Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I checked the stats against the scum using recent players. Need to check them individually so the only ones I felt were worth considering for number of assists were Tav, Borna, Morelos, Kent, Arfield and I chucked in Roofe as well. Tav has the most assists with 6 with Borna on 5 assists, more than any of the other players I checked. Worth noting that Tav has played roughly double the amount of OF games than Borna though. 

Anyone else worth looking at that I'm missing? 

11 assists in 24 games against the tarriers since gerrard signed barisic, an absolutely brutal stat from our two main attacking threats 

No fucking wonder we've barely laid a glove on them over the last 5 years

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Will you give this a rest? It is an outlandish suggestion that you keep repeating and you have zero proof to back it up.

Theres zero proof either to say he was desperate to play in the game but Beale chose not to instead 

But given his history of being a shitebag, his history of absolutely shitting the bed against the tarriers, i think I'll stick to my original theory that he's an utter shitebag

Just now, SPWF said:

The medical team can say he’s medically fit, but if the player says he doesn’t feel right to play he doesn’t play. 

If the player runs ten yards and tells the medical team he feels pain somewhere, they dont turn round and say "you're full of shit, you're fit to play" 

As much as i slate tav, last season under gio the report was he was carrying an injury and he was slated for not admitting to the injury and playing through it

Barisic the complete opposite 

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

11 assists in 24 games against the tarriers since gerrard signed barisic, an absolutely brutal stat from our two main attacking threats 

No fucking wonder we've barely laid a glove on them over the last 5 years

An assist almost every 4th OF is great, please stop talking absolute shite cause you don’t like him.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

An assist almost every 2nd OF is great, please stop talking absolute shite cause you don’t like him.

Frimpong, Taylor, Johnston, Tierney, Ralston, Izaguirre and Juranovic have 6 assists against us combined.

Just another in a long line of hilarious posts.

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Frimpong, Taylor, Johnston, Tierney, Ralston, Izaguirre and Juranovic have 6 assists against us combined.

Just another in a long line of hilarious posts.

Yeah hilarious that the tarriers dont focus on their fullbacks

Think their fans give a fuck about they stats given johnston alone has the same amount of medals that our fullbacks have

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If 11 in 24 is brutal how many assists should the main attacking threat be getting in derby games?

You'd like more than 11 in 24, especially as they two take all the set pieces as well

Since we focused on they two as our attacking threat, we have an OF record of

Season 1 W2, L2

Season 2 W1, L2

Season 3 W4, D1

Season 4 W2, D1, L2

Season 5 W1, D1, L4

Season 6 L1

Out of 24 OF games we've won 10, and hate to be that guy but 3 wins and a draw have came once the league was done, are we seriously suggesting that our tactics are good enough 

Ask yourself this, in the big important OF games, how many have we won using these tactics? 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd like more than 11 in 24, especially as they two take all the set pieces as well

Season 1 W2, L2

Season 2 W1, L2

Season 3 W4, D1

Season 4 W2, D1, L2

Season 5 W1, D1, L4

Season 6 L1

Out of 24 OF games we've won 10, and hate to be that guy but 3 wins and a draw have came once the league was done, are we seriously suggesting that our tactics are good enough 

Ask yourself this, in the big important OF games, how many have we won using these tactics? 

How many is not brutal? How many would be excellent?

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Season 1 W2, L2

Season 2 W1, L2

Season 3 W4, D1

Season 4 W2, D1, L2

Season 5 W1, D1, L4

Season 6 L1

Jim you're looking at those stats all wrong and it goes back to my original point. The 2 full-backs producing good numbers going forward aren't the issue. It's the players round about them who deserve far more criticism and deserve to be replaced. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

I want 20 out of 24, our main attacking threat are only assisting once every 2.something OF games, its clearly not working given our lack of success wouldn't you agree? 

Do any 2 of their players have 20 out of 24? Since they have had success I can only guess they have that and then some.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

We maybe stifle 2 DMs but that's it. What exactly were players like Kent on the park for in these games?

Ah kent, the winger we tried to turn into a number ten so barisic can get up the park 

We've spent 5 years focusing on attacking fullbacks, one title and one cup, is pish at best

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Can’t see us letting him go until at least January but what do I know.

Whatever happens I’m sure there will be those who see it as another failing of the club given he is quite a divisive player.

May just do a kamara-kent-morelos and down tools until Jan. Then fuck off while saying how great we are.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Jim you're looking at those stats all wrong and it goes back to my original point. The 2 full-backs producing good numbers going forward aren't the issue. It's the players round about them who deserve far more criticism and deserve to be replaced. 

Why would you criticise a player whos been told to curb his natural game to cover the wingbacks intead

Could they all do better, obviously, but when we have one plan and its to pray that tav and borna can get up the line and assist, then it clearly isnt a very good plan given our lack of success 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ah kent, the winger we tried to turn into a number ten so barisic can get up the park 

We've spent 5 years focusing on attacking fullbacks, one title and one cup, is pish at best

Jim I'll try this again. It only seems like the full-backs are the main focus because they're the only ones delivering on a regular basis. It's the other players who aren't good enough.