*****Official Rangers vs Servette match thread*****

.Williamson.

Wednesday 9th August. Champions League third qualifying round, first leg. Games on BBC Scotland. Kick off 19:45

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic 

Raskin Cifuentes Dowell

Cantwell Lammers

Danilo 

If Yilmaz is fit then swap him and Barisic 

Would prefer 

Butland 
Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

Raskin

Cantwell Cifuentes

Lammers

Danilo Dessers

We have no natural width to play 4-3-3 anymore. 4-1-2-1-2 worked quite well at the tail end of last season and it means we have a lot of attacking players on the park. 

Fully expect a 4-3-3 with Jack Lundstram and Dowell in the middle. Grim. 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Said it as well

The mentality on here that all signings were amazing, best transfer window ever and even the suggestion of a balanced viewpoint being given on a player being negative whinging didn't last very long...

Whereas some people seem to have started at a 10 and now want the manager sacked after 1 game, I started in the middle and remain in the middle. It's too early to say. I do have big concerns about a couple of the signings as I said at the very start and got slaughtered for it and I also still have major concerns about not having a single winger at the club other than Sima and Matondo and having no ability to change this 2 up front formation. 

I'm more anti beale than the middle but agree on best window ever shite...wait and see.

1 minute ago, DietofWorms said:

With the players we have 3-5-2 makes most sense.

Butland.

Goldson. Souttar. Balogun. 

Tav. Raskin. Cifuentes. Dowell Cantwell

Lammers. Danilo.

Never happen though.....

Cantwell wing back old man bal? Found Michael Beales login.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Some on here think every signing we make is going to be a superstar without looking into their past history. In this league you have to wait and watch how they perform before you make an assumption.

Dessers has been pish for a while and should never have been signed.

As for the manager , the guy was absolutely clueless almost all last season , why would he change now hes brought in his own players ? If he loses the taig game he should be dealt with straight after it , not left to destroy the whole season once again and is then sacked.

Absolutely correct. I'd have him gone now but lose to taigs there should be no question.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Yet you’ve written a number of them off after one league game :lol:

Watched them in the friendlies and wasnt impressed , league game confirmed me the two up front are pish.

I said I thought there was a player in Lammers after a few tidy touches in the friendlies but he was found out when it mattered as well.

Dessers should never have been signed , i didnt need to wait and watch him to know how pish he is.

23 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Some on here think every signing we make is going to be a superstar without looking into their past history. In this league you have to wait and watch how they perform before you make an assumption.

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Dessers should never have been signed , i didnt need to wait and watch him to know how pish he is.