****** The Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Yes, Lawrence looked quality. Roofe was always good but injuries are a worry.

Lawrence scored a quality goal for the B team. Roofe, yes, we know what he can bring and we know that he is injury prone, but he has come up with vital goals most seasons.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Lawrence scored a quality goal for the B team. Roofe, yes, we know what he can bring and we know that he is injury prone, but he has come up with vital goals most seasons.

Yes, I always like Roofe it's not his ability that in doubt it's his body holding up.

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Sounds like Beale said roofe and Lawrence will start?
as usual they’ll score first (Servette , killie  ,most away games)and we’ll be shiting it to get back in to it☹️

He sees them as 'starters' in the more general sense that, once fully fit, (after the internationals by the sound of it) they'll not just be getting five minutes here and there

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Sounds like Beale said roofe and Lawrence will start?
as usual they’ll score first (Servette , killie  ,most away games)and we’ll be shiting it to get back in to it☹️

He'd be mental to start Lawrence and Roofe, but after dropping Cantwell for the season opener. I wouldn't be shocked.

1 hour ago, stuart1994 said:

He'd be mental to start Lawrence and Roofe, but after dropping Cantwell for the season opener. I wouldn't be shocked.

Squad members with getting a wee run out he has to play his best team and it's too early for both of them just now to be starting.

Dropping Cantwell shocked everyone and after in the press conference he said something like it not suiting his game, weird.

I would rest Cifuentes. Not because of his performance midweek (I thought he recovered well in the second half), but because he played the full Morton game when others were rested. His role is vital for Wednesday.

Butland

Tav    Souttar  Balogun    Barisic

Raskin

Dowell            Lawrence

Cantwell

Danilo                  Dessers

In the second half, add width against tired legs with Matondo & introduce Roofe

No need for Jack or Lundstram.

Edit : forgot about Lammers. Good problem to have.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He sees them as 'starters' in the more general sense that, once fully fit, (after the internationals by the sound of it) they'll not just be getting five minutes here and there

Yep and tbh I found that a bit surprising, the feeling I was getting was he’d written Roofe off in terms of being someone he would turn to. 
Happy to hear it all the same as he’s got that bit of quality & experience we really need. 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Positivity is like a common bond between us.

:craphead:

You have been quite positive lately tbf mate. You been swallying Es?:lol:

Seriously though, things are starting to come together. We were ahead against PSV twice and unlucky not to win. 

I am OK with Beale resting players such as Jack and Goldson who need it for this match. Just don't want him to rotate the squad too much and us dropping points.

Silverware first, Europe second imo. 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

:craphead:

You have been quite positive lately tbf mate. You been swallying Es?:lol:

Seriously though, things are starting to come together. We were ahead against PSV twice and unlucky not to win. 

I am OK with Beale resting players such as Jack and Goldson who need it for this match. Just don't want him to rotate the squad too much and us dropping points.

Silverware first, Europe second imo. 

See it's Beale I'm wary off but due to his inexperience and how his last five games at QPR went. I do give him credit for buying players that I think will do well at us and obviously I still want us to win every game under him.

I have seen posters wanting us beat to get rid of manager they don't like I would never want that.

Best team once we are dominating change it up.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

See it's Beale I'm wary off but due to his inexperience and how his last five games at QPR went. I do give him credit for buying players that I think will do well at us and obviously I still want us to win every game under him.

I have seen posters wanting us beat to get rid of manager they don't like I would never want that.

I didn't want Beale, but am willing to give him a chance. Hope he grows into the management role and brings us the success we all crave.

People wanting us to get beat are probably filth interlopers.

Can see the squad being used although nowhere near like in the cup.

Davies, Lundstram and Danillo the most likely to come in I reckon. I'd also expect all the substitutes to be used to keep certain players fresh. Lawrence and Roofe would be good to see at some point. Lawrence could be massive for us. Obviously with Roofe it is a lottery how long it will be before he is out for a bit but when he plays he does produce. Game management is going to need to be spot on with him.

8 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Can see the squad being used although nowhere near like in the cup.

Davies, Lundstram and Danillo the most likely to come in I reckon. I'd also expect all the substitutes to be used to keep certain players fresh. Lawrence and Roofe would be good to see at some point. Lawrence could be massive for us. Obviously with Roofe it is a lottery how long it will be before he is out for a bit but when he plays he does produce. Game management is going to need to be spot on with him.

Beale has said he hopes to play  Lawrence at some time tomorrow. I'm all for that. He really impressed me before his injury. I think he has a lot more to give and will be bursting to show it.

As for Roofe, his goal return is good, but none of his previous managers have been able to get the best out of him fitness wise due to underlying issues. Beale can only try. 

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fair point. I'd generally play our best 11 (not sure Beale knows who they are yet) then use the subs once game is won.

I wouldn't risk Goldson or Jack though. Would put them on the bench just in case they are needed. Unlikely as that is. They need rested to be fresh for PSV imo. 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Beale has said he hopes to play  Lawrence at some time tomorrow. I'm all for that. He really impressed me before his injury. I think he has a lot more to give and will be bursting to show it.

As for Roofe, his goal return is good, but none of his previous managers have been able to get the best out of him fitness wise due to underlying issues. Beale can only try. 

Lawrence could solve the problem we have on the left with Kent leaving. But Matondo also seems be on fire a wee bit which could work as we switch them so both get game time.