The RM Beale poll

graeme_4

The RM Beale poll  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Beale will be a success?

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Result and good performance tomorrow will go a long way towards that.

Were people expecting us to be shit hot from the get go? We’ve signed 9 players, released 5, sold 2 with others to follow. It will take time for things to come together, I just think we still should have had more than enough about us to beat a shite Kilmarnock side managed by long ball McInnes.

What I’d really like to see is urgency in our play, I don’t have issue with the passing style provided we do it quicker and crisper (should come with match sharpness really). We were outfought by Kilmarnock and that’s a worry, he needs to get the players really up for this tomorrow night.

Hes gone all in on his narrower formation so like it or not this is how it will be this season, so he needs to make it work and quickly.

I was not expecting a great performance on Sat, but also thought we would win..

All the things you mention I agree with, especially urgence and quicker play. It was also clear they wanted to win more than we did, which for any Rangers team is not acceptable IMO.

Really hoping for a much better performance tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Don’t think anybody expected us to be shit hot on Saturday think most expected has to have enough quality on the park to see off shite like Kilmarnock though. 

Was expecting a turgid 1 or 2 nil victory, was alarming watching it all unfold and that's after he's had a full pre season. 

18 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I was not expecting a great performance on Sat, but also thought we would win..

All the things you mention I agree with, especially urgence and quicker play. It was also clear they wanted to win more than we did, which for any Rangers team is not acceptable IMO.

Really hoping for a much better performance tomorrow night.

European nights in the last few years (apart from the Champions league group stage) usually brings the best out in us but our squad is quite different to last season so we’ll see whether the players can rise to the occasion.

The other big worry is if Beale goes safe with his selection again. He needs to get much more energy in the starting lineup.

I can’t see Beale changing the back line given injuries but we can’t start lundstram, it’s too negative.

If I were forced to stick with the same formation (at least the backline) I’d go with the following:

IMG_2724.thumb.jpeg.fefaa3dfc5ab991573aba4399fccc2bc.jpeg

Lammers needs to move left and right to support the wide players, raskin stays deep but NOT part of the backline.

One of the big issues against Kilmarnock was there was far too big a gap between midfield and the front line. In the above I’d look for cantwell to join the front 3 and dowell sitting off with raskin slightly further back. Staggering players positions like that will give angles to make passes out of tight spaces.

Quite frankly if Danilo doesn’t start tomorrow night I’ll have lost any confidence in Beale, we need someone that can score goals in the starting line-up with other players that can make things happen around him (Dessers for physicality, lammers and cantwell for creativity)

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

European nights in the last few years (apart from the Cham-ions league group stage) usually brings the best out in us but our squad is quite different to last season so we’ll see whether the players can rise to the occasion.

The other big worry is if Beale goes safe with his selection again. He needs to get much more energy in the starting lineup.

I can’t see Beale changing the back line given injuries but we can’t start lundstram, it’s too negative.

If I were forced to stick with the same formation (at least the backline) I’d go with the following:

IMG_2724.thumb.jpeg.fefaa3dfc5ab991573aba4399fccc2bc.jpeg

Lammers needs to move left and right to support the wide players, raskin stays deep but NOT part of the backline.

One of the big issues against Kilmarnock was there was far too big a gap between midfield and the front line. In the above I’d look for cantwell to join the front 3 and dowell sitting off with raskin slightly further back. Staggering players positions like that will give angles to make passes out of tight spaces.

Quite frankly if Danilo doesn’t start tomorrow night I’ll have lost any confidence in Beale, we need someone that can score goals in the starting line-up with other players that can make things happen around him (Dessers for physicality, lammers and cantwell for creativity)

I would be happy starting with Dowell, but would hope to see Cifuentes coming on for him at some point.

Just now, Bears r us said:

I would be happy starting with Dowell, but would hope to see Cifuentes coming on for him at some point.

Cifuentes is fit so it’s down to whether Beale thinks he’s ready to play, from what I’ve seen on him he has drive and will get forward and we could do with that.

I get the feeling Beale might be letting the whole Brazil experience go to his head and making things overly complicated rather than identifying players strengths and letting them showcase their abilities.

On 07/08/2023 at 09:36, theiconicman said:

The guy seems a great coach by all accounts, players and other managers have commened on that. I would have said 'yes, he'll come good' but insead of building on last season we seem to have regressed to a bunch of strangers with no idea or plan on the park.

A good coach doesn't necessarily become a good manager 

• 2 weeks later...

Yup at the moment we look like a far worse team than even last season.

The big rebuild has gotten off to a terrible start, and those who weren't just blindly saying every signing looked incredible and best transfer window ever could see that several of the signings looked suspect from the get go. 

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

I don’t get what the style of play is supposed to be. Are we a pressing team, a team that dominates the ball? I really can’t see what he’s trying.

And that’s worrying considering he’s had an entire Summer to implement his style. 

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I don’t get what the style of play is supposed to be. Are we a pressing team, a team that dominates the ball? I really can’t see what he’s trying.

Certainly not a pressing team. Look very similar to what gio wanted imo.