****** The Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Lawrence could solve the problem we have on the left with Kent leaving. But Matondo also seems be on fire a wee bit which could work as we switch them so both get game time.

A fit Lawrence with Montondo subbed on for him to inject pace would be a good option later in the season.

Credit where it is due, Beale is starting to get the best out of Montondo. A player most of us wrote off. 

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A fit Lawrence with Montondo subbed on for him to inject pace would be a good option later in the season.

Credit where it is due, Beale is starting to get the best out of Montondo. A player most of us wrote off. 

Beale said he was working is way through a knee problem so maybe was not at his best. We did write him off.

30 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Beale has said he hopes to play  Lawrence at some time tomorrow. I'm all for that. He really impressed me before his injury. I think he has a lot more to give and will be bursting to show it.

As for Roofe, his goal return is good, but none of his previous managers have been able to get the best out of him fitness wise due to underlying issues. Beale can only try. 

Beale would be insane to rely on him but just as insane not to utilise him when he is available. 

Having him and Helander available for the majority of games was massive during 55. Would be nice if we got a little more out of him before he leaves. 

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Roofe has scored in about 50 percent of his games for us. Most strikers would boast about that. Mental stat considering he wasn't match fit a lot of the time.

WI'll be good to see him back.

I think the chance Danilo had late in the game v PSV Roofe hammers that into the roof of the net, he's done it many times for us. 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I think the chance Danilo had late in the game v PSV Roofe hammers that into the roof of the net, he's done it many times for us. 

High chance Roofe would net that.

Totally different players though. Be good to see them play together regularly btw 

I think Danilo is a fast technical player. That's obvious. But a tad too greedy with the ball so far. I think he will bed in soon. Very focused player imo. 

I am on record as saying Danilo will be our best signing. Have high Really high expectations of him. 

I also said that Cantwell would get  13 plus motm awards over all competitions (high ask). Said that with a pinch of salt. He will get more motm than anyone else rhough. The lad oozes enthusiasm!

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

High chance Roofe would net that.

Totally different players though. Be good to see them play together regularly btw 

I think Danilo is a fast technical player. That's obvious. But a tad too greedy with the ball so far. I think he will bed in soon. Very focused player imo. 

I am on record as saying Danilo will be our best signing. Have high Really high expectations of him. 

I also said that Cantwell would get  13 plus motm awards over all competitions (high ask). Said that with a pinch of salt. He will get more motm than anyone else rhough. The lad oozes enthusiasm!

I think Cantwell will. Probably my favourite player for ages. 

Wasn't slating Danilo, think he will be a good signing for us, just remember Roofe whacking them into the roof of the net at times for us, in that same kind of position. 

Anyway, bring on Wednesday! 

It would be nice just for once to get an early goal, allow us to settle into the game and do not allow County to settle into the low block that they will almost inevitably deploy today, frustrate their plans to frustrate us. Absolutely no resting of any players, another 90 minutes of huffing and puffing to break down a team we should be beating comfortably is absolutely not required today.

As I said, early goal would be nice but am expecting the usual huff puff, would be nice to be proved wrong.

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Be nice just for once to get an early goal, allow us to settle into the game and do not allow County to settle into the low block that they will almost inevitably deploy today, frustrate their plans to frustrate us. Absolutely no resting of any players, another 90 minutes of huffing and puffing to break down teams we should be beating comfortably is absolutely not required today.

As I said, early goal would be nice but am expecting the usual huff puff, would be nice to be proved wrong.

One criticism i have is that we don't start games clinically enough. It would be nice to get an early goal or two and throw their gameplan into ruins.

Far too often i feel we're relying on getting to half time and changing things then.

15 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Matondo has looked good and we’ve also looked better having that natural pace and width.

Bit worried how Lawrence fits in though. Going to be the same problem with relying on Tav and Barasic to provide all the width

10 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You’re also on record saying “Montondo” about ten times. 

4E93BE4B-0ABA-431C-B85D-2CEDBC3F9178.jpeg