The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

50 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Clearly we are sticking by him. He needs an experienced number 2 in there. Gerrards biggest strength was his team. An experienced ex pro number 2, beale as coach, highly rated fitness/set piece guys. Beales backroom staff have nothing.

I do wonder if Beale being manager and not coach is why fuck all is happening? His backroom team seem uninspiring. Doesn't excuse him, he still need to fix it or get the fuck out the way

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Clearly we are sticking by him. He needs an experienced number 2 in there. Gerrards biggest strength was his team. An experienced ex pro number 2, beale as coach, highly rated fitness/set piece guys. Beales backroom staff have nothing.

We won't be sticking by him long term

If he wins every game going forward over the coming months he'll be here, if he manages to get to the cup final and wins that then he'll be here and he'll have performed a minor miracle, I can't see those scenarios happening but for our own good I hope its achieved, until more points/cup are shipped he'll be here, he'll understand that there's a 99.9% chance he won't be seeing the season out with us, over to you Mick.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

This! I still reckon he’ll be lucky to be here by Christmas.

As you were saying in the Other Mob thread, this new board need to get their act together, surly they will not let this go on if he drops any more points in the league before Christmas, or goes out of the League Cup.

The next 4 games are all at home, M B needs to win all 3 domestic ones, and if he picks the right teams he should be winning them.

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not having winning the league cup with two ties at Ibrox and two at Hampden, with celtic already knocked out, as being a ‘minor miracle’. 

The miracle was more to do with Beales ability as a manager, it shouldn't be that way but I don't see him managing it so it'll be a miracle if we do.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

As you were saying in the Other Mob thread, this new board need to get their act together, surly they will not let this go on if he drops any more points in the league before Christmas, or goes out of the League Cup.

The next 4 games are all at home, M B needs to win all 3 domestic ones, and if he picks the right teams he should be winning them.

I genuinely think the boards inability to make correct and timely decisions is a huge part of the problem. We could’ve still salvaged the league and still can by removing him immediately and bringing in a competent manager. It would seem they are happy just to finish second every year with the odd title every so often and odd trophy thrown in. I try to make sense of it all thinking maybe because I grew up late 80’s and 90’s that that has skewed my vision of the club. But the reality is before Souness for over 100 years we were the most dominant club in the country that won the most trophies by a mile, our club had a history of being winners and had standards of winning. The last 8 seasons under this board we have pretty much accepted we are second best. Michael Beales continued employment and everything that has happened under this board proves this. For me the problems will never be addressed fully while we have the same people running the club. 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I don’t see us winning it

Nah no chance. We’ve got more pain to go through unfortunately under Beale. If it’s not Livingston we’ll shit the bed at Hampden to Hibs again no doubt!

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Would both cups, post Christmas European football and running them close in the league but finishing 2nd be enough to keep him in the job?

Or is a minimum of a league and league cup win needed?

Who wants him out at the end of the season even if we do the above?

Define 'running them close'?