*****Official Rangers vs Servette match thread*****

.Williamson.

6 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

A wins a win but that mob were happy to keep it at 2-1, even with 11 men on the park, they fancy their chances obviously, I don’t much about them and still don’t after watching them but hope they don’t have half a team out as is being said or it’s a concern. Their goalie had a couple of brilliant saves though, he looks the part. 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

They’re pish bar the goalie by the way

they had 8 players out and hes not even their first choice goalie

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

He's fucking good that guy. Was scratching my head about why he didn't start against Killie though, suppose MB must have been afraid he'd get injured there.

Looked like he picked up a sore one when he clashed late 2nd half.

Frustrating to watch. So many poor choices despite being on top the whole game. Those last substitutions did my head in. It is so clear that this lot have been thrown together from a white board at Auchenhowie and they will no doubt need time to gel but for fuck's sake, when we are on top and pushing for a goal why take all the tempo away by making more subs. We just ran the clock down for the opposition!

I don't think we played particularly well, it looked quite disjointed, but a couple of bits of individual brilliance got us a much-needed lead to take over there.

The tie should really be dead & buried though. Their keeper made one stunning save and another good one from the corner routine we did. Obviously Lammers somehow missed that chance he had but I'm not sure if he was offside or not, just back in the door from the game.

Just now, psb07158 said:

I don't think we played particularly well, it looked quite disjointed, but a couple of bits of individual brilliance got us a much-needed lead to take over there.

The tie should really be dead & buried though. Their keeper made one stunning save and another good one from the corner routine we did. Obviously Lammers somehow missed that chance he had but I'm not sure if he was offside or not, just back in the door from the game.

Couldn’t tell if Lammers was offside, looked like the goalie signalled to the linesman and the linesman said he was alright to take it from around the penalty spot, then the ref told him to take it back for a goal kick 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

100% onside mate. Would have been given if he'd just tapped it in.

10 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I get you're frustrated by these 1st two games, but we won this one and we will win the next game as well 😊

I usually prefer to give it a bit more time before I go completely loco in here :lol:

Breathe mate, it will come good 👍🏻 

Honestly I wish I wasn't moaning like fuck and being a wee bitch. I'm usually one of the last to jump the fence and I genuinely fucking hope someone brings up this post and makes me eat shit come May when we've won the league but I just don't see anything just now suggesting Beale knows what he's doing. It's not based on 2 games. It's based on his whole tenure. The worrying thing sticking with me is the utter shitstorm were in if it doesn't work.

Just now, VanVeenRangers said:

Tav has slowed up alot. He will never manage 60 games this season. He has the same thing as Borna now where he wont try and beat a man.

Did he ever? I miss the days where Tav would get the ball out wide, slip it inside to an airfield or someone then play a wee one two in the box and cut it back. Got so much joy from that. Now both Tav and Borna are so isolated out wide that the only option is to try to work a cross or start again.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Honestly I wish I wasn't moaning like fuck and being a wee bitch. I'm usually one of the last to jump the fence and I genuinely fucking hope someone brings up this post and makes me eat shit come May when we've won the league but I just don't see anything just now suggesting Beale knows what he's doing. It's not based on 2 games. It's based on his whole tenure. The worrying thing sticking with me is the utter shitstorm were in if it doesn't work.

That’s the issue. If Beale has fucked this it’s more contracts to pay off, back to a rebuild again 

10 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Couldn’t tell if Lammers was offside, looked like the goalie signalled to the linesman and the linesman said he was alright to take it from around the penalty spot, then the ref told him to take it back for a goal kick 

9 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

100% onside mate. Would have been given if he'd just tapped it in.

Just saw it back (posted by a filth fan on Twitter, of course) - definitely onside and absolutely incredible miss. Got his feet all wrong

Some good play to create the 2nd goal and created a couple that their keeper matched. 

After the first 15-20 though when the game settled down it was generally a slog. 

We seemed to settle for a 2-1 with 20 minutes of normal time to play, by the time injury time came we had 5 midfielders on the pitch against a team with 10 men and 8 out injured! 

Gerrard or Gio's team's would've had that tie done and dusted. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Couldn’t believe he missed, looked easier to score 

Absolutely, watching it back it looks even worse than it did at the time in the stadium

4 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I like Balogun more than most on here but calling him more reliable than Goldson is a bit wild.

Fair enough. I’m just not Goldson’s best fan. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, but I think he always has a mistake in him. Had a decent game tonight saying that. 

3 minutes ago, MillwallLoyal said:

Fair enough. I’m just not Goldson’s best fan. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, but I think he always has a mistake in him. Had a decent game tonight saying that. 

What else would Goldson have to do to prove to you that he's a good defender? He's been here a while, you're talking like he arrived last week.

Okay, the overall performance wasn’t great but I’m going to try and be balanced. 

We should have been 3-0 up and then the tie is likely dead and it’s a different game. 

There was a huge amount of sloppy passes, particularly in the final third or balls that would get us in behind. We’re not going to misplace these every game and we’ll be better at connecting with dangerous balls. The team just felt really tight tonight and probably a bit nervous after Saturday. 

Cantwell was very good and still looks our best player. He presses hard, looks for the ball and is always trying to push the tempo. Beale needs to learn from tonight and play him as our first choice CM. No more Killie experiments. 

Dessers opened his account and on another night Lammers has two. We also didn’t concede any chances from open play. 

It wasn’t a great result or performance but the sky isn’t falling. Give the team time. As long as we’re picking up results I trust us to be playing better as the weeks go by. 

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

What else would Goldson have to do to prove to you that he's a good defender? He's been here a while, you're talking like he arrived last week.

Anyone still panning Goldson isn't worth the brain time. 

The same people probably look for him to be at fault for the penalty