Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

22 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The only possible justification for this is to be able to sell him next summer (with a year left of the new contract) as opposed to yet another walking away for bugger all.

All we need to do is to stick an oppostion jersey on thr ibrox front door, borna will turn back everytime he sees it, therefore never leave

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Issue we have is that its a management team who absolutely none of us trust anymore, they perhaps rate barisic over yilmaz, but do we trust them given how fucking shite our season has been

Your man Gio didn’t seem to be particularly sold on Yilmaz either though. I’m not convinced he’s good enough for us, and that’s without thinking about how injury prone he seems to be too. It’s an area where we need investment and improvement, which is a worrying thing to say considering the money we spent to improve it last Summer.

The worry is the recruitment. Can talk about Tav, Goldson and Barasic levels all we want.

But the pathetic thing is out of all the signings we’ve made in those positions going back to the start of Wilson, the three of them are still far ahead of anyone else we’ve signed. 

We will still look to upgrade LB next year if we can somehow get Ridvan off the books, no matter if Borna resigns or not.

And maybe we are learning from past mistakes. Why would we want a Croatian-capped player to leave for free?

It won't be a long-term deal. Don't see any issues with it.

Bornas agent has played a blinder here. Yilmaz is shite, stir up rumours about a home coming and we take the bait.

What a fucking shambles. 33 year old Tav and 32 Borna prowling our wings here we come :megaanguish:

We deserve everything we get as a club. We deserve second best.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We will still look to upgrade LB next year if we can somehow get Ridvan off the books, no matter if Borna resigns or not.

And maybe we are learning from past mistakes. Why would we want a Croatian-capped player to leave for free?

It won't be a long-term deal. Don't see any issues with it.

If its a 1 year deal we'd need to sell him this summer. Why would he sign that if he can be a free agent? If its longer than one year the same applies if we want to sell this summer. Its not logical for him.

If its longer and we want to sell after next summer his stock will have plummeted due to age.

The only benefit he has is security if he was to get injured. Loads of players run contracts down as its financially worth the risk to be a wanted free agent.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in Jan for a cheap deal we find better than getting nothing.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If its a 1 year deal we'd need to sell him this summer. Why would he sign that if he can be a free agent? If its longer than one year the same applies if we want to sell this summer. Its not logical for him.

If its longer and we want to sell after next summer his stock will have plummeted due to age.

The only benefit he has is security if he was to get injured. Loads of players run contracts down as its financially worth the risk to be a wanted free agent.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in Jan for a cheap deal we find better than getting nothing.

There was probably something in the Zagreb rumour, so there is every possibility he will leave either in Jan or in summer.

Tbh, I think Borna gets far too much stick. He hasn't been fantastic this year, but can you name me an outfield player who has played better or more consistently than him so far this season?

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

There was probably something in the Zagreb rumour, so there is every possibility he will leave either in Jan or in summer.

Tbh, I think Borna gets far too much stick. He hasn't been fantastic this year, but can you name me an outfield player who has played better or more consistently than him so far this season?

Not sure if you think I'm giving him stick from my post there?

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Your man Gio didn’t seem to be particularly sold on Yilmaz either though. I’m not convinced he’s good enough for us, and that’s without thinking about how injury prone he seems to be too. It’s an area where we need investment and improvement, which is a worrying thing to say considering the money we spent to improve it last Summer.

Maybe gio wasnt, maybe gio didnt want him (another Wilson masterclass) or perhaps it was a young boy coming to a new country needing time to settle

Strange thing is when yilmaz came in at end of last season for a run he was immediately an upgrade on barisic bar crossing 

Or i can be completely positive and think the club are wanting barisic to be backup LB behind yilmaz next season (sterling will have tav as backup) and then once the younger ones have made it their own we get another youngster in as backup and the old guys beat it

"i can only dream, cant i?" 

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Edgar saying the story about Potter is “utterly bollocks and the club won’t embarrass themselves by sounding him out as he’s looking for at least £5 million a year”.

I can believe that entirely.  His salary plus his backroom people would be far too expensive.  He'd want a 3 year deal at least.   Huge risk financially.   Apart from that I don't think he is good enough.