Subs and why?

KeyserSoze

Just now, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If Hagi is going to stay at Rangers, a game like last night is exactly when they need to use him. Should have been brought on right after the red card. He is capable of seeing, and making, the correct pass against the nine man block, and he’s the only guy at Rangers other than Lundstram who can consistently hit a ball from outside of the box on target.

Totally agree, apart from your Lundstram comparison, he looked sharp and willing to make things happen, should have been brought on earlier 

35 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Totally agree, apart from your Lundstram comparison, he looked sharp and willing to make things happen, should have been brought on earlier 

He's losing minutes to Dowell. Fairly or unfairly will split the fans, I think.

2 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If Hagi is going to stay at Rangers, a game like last night is exactly when they need to use him. Should have been brought on right after the red card. He is capable of seeing, and making, the correct pass against the nine man block, and he’s the only guy at Rangers other than Lundstram who can consistently hit a ball from outside of the box on target.

I think Hagi looked sharp as well should be getting used more.

13 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I can’t recall us ever being happy with subs as a support since 2012 - Gio got stick for it, as did Gerrard.  Warburton did too for his subs 60 min every game.  

We haven’t been unlucky with managers who constantly make subs around the 60th minute, IMO, it’s just how coaches are “taught” these days. 

Obviously you still get managers who have their own ideas, but you have a string of coaches all taking the same badges, going on the same courses and being taught the same principals and it ultimately leads to a lack of coaches willing to outside of the box and have their own ideas.

It’s the same as everything else in football, it’s advanced in the sense that it’s become more surgical, but it’s also become more generic as a result too.

17 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Some players should be told at the beginning they’re getting 60 minutes, leaving nothing in the tank for after that. 

Agree Dessers should have gone off around that time. Although Danilio hadn’t contributed much second half either.

Nah absolutely no way can you say to someone "give it all you have cause after an hour you're coming off" some of the players might be able to keep a bit in the tank to take advantage of a tiring opposition in the last half hour etc, you never know how a game is going to go

I think he shat it and made the subs to waste time.

Should have made subs 10 mins after they had a  man sent off. Needed a change then. That would have freshened us up and applied more pressure to them.

A better manager would have won that match by at least 2 goals. 

He will only get off with his chronic "new players" patter for so long. 

43 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Should have made subs 10 mins after they had a  man sent off. Needed a change then. That would have freshened us up and applied more pressure to them.

A better manager would have won that match by at least 2 goals. 

He will only get off with his chronic "new players" patter for so long. 

We could easily have won by 3 or 4 if we took our chances, that’s our players finishing and the opposition goalkeeper for a couple quality saves fault not the guy standing at side of the park. If we improve our performance and result again on Saturday then we’re going in the right direction.

I’ll wait and see what happens Saturday before I lose my shit again 🤣

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah absolutely no way can you say to someone "give it all you have cause after an hour you're coming off" some of the players might be able to keep a bit in the tank to take advantage of a tiring opposition in the last half hour etc, you never know how a game is going to go

Your starting lineup should reflect that

53 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

We could easily have won by 3 or 4 if we took our chances, that’s our players finishing and the opposition goalkeeper for a couple quality saves fault not the guy standing at side of the park. If we improve our performance and result again on Saturday then we’re going in the right direction.

I’ll wait and see what happens Saturday before I lose my shit again 🤣

Well tbf he bought lammers who has scored what, 6 goals in 3 seasons, and with that miss you can see why lol

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fucking hell mate.

If he did want to run down the clock, any idea why he didn't put the subs on separately rather than both at same time?

Any idea why Lundstram, King or Devine never came on if he was shiting it?

Honest to fuck man step back and read your nonsensical shit before posting.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fucking hell mate.

If he did want to run down the clock, any idea why he didn't put the subs on separately rather than both at same time?

Any idea why Lundstram, King or Devine never came on if he was shiting it?

Honest to fuck man step back and read your nonsensical shit before posting.

Calm down to a frenzy. I shouldn't have tried to explain what Beale was doing. Was stupid Mostly because no cunt knows what is up to,  Including the players. 

I was shitting it. If they had scored and got a draw we would really struggle in the second leg. We will anyhow. Apparently they have only lost one in their last 23 games at home.

We can't even beat Kilmarnock away from home who were managed by an Aberdeen reject ffs! 

They were "well organised" though to quote Beale. That's where we are at. Let's hope that the scum aren't well organised then, eh? 

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Calm down to a frenzy. I shouldn't have tried to explain what Beale was doing. Was stupid Mostly because no cunt knows what is up to,  Including the players. 

I was shitting it. If they had scored and got a draw we would really struggle in the second leg. We will anyhow. Apparently they have only lost one in their last 23 games at home.

We can't even beat Kilmarnock away from home who were managed by an Aberdeen reject ffs! 

They were "well organised" though to quote Beale. That's where we are at. Let's hope that the scum aren't well organised then, eh? 

so you're the shitebag not Beale 😂😂😂

Brilliant.

22 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Professional athletes should be able to run about for 90mins. So subs are tactical, someone’s on a yellow and acting like a balloon or for injury (and yes sometimes when a player is gubbed because he’s gave his all)

Beale changed half his outfield team last night. HALF ffs

Keeping on his defence and Cantwell. 

Not only change half your  outfield team - but do it over half an hour, regularly disrupting any flow, breaking up patterns and making things look completely all over the fucking place as the new players find their way. 
Bringing on Wright and Hagi (bizarrely on 89mins lol) was defo tactical so why did Wright not touch the ball? Was there instructions to now stretch the width of the game?

He’s annoying as fuck with this. People pleaser 

Notwithstanding the quality of subs made, I’m not sure what your issue is with making 5 subs. Teams regularly make 5 subs during the course of a game and seldom sub their keeper. 

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Notwithstanding the quality of subs made, I’m not sure what your issue is with making 5 subs. Teams regularly make 5 subs during the course of a game and seldom sub their keeper. 

I thought I explained it in the post you quoted 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

so you're the shitebag not Beale 😂😂😂

Brilliant.

There were 50,000 people shitting themselves at Ibrox. We will struggle over there. Everyone does. 

Beale subbed Wright on ffs! One goal in 23 appearances last season.

A squad player who was told to find another club, only to be played in a CL qualifier days later. Couldn't  be trusted to play against Kilmarnock but played in a CL qualifier. Truly fucking bizarre!

Who the fuck does that? 

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

There were 50,000 people shitting themselves at Ibrox. We will struggle over there. Everyone does. 

Beale subbed Wright on ffs! One goal in 23 appearances last season.

A squad player who was told to find another club, only to be played in a CL qualifier days later. Couldn't  be trusted to play against Kilmarnock but played in a CL qualifier. Truly fucking bizarre!

Who the fuck does that? 

A manager that is desperate?