*****The Official Rangers vs scum Match Thread*****

Essandoh

Just now, theiconicman said:

Yet defenders do it every single time to shepherd balls out of play and its always a foul when the attacker ends up contacting them?

Get it fucking chased - its a con to deny us a stuck on goal.

When Morelos was penalised for a foul against Dortmund for the same thing was that also part of us being conned?

2 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

When Morelos was penalised for a foul against Dortmund for the same thing was that also part of us being conned?

Yes. The opposition player made contact with Morelos, if that is a rule then they need to apply it to every time a defender body blocks an attacker as they are not in 'control of the ball'

For years now we've made it look like its the hardest thing in the world to break down Scottish teams at Ibrox, and have to huff and puff with crosses and hoping for mistakes to fashion a chance.

If we'd invested in two wide pacey attackers for around 5 million each and either side of a good new forward, and cantwell in behind in the centre we'd probably be blowing teams away (not that our recruitment team gives me confidence tho we'd identify the right players). Instead we've bought 4 random strikers that don't look like they belong in the same starting lineup.  Mental.

2 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Wasn't enough in it for a penalty.

There was way more in it than Desser's "foul" tbf. And a lot more "clear and obvious" too

On Desser's "foul" - when Des Roach is on Rangers side it tells a story. I can't recall him ever backing us before

https://Copy & Paste This Shite..../sport/football/football-news/former-ref-blasts-var-Rangers-30853686

3 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

There was way more in it than Desser's "foul" tbf. And a lot more "clear and obvious" too

On Desser's "foul" - when Des Roach is on Rangers side it tells a story. I can't recall him ever backing us before

https://Copy & Paste This Shite..../sport/football/football-news/former-ref-blasts-var-Rangers-30853686

Neil Lennon couldn’t even defend it.

17 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

We shouldn't be in the position where we need to argue the toss about VAR and fouls.  Their defence was as bad as it is ever going to get and we couldn't get a shot on target at home until it was too late.  It's time for Beale to go and get a manager in with a clear system of play.

7 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

We shouldn't be in the position where we need to argue the toss about VAR and fouls.  Their defence was as bad as it is ever going to get and we couldn't get a shot on target at home until it was too late.  It's time for Beale to go and get a manager in with a clear system of play.

That's stiff upper lip, take it up the arse bollocks

If VAR had given that against the scum the Scottish Parliament would be in emergency recall and phone-ins would be on 24/7 for the next 3 weeks

If we lose the league by 2 points or less that decision is worth £10s of millions

2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

That's stiff upper lip, take it up the arse bollocks

If VAR had given that against the scum the Scottish Parliament would be in emergency recall and phone-ins would be on 24/7 for the next 3 weeks

If we lose the league by 2 points or less that decision is worth £10s of millions

The fault lies with Beale and his shite tactics and poor signings.  No point papering over the cracks with VAR when we had well over an hour to attack one of the worst defences they'll ever send to Ibrox

3 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The fault lies with Beale and his shite tactics and poor signings.  No point papering over the cracks with VAR when we had well over an hour to attack one of the worst defences they'll ever send to Ibrox

I'm not papering over cracks, I'm stating we were on the end of the howling call- again

It may cost us £10s millions and a league title. You might be cool with that, I'm not

The rest of your post is valid and I agree

7 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

VAR clearly cost us

Can't argue with the rest of your points right enough

I didn’t think it was a foul but the ex refereeing fraternity seem to agree it was a foul. 

At the end of the day they paid £4.5m on a striker that needed one chance. We’ve spent £13m on the worst bunch of misfits I’ve ever seen. Who watched them and thought yeah they’d do well together? 

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I didn’t think it was a foul but the ex refereeing fraternity seem to agree it was a foul. 

At the end of the day they paid £4.5m on a striker that needed one chance. We’ve spent £13m on the worst bunch of misfits I’ve ever seen. Who watched them and thought yeah they’d do well together? 

Des Roach is an ex ref who disagrees (he's also a rabid tarrier) 

Madden (apparently a Rangers man) thinks it's a foul technically

That's 2 refs, 2 different opinions 

I just don't see how anyone can call it "a clear and obvious mistake"

That the same VAR official decided not to have a view when Maeda clattered Cantwell and was nowhere near the ball further irks - especially when it was more clear and obvious

4 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Des Roach is an ex ref who disagrees (he's also a rabid tarrier) 

Madden (apparently a Rangers man) thinks it's a foul technically

That's 2 refs, 2 different opinions 

I just don't see how anyone can call it "a clear and obvious mistake"

That the same VAR official decided not to have a view when Maeda clattered Cantwell and was nowhere near the ball further irks - especially when it was more clear and obvious

As I said I was raging with the decision but still doesn’t get away from the fact that we were dreadful. The tactics to sit off them were utterly baffling. We’re playing our best player out of position to shoehorn players of the ilk of Ostenstad, Capucho and Beattie in. Another disaster of a season is on the cards!

3 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

As I said I was raging with the decision but still doesn’t get away from the fact that we were dreadful. The tactics to sit off them were utterly baffling. We’re playing our best player out of position to shoehorn players of the ilk of Ostenstad, Capucho and Beattie in. Another disaster of a season is on the cards!

They're two completely different point mate

If we play badly (we did today) and someone chops our player down in the last minute, we don't say "don't bother with the penalty ref, we've been shit today"

Bad decisions are bad decisions

Bad performances are bad performances

Two different things

11 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

They're two completely different point mate

If we play badly (we did today) and someone chops our player down in the last minute, we don't say "don't bother with the penalty ref, we've been shit today"

Bad decisions are bad decisions

Bad performances are bad performances

Two different things

Yeah two different thing but let’s not disguise the fact that we are a shite football team at present behind a bad decision. 

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Yeah two different thing but let’s not disguise the fact that we are a shite football team at present behind a bad decision. 

I'm not, I'm agreeing we're miles off it

Lets not disguise the fact that we were on the end of another huge call behind not playing well

2 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

For years now we've made it look like its the hardest thing in the world to break down Scottish teams at Ibrox, and have to huff and puff with crosses and hoping for mistakes to fashion a chance.

If we'd invested in two wide pacey attackers for around 5 million each and either side of a good new forward, and cantwell in behind in the centre we'd probably be blowing teams away (not that our recruitment team gives me confidence tho we'd identify the right players). Instead we've bought 4 random strikers that don't look like they belong in the same starting lineup.  Mental.

Only one of them has a decent goal scoring record. 

Beale seems to think he can buy a mediocre player and turn him into something special with his coaching skills.

Delusional!

I hate that lull after a loss, the adrenaline makes you just concentrate on the anger immediately after the game.

But now I'm gutted, with a fairly large chunk of anger sitting about in the background.

A truly inept performance by our Manager and players - starting to really sink in that the players we've signed are fucking rotten too.

Here's hoping a new Manager can inject a bit of optimism into them and give them a clear and obvious plan of what's required of them as individuals and a team. 

Get that fraud to fuck.