The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

49 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

See if it’s Muscat and we’re in this same spot in 12 months I want every one of yous cunts banned.

And if Beale stays and we don’t win the league cup and end up 9+ points behind the scum by Christmas then I want you banned. 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

I can’t say I can particularly remember ever having seen or heard any of his press conferences so can’t comment on his personality; however if the idea is that he is coming in with Billy Reid as his assistant I don’t think we need to worry about the management team not understanding the demands of the job.

Didn’t really help Mark Warburton when he had David Weir beside him.

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I didn’t want him in. But the absolute lack of due diligence or any kind of recruitment process by the likes of Wilson and Robertson was absolutely frightening. Just shows how badly our club was being ran at the time with these two cunts in charge.

Rebrov, Seaone, Faraoli were all attainable and we ended up with Beale 

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Rather have somebody that’s a serial winner, has won multiple trophies and think they need to have that bit of aggression about them that Gerrard had. 

Gerrard was a massive gamble at the time and only partially worked out (he helped raise the profile of the club and brought back some of the standards we had lost but his trophy haul was very poor if we are being honest), if he was being suggested now I wouldn’t want him.

Nobody who has been linked so far has me 100% convinced for different reasons and I am massively concerned this is being led by the board who have very little football knowledge.

Just now, rossco87 said:

Gerrard was a massive gamble at the time and only partially worked out (he helped raise the profile of the club and brought back some of the standards we had lost but his trophy haul was very poor if we are being honest), if he was being suggested now I wouldn’t want him.

Nobody who has been linked so far has me 100% convinced for different reasons and I am massively concerned this is being led by the board who have very little football knowledge.

I agree that I wouldn’t want Gerrard now but we “should” be far more attractive and be able to attract a higher calibre manager than we could then. 

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Didn’t really help Mark Warburton when he had David Weir beside him.

I always struggle to judge Warburton; he had us playing some incredible football at the start and then was too rigid to his style when other teams figured out how to set up against him.

I don’t think it would have made us into instant title contenders, but compared to what subsequent managers were given I don’t think we backed him with transfers when we came back up. Probably the board were thinking that he wasn’t going to be the long term answer so weren’t willing to let him spend masses but then it just becomes a self fulfilling prophecy; if you don’t give a manager a squad to succeed then chances are he isn’t going to succeed.

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Rebrov, Seaone, Faraoli were all attainable and we ended up with Beale 

Based on what?

People are massively overestimating the pull of us and them with our current standing in football.

That they welcomed Rodgers back after how he left them shows the dearth of quality candidates.

What lots of coaches / managers fail to understand is that elsewhere losing a game against one of your Top4 rivals but staying in the Top4 is somehow acceptable. At us, second is nowhere and it takes a particular breed to simply not accept being second. Club is riddled with players and staff that accept being runners up to them but still playing in Europe.  Gone are the attitudes that Souness and Smith brought to the club. Gerrard partly had that but one trophy in 12 was a pish return and they all downed tools after 55.

Not sure any of the names mentioned would have that demeanour of not wanting to lose any game, especially to them. Beale certainly doesn’t have it. 

13 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I agree that I wouldn’t want Gerrard now but we “should” be far more attractive and be able to attract a higher calibre manager than we could then. 

Ah got you.

It’s something that has been pissing me off regarding the board taking their time. Nothing has changed since last weekend so if he is not good enough now why not just sack him early last week?

I am guessing the board are wanting to use the time to feel out who is available, but if we had sacked him we would have people reaching out to the club saying they were interested. Would probably be mostly managers that we would not be interested in but there is every chance there might be one or two who we were not aware of / wouldn’t have thought they would have been interested but aren’t exactly going to put their names forward while there is still a manager in place.

32 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Rather have somebody that’s a serial winner, has won multiple trophies and think they need to have that bit of aggression about them that Gerrard had. 

Who? Name a suggestion that has all the above criteria and would be attainable ? 

4 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Can not afford to get this one wrong,

Me personally it's a no, I don't think he's the answer and it would be a lazy appointment,  just because the gravy drinker was a success for them doesn’t mean he will be a success for us imo

So who do you suggest? Keep Beale?

Muscat to be screams making the same mistakes a guy from other side of world that no one has seen his teams play. Admittedly seems to have won things but so did perdro. It also smacks of trying to copy the scum with ange, circumstances worked in his favour hugely. Dunno, I'd rather it wasn't him tbh.

17 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

One thing is for sure

After the reaction to him listening to Sunday love songs in the motor, it's obvious that every single one of us is sick of the sight of Beale now

It's over,board need to put him out of his misery now

Absolute state of a manager posting pish like that and changing his profile pic. Doesn't have the mentality to be the Rangers manager.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

How does 1 pass show he has what it takes :lol:

Saying he has only had 1 pass is a tad unfair.....he put a cracking ball through for Danilo against Morton and his ball last week for Matondo (albeit from an offside position) was absolutely spot on.....the problem is if those assits were combined with 4 or 5 goals up till now then we would probably be raving about him....problem is he has missed a few guilt edged chances and trying the ball over the top last week for him was utter folly

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Muscat to be screams making the same mistakes a guy from other side of world that no one has seen his teams play. Admittedly seems to have won things but so did perdro. It also smacks of trying to copy the scum with ange, circumstances worked in his favour hugely. Dunno, I'd rather it wasn't him tbh.

There is absolutely an element of thinking that Muscat is a manager in the same vein as posticoglu. It's a risk all the same. 

I've no idea who i would like as a manager tbh, but definitely someone with experience of winning trophies, someone who plays on the front foot, and just give us a lift tbh. 

Muscat isn't one i would like, but i feel like we're being fed that name as the main option.