Davies > Souttar

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Im afraid its Goldson all day long for me, couldnt clear his throat never mind his lines.

I could see why if you entirely forget the sight of Souttar trying to run out of defence into 3 players and almost shipping another goal over the one he actually gave away.

Souttar has been utter dog shite so far this year and people are just slow to start admitting it.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Are we really doing random player who hasn't played in a while is better than random player who is getting played because we haven't been reminded in a while just how bad the player sitting on the bench actually is? @mitre_mouldmaster I thought you were better than that. 

I remember Davies becoming shite, but there was a spell where I thought he looked somewhat solid.

Souttar gives away multiple chances per game, in almost every game.

I dont care if we bring in Balogun or King. Souttar needs a bit of spell on the bench though to see if we can somehow shore up the defence a bit though.

Just now, B1872 said:

Caused a goal and nearly caused another that was saved by Butland but given as a goal kick. I’m sorry but Goldson deserves the same abuse as Souttar.

Drop the two of them then and play King and someone.

League is fucking done already 3 days into September, so might as well try and see if we can develop King.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I remember Davies becoming shite, but there was a spell where I thought he looked somewhat solid.

Souttar gives away multiple chances per game, in almost every game.

I dont care if we bring in Balogun or King. Souttar needs a bit of spell on the bench though to see if we can somehow shore up the defence a bit though.

I remember Davies looking good in the Liverpool pumping right up until Goldson got subbed. It was that far back. He's had plenty of games since and been miles from the level required. His performance in the OF game when he had 2 chances to clear the ball before Jota took the pish out him showed he isn't Rangers class.

The defence at times doesn't look great but our problems are deeper than that. The defence is exposed badly by a piss poor midfield (no idea if that's because of personnel or tactics) and the fact that we struggle to score and put games to bed to allow the full team to relax a bit and play a bit more free-flowing. There's a fear within the team when we have the ball. 

When it comes to our backline I think it comes down to the decisions our manager is making. 

Our defence is rank rotten. We know the deficiences of the full backs (we also know their strengths), Souttar gives away at least one golden chance every game by being daft with the ball or just not concentrating, Goldson is getting worse defensively each passing game and is a bomb scare on the ball in big games and Davies cannot deal with big games.

On the other hand we have all these attack minded players (including the full backs) and still we want to play some complicated disjointed game that exposes our centre halfs with and without the ball.

Either we play all 3 (Souttar and Davies both played that way before signing) and ease the pressure on them with and without the ball. Or we start pressing and get our attacking players higher up the park and get them involved in these type of games. We could also do both.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Can we please go back to bringing in Davies to try and salvage something from this season, even if its just a bit of pride.

Souttar is leaving openings in almost every fucking game that are getting punished.

Davies is rotten too, but not to the extent that we are directly losing goals every fucking match.

Time for Souttar to be heading to the bench for a while and has to earn his place back in the team.

Honestly man, geez fucking peace.

45 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Souttar at our level would excel at the type of role Guardiola has Stones playing.

But Beale is never going to play like City, and not suggesting he should either.

No he wouldn't :lol:

He doesn't have the concentration, hence the goals he keeps giving away. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I could see why if you entirely forget the sight of Souttar trying to run out of defence into 3 players and almost shipping another goal over the one he actually gave away.

Souttar has been utter dog shite so far this year and people are just slow to start admitting it.

Can i say i called it with souttar 19 monthd ago?