Ryan Jack

nik2402

I thought giving him a one year deal would be fine, but that’s mainly because I expected him to play a reduced role. Manage his minutes and roll him out for home games against St Johnstone and the like. For him to be starting games like the one yesterday is seriously concerning, not only because he’s clearly not up to it, but also because it suggests the manger has no faith in Lundstram either and with those two being our defensive midfield options, that’s a serious concern.

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I thought giving him a one year deal would be fine, but that’s mainly because I expected him to play a reduced role. Manage his minutes and roll him out for home games against St Johnstone and the like. For him to be starting games like the one yesterday is seriously concerning, not only because he’s clearly not up to it, but also because it suggests the manger has no faith in Lundstram either and with those two being our defensive midfield options, that’s a serious concern.

I thought signing him up again would be specifically for games like yesterday, surely you don't pay a guy like him the wage he's on just to bring him in against bottom feeder clubs at Ibrox?

• 2 months later...

Same old conversations re Jack, gets up to speed then goes out injured.  Should never have extended his contract, he’s done.  Also, his insistence on still wanting to play for Scotland when he can’t even stay fit enough to play regularly for his club is a fucking joke.

33 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Could’ve really done with him today which makes it all the more annoying. Think we win that with him instead of Cifuentes starting. 

We win it if Balogun doesn’t miss 2 sitters nothing to do with Jack missing.

Whats your reasoning behind why you think we would’ve won if Jack was playing?

19 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Same old conversations re Jack, gets up to speed then goes out injured.  Should never have extended his contract, he’s done.  Also, his insistence on still wanting to play for Scotland when he can’t even stay fit enough to play regularly for his club is a fucking joke.

He’s obviously wanting a trip to Germany but I can’t see why he bothers with that shite. 

Good chance he’ll not even make the squad anyway 

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

🤣🤣 football is a simple game

Jack would have shown a little bit of leadership today with winning the 50 50 balls as we were pulling out them today and got bullied today at times 

So if Jack plays today Balogun scores both of those chances? We were toothless up front. Ryan Jack isn't a match winner or a game changer. Who's to say Jack wouldn't have been like the rest of the team today?

Midfield is our biggest issue and has been for a long time. Up front we have players with pace but we are slow and ponderous in midfield in the transition rather than getting the ball forward quickly. I've been saying for a long that Lundstram will never be good enough, he either passes back, holds it then passes sideways or gives it away. When Clement came in he said he wanted players to take more risks, not stupid risks but not take the safe route either, I think or hope Clement knows Lundstram will never be that.

I'm not saying Raskin is the answer as he's been poor too but he does try and transition into attack. Next summer our midfield needs upgraded and I don't see either Jack or Lundstram being part of that

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

So if Jack plays today Balogun scores both of those chances? We were toothless up front. Ryan Jack isn't a match winner or a game changer. Who's to say Jack wouldn't have been like the rest of the team today?

I think Jack would have been up for it as you know the sheep fans would have been on his case from the ko.