Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Two forwards playing up top - got to assume it will be Dressers and Danilo

Lammers sitting behind the strikers

Three across midfield with Raskin in the centre, probably Dowell (L) and Cantwell (R) either side.

Standard back four 

He seemed to be shouting at the players to squeeze the centre of the park - so a kind of diamond shape in the middle? 

It definitely lacks width, unless the fullbacks push forward - and when they did tonight, thought Olympiacos exploited the space behind. Probably be fine against SPFL fodder but not sure it would hold up against better opposition

That's my guess anyway, based on the last two games

Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea what the idea/system/tactics is. I genuinely don't have a clue. No pressing to our game, sat off them and they got past us with ease. No build up from the back, no real game plan in posession and 9/10 times we actually did try and 'play from the back' we ended up just lumping it up to absolutely no one. 

2 up front is a good system against SPFL teams but against Europa league level outfits they'll pick us apart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We aren’t pressing anyone in a pre-season friendly are you mad 😂😂😂

You’d be one of the first on here to moan about Beale if a player sprinted to close down the GK in the 4th minute of a preseason game and pulled a muscle. 

You can pull a muscle anytime, I think that's wrong if he's telling them to go in half arsed just because it's a pre season game, they've had plenty time to be going into games giving it 100%, Olympiacos certainly didn't play the game like that, same with the goalkeeper, where was the number one? wasn't injured as far as I know, baffled me why he didn't take part considering we're trying to gel a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We aren’t pressing anyone in a pre-season friendly are you mad 😂😂😂

You’d be one of the first on here to moan about Beale if a player sprinted to close down the GK in the 4th minute of a preseason game and pulled a muscle. 

We can't have phases of pressing because it's preseason? Huh? Did you not notice them pressing us in phases and winning it back with ease? Lol I mean, what the fuck were you watching if you didn't notice that? 

Hahaha whit? Dreaming up scenarios to make some random point? Clever.

 

Good thing you're an admin or you'd take far more of a slagging on here for the utter shite you hit out with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

We aren’t pressing anyone in a pre-season friendly are you mad 😂😂😂

You’d be one of the first on here to moan about Beale if a player sprinted to close down the GK in the 4th minute of a preseason game and pulled a muscle. 

Why then were Newcastle pressing us in a testimonial the day before flying out for a preseason tour? it’s about having an ingrained system throughout the team. Newcastle were a great example of having a defined way of playing. They brought kids on but it didn’t change their system or tactics. I honestly couldn’t tell you what our tactics or system are at the moment. Beale said last year he hadn’t had a chance to implement his style or system because it was straight into games. None the wiser what his style is, other than boring, or his tactics are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's a new team it will take time sadly for beale Postecoglou done a similar rebuild and won them the league in season 1. Although for me it was us that gave them the league. 

Time and patience required we will come good. 

 

If you think Rodgers will give us the same gift we gave them then you’re dreaming. We  won’t have the same time afforded to us as we gave them. 9 points clear after the first round of games, I actually think he was shocked at winning the league that season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

If you think Rodgers will give us the same gift we gave them then you’re dreaming. We  won’t have the same time afforded to us as we gave them. 9 points clear after the first round of games, I actually think he was shocked at winning the league that season.

I hope we can push them for the league but do I expect to win it nope. Just like most of them didn't in his first season. Sadly tho it's going to be held against beale. I suppose it's all part of dealing with the pressure. Once everyone has gelled I think we will have a very good team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I hope we can push them for the league but do I expect to win it nope. Just like most of them didn't in his first season. Sadly tho it's going to be held against beale. I suppose it's all part of dealing with the pressure. Once everyone has gelled I think we will have a very good team. 

I’m hopeful as well that we will have a good team once it’s all settled down but also fearful at the thought of us not winning. We’ve pushed the boat out by our terms and handed out a lot of long term contracts. It feels like a make or break season, we don’t have another rebuild inus unless we are bringing in CL money. Can’t underestimate the enemy and he’s inherited a much better squad than he did before. First game of the season is massive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

We aren’t pressing anyone in a pre-season friendly are you mad 😂😂😂

You’d be one of the first on here to moan about Beale if a player sprinted to close down the GK in the 4th minute of a preseason game and pulled a muscle. 

That’s a wild take. Of course you press in pre-season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, superallysbears said:

You can pull a muscle anytime, I think that's wrong if he's telling them to go in half arsed just because it's a pre season game, they've had plenty time to be going into games giving it 100%, Olympiacos certainly didn't play the game like that, same with the goalkeeper, where was the number one? wasn't injured as far as I know, baffled me why he didn't take part considering we're trying to gel a team.

 

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

We can't have phases of pressing because it's preseason? Huh? Did you not notice them pressing us in phases and winning it back with ease? Lol I mean, what the fuck were you watching if you didn't notice that? 

Hahaha whit? Dreaming up scenarios to make some random point? Clever.

 

Good thing you're an admin or you'd take far more of a slagging on here for the utter shite you hit out with. 

 

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The press is one of the most vital parts of football. If we're going into games no working on our press then we're as well no turning up. We sat off too deep and allowed them to stroll out from the back by which point they got their full backs well advanced and caused us issued all night. Gerrard and Beale had a fantastic press in the league winning season which has since gone to fuck.

 

6 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Why then were Newcastle pressing us in a testimonial the day before flying out for a preseason tour? it’s about having an ingrained system throughout the team. Newcastle were a great example of having a defined way of playing. They brought kids on but it didn’t change their system or tactics. I honestly couldn’t tell you what our tactics or system are at the moment. Beale said last year he hadn’t had a chance to implement his style or system because it was straight into games. None the wiser what his style is, other than boring, or his tactics are.

 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s a wild take. Of course you press in pre-season. 

Beale has been very clear that the games have been about getting minutes in the legs and broad brush ideas across to the players which you can clearly see - short, first time passing to create spaces for players in an entirely new formation. The issue for me has been the full backs and confusion on where players are meant to be playing. Cantwell in particular doesn’t look like he enjoys the deeper role as much as being further forward.

We’ve been doing double sessions leading in to them so the players are going into the games leggy as fuck. 

The press will be there at Killie. Not in pre-season games against an opponent a week ahead of us in match preparation

Link to post
Share on other sites

We still seem to have a pedestrian level of build up - even against teams like Olympiacos, when we do push forward, it is slow and forces even good teams to a low block which we then struggle to break down.

So often we tried the ball over the top to Sima but noone was there to support him, so recycled mid and slow push forward.

We do seem to make it difficult for ourselves by letting teams be comfortable out of possession

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are far too slow in our build up and so compact in the pitch even our own players cannot find space. Wingers will kill us again with the quick switch as Postecoglou did time and time against him last season.

 

Nothing changed bar we look to have better players playing in a system that kills their game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Beale has been very clear that the games have been about getting minutes in the legs and broad brush ideas across to the players which you can clearly see - short, first time passing to create spaces for players in an entirely new formation. The issue for me has been the full backs and confusion on where players are meant to be playing. Cantwell in particular doesn’t look like he enjoys the deeper role as much as being further forward.

We’ve been doing double sessions leading in to them so the players are going into the games leggy as fuck. 

The press will be there at Killie. Not in pre-season games against an opponent a week ahead of us in match preparation

Pressing to me isn’t something that’s just easy to switch on. It’s something that needs worked on during training and in games, so why wouldn’t you use pre season opportunities to work on it ? Gives you a chance to see where it’s not working and who’s not doing it right. The idea of not doing it then switching it on against killie when the competitive games start is ridiculous. Why would you wait until a game where there is points on the line before trying it out where any mistake could be crucial. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tav and whoever is LB is going to struggle in adapting to this system. We've been so reliant on the wingers holding while the wingbacks overlap, if that's missing then that's a massive change to how we've played in the last 5 years both offensively and defensively. If our wingbacks are our only wide players we're going to need to manage the transitions much more effectively.

Barasic in this system is going to get exposed dreadfully. Tav slowing as he ages might as well. Worrying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to read I’m not the only one struggling to see the plan

Beale/Gerrard team was always known for a high team press and the overlapping fullbacks

Now I’ve been excited with the new additions and it looks like Danilo and Cifuentes are also getting added - I understand it will take time

However going back to last night

It looks mad to me not to have the new no.1 playing any part in the game - McCrorie is likely to leave and McLaughlin should be sold

Barisic is done and last night highlighted it again - Can’t go forward, caught with ball over the top

Davies is a massive concern for me - He is not the answer, weak in the air and looks a liability. He is defo behind Goldson and Souttar for me and possibly Balogun at this stage

Tav - Isnt getting involved as much and certainly isn’t getting up the pitch

Dessers - Tough to judge as he’s had no service, looks like he will run all day 

Lammers - Looks decent, nice touches and moves, should link the play

Sima - Looks like he’s getting played out of position, can’t lead the line and looks like he should be wider so he can utilise the space. will reserve judgement

Dowell - Has battled away so far but offered nothing creatively going forward

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The full back positions are our main problem.

Not as potent going foward.

Just as inept when defending.

I’d get them to fuck and go three at the back IF we don’t upgrade both full back positions.

Play Dowell on the left of a midfield 5 and bring in Sterling on the right.

Goldson & Souttar alongside Yfeko/Balogun/Davies (in that order of preference) at the back. 

I

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 24 February 2024 15:00 Until 17:00
      0  
      Rangers v Hearts
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...