Borna Barisic

Dan Deacon

It would be good to make a bit of money on him but it would leave us very light at LB. He’s been one of our better performers so far and I haven’t seen nearly enough from Yidvan to put that much faith in him (let alone his injury record). If we end up with 3-4 months of Sterling starting at LB, the league is over. 

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

There are also plenty of high pressure games where that hasn't happened which include games where he is playing well and games where he is playing poorly. He has also started 17 OF games. 

I'm not saying what you and Jim are suggesting is definitely not true but it's a very strong accusation against the player based on no more info than a hunch. It would be different if there was leaked info from inside the club or a club doctor suggesting he really was fit to start last Sunday. Even a WhatsApp message would add weight to it 😂

I do get it’s pretty mad to be accusing a player of essentially shitting out of playing in some big games while he does play others but it happens too often for me. You never see him barely being able to walk off or stretchered off, always seems to stroll off the pitch and be fine shortly after. Maybe it’s an unfair accusation levelled at him because he comes across as a bit of a mouse on the pitch, we’ll never know for sure 

I do get the feeling from him that there are some days he just really doesn’t fancy it rather than it being down to how his performances are. Like you said he’s had some awful performances where he hasn’t taken an easy out but I think if he’s having one of those days he doesn’t fancy it and it’s not going well that’s when he looks for an out. He’s totally bipolar in that his best and worst performances have all come in big games

What I will say is when he does take one of these knocks he’s very quick to ask for a sub when you see most players trying to soldier on or get treatment. I think we all know he would’ve been in the 5 penalty takers for the EL final and he went down not long before the shootout. On that one in particular you’d be hard pressed to convince me that it wasn’t because he just didn’t fancy that pressure. 

After some thought I’m torn on him leaving now,I’m not keen on him, wanted him gone for a while and definitely don’t think he’s the kind of character we need in the squad. I’d almost want him gone just so we’re forced to replace him and don’t have the option of extending his stay beyond the summer. However leaving us with a never fit Ridvan with Sterling backing him up is less than ideal. Sterling looked okay last Sunday but before that was absolutely dreadful against PSV 

Another colossal fuck up.

Last year of his contract so he should have been sold this summer, we don’t sell him, Ridvan gets injured (again) then we look to sell him leaving us with the prospect of Sterling, Devine, Yfeko or Fraser as our first choice wing back.

I actually think Devine did really well in that position last year during the World Cup but for some reason in this instance Beale wants to stand by one of his signings in playing sterling, but we should never find ourselves in these positions if we had people at the club that prioritise mid to long term strategies for the playing staff. It proves it wasn’t just Wilson that was completely incompetent in this department

9 hours ago, GA1972 said:

You cant deny that he has a real track record of going down in pressure games and walking off the pitch only to be fit again the following week 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first in the PSV game but was a similar incident, he’s out for the scum game but now he’s made a miraculous recovery to play for Croatia 

Has he even played a match for Croatia this international break or is he just away with the squad and will be assessed by their doctors?

On 07/09/2023 at 18:43, Tiger Shaw said:

Has he even played a match for Croatia this international break or is he just away with the squad and will be assessed by their doctors?

Came on and got an assist tonight, 

Must have had a spare spine for him in the kitbag cause he left his in holland last week

On 07/09/2023 at 19:50, Johnnyem said:

He won't be missed to be honest. He has been a bit of an enigma and has had some really good playing spells, but annoyingly just as many bad ones as well, we can do better.

Yes he would. Would leave us with Sterling, who’s not a natural left back, and Ridvan, who doesn’t seem to be rated by the management team and is unable to stay fit. If Borna went now we would have a massive hole at left back in the short term.

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yes he would. Would leave us with Sterling, who’s not a natural left back, and Ridvan, who doesn’t seem to be rated by the management team and is unable to stay fit. If Borna went now we would have a massive hole at left back in the short term.

Issue we have is that its a management team who absolutely none of us trust anymore, they perhaps rate barisic over yilmaz, but do we trust them given how fucking shite our season has been