managed to get more than Gio could, but from a fan perspective that shouldn't matter.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Im still wondering how we've spent all this money over two summers, and at some point in the near future we could start a game with a back 4 of tav, goldson, balogun and barisic, 

Fuck me they were honking 2 years ago together lol

Was already said by me weeks ago 😂

29 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I'll admit Balogun has looked better than I thought he would, but it's still the defence that was getting fucked three nil off hibs before halftime in a league cup semi at Hampden.

Even worse, its the same backline that cunted it against a ten man malmo team at home lol

21 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Made that point at the time.

McLeish came into an underperforming team who lost the league at around the same stage as Beale, beat the Tarriers twice and won the cups in doing so.

Smith came in to a shambles of a squad and went to their ground and beat them there and at Ibrox.

GVB came into an underperforming squad who were just about getting by, and won a cup beating the tarriers in doing so.

Yet, we weren’t to expect Beale to win a trophy :lol: 

Gio took a team who were 4 points clear to being out of the title race by the split