The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Would both cups, post Christmas European football and running them close in the league but finishing 2nd be enough to keep him in the job?

Or is a minimum of a league and league cup win needed?

Who wants him out at the end of the season even if we do the above?

He won't get sacked if that's how the season ends 

27 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I genuinely think the boards inability to make correct and timely decisions is a huge part of the problem. We could’ve still salvaged the league and still can by removing him immediately and bringing in a competent manager. It would seem they are happy just to finish second every year with the odd title every so often and odd trophy thrown in. I try to make sense of it all thinking maybe because I grew up late 80’s and 90’s that that has skewed my vision of the club. But the reality is before Souness for over 100 years we were the most dominant club in the country that won the most trophies by a mile, our club had a history of being winners and had standards of winning. The last 8 seasons under this board we have pretty much accepted we are second best. Michael Beales continued employment and everything that has happened under this board proves this. For me the problems will never be addressed fully while we have the same people running the club. 

It does seem that the two parts above in bold is true and it is hellish.

I fear that they do not have the money to take us back to beating the tarriers regularly and yet they (King) said once we had won one title 'they' would fold like a pack of cards, aye right.

I had hoped Bennet and Bisgrove might be more ruthless, they seem to been in other areas of the business but not with the manager. Once again we are going from game to game in some kind of limbo, hoping for the best but fearing the worst. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That’s not an answer to the question(s) though.

It answers the first question.

As a minimum it will keep him in his job, whether he should be in the view of the fans is entirely dependent on performances and the manner of those achievements. If "post Christmas European football" means topping the group and going onto win a couple knockout rounds in style then that's totally different to scraping 2nd place and losing at home to Aris, getting scudded in the first round. Losing the league marginally is dependent on both teams playing great and having a good race, or them being dreadful and us failing to capitalise and still losing it, with dreadful performances. 

It will probably mean he won't be sacked, not enough info to say whether it would be a turnaround or not. 

20 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It does seem that the two parts above in bold is true and it is hellish.

I fear that they do not have the money to take us back to beating the tarriers regularly and yet they (King) said once we had won one title 'they' would fold like a pack of cards, aye right.

I had hoped Bennet and Bisgrove might be more ruthless, they seem to been in other areas of the business but not with the manager. Once again we are going from game to game in some kind of limbo, hoping for the best but fearing the worst. 

The problem in terms of investment is we've simply not spent wisely what we do have. I dread to think how much money in fees and wages we've wasted on duds. 

I get in transfers you can't get them all right but I don't think it's unfair to say we've signed more duds than success. 

As for Beale between now and the international break he's got the below:

Betis H

Motherwell H

Livingston H

Aberdeen H

Aris Limassol A

St Mirren A

Aside from Betis everyone of those games is winnable. He drops any points or exits the cup vs livingston and he's done for. 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Can't believe it's got that bad that people think a league cup is beyond us.....I will be amazed but horrified if we don't win the league cup

I don't think it's beyond us. We should rightly be favorites. 

But we still have players here with previous for messing up cups. We also have a manager with a terrible big game record. 

Both need to change.

25 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Keep it competitive, genuine title race.

For him to come 2nd and me not want him gone he would need to finish on 100+ points and only lose out to them because they've had an incredible season. That's on top of winning both cups.

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The problem in terms of investment is we've simply not spent wisely what we do have. I dread to think how much money in fees and wages we've wasted on duds. 

I get in transfers you can't get them all right but I don't think it's unfair to say we've signed more duds than success. 

Betis H

Motherwell H

Livingston H

Aberdeen H

Aris Limassol A

St Mirren A

Aside from Betis everyone of those games is winnable. He drops any points or exits the cup vs livingston and he's done for. 

We should be expecting 6 wins really.

At worst a draw at home to Betis, and then 5 wins. Anything less and it’s a failure. 

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Betis H

Motherwell H

Livingston H

Aberdeen H

Aris Limassol A

St Mirren A

Yes you are probably right about so much money being wasted, I just feel that this board are not too worried about being successful and that is my real concern, whether they do have the financial means is open to question I suppose.

M B should be winning all these games apart from tomorrow night. I must admit I am a bit fearful of what will happen in that one to be honest. Hope my concerns are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The Investors deserve huge credit for stumping up money but the fact they allow the money to be mismanaged by incompetents is frightening.

Millions on Davies, Dessers and Lammers with no resale potential.

Millions on Yilmaz who can’t even make Euro Squad.

I’m sure they wouldn’t put up with it in day to day jobs so why do they at Rangers.

I've been thinking this for a while, surely these guys understand what they're money is being spent on, and are actually keeping tabs on it.

Because if not that's scary.

If I'd bought a £3m product for work, and it turned out to be shite, someone would have ma baws.

2 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

For him to come 2nd and me not want him gone he would need to finish on 100+ points and only lose out to them because they've had an incredible season. That's on top of winning both cups.

Ooft.

And does any new manager coming in have the same conditions set, in that it’s a league win or their out unless it’s lost under exceptional circumstances?

33 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Ooft.

And does any new manager coming in have the same conditions set, in that it’s a league win or their out unless it’s lost under exceptional circumstances?

If you're not winning the league here you're failing so pretty much. 

We’re going to win the League Cup. Pretty confident about that.

But it’s the league where he should be judged for me. This year was a must win and given celtic look a level below where they were, there’s no excuses.

Sadly the recruitment continues to be a shambles so wouldn’t be more confident of success by changing manager now than hoping Beale turns it around with the current lot. 

22 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We’re going to win the League Cup. Pretty confident about that.

But it’s the league where he should be judged for me. This year was a must win and given celtic look a level below where they were, there’s no excuses.

Sadly the recruitment continues to be a shambles so wouldn’t be more confident of success by changing manager now than hoping Beale turns it around with the current lot. 

He’s brought in poor players. If we could stay in touch till Jan then maybe a new manager could bring in some more quality but as it stands this squad won’t win the league. 
Should have enough for the league cup but we could quite easily fuck that up as well