Dessers

BigBearButt

3 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

I said it a while back when he first signed but would we have been any worse off if we'd have bought Nouble from Livingston?, When I first saw Dessers I thought hmm hes quite a big guy, he will be able to bully defenders, but he seems powderpuff for his size.

Dessers may not be the answer but Nouble? I mean looking at his career history the guy struggled to score in the National League South.

58 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

What because he's paid really well it means life's all fine and dandy and he should have the boots on scoring for fun. Money is a a luxury for a player of course but doesn't make him immune to having a hard time at the club and for his mental health.

Of course he's under performing and he's not good enough as I have stated over and over 🙄 but there needs to be a level of maturity involved in his critics some of the stuff on here and social media you would think we where talking about one of the scums players.

He should have his boots on scoring for fun, that’s his fucking job 

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dessers may not be the answer but Nouble? I mean looking at his career history the guy struggled to score in the National League South.

aye I dont mean we shouldve bought him but would we have been worse off having him up front since the start of the season than Dessers.

5 hours ago, Broxi said:

Clement saying Danilo is "several weeks" away from being fit enough to play 90 minutes and Roofe is long term out again so expect Dessers for the next several games :ang:

Don’t understand this at all. He was out a few weeks with a “cosmetic” injury. How can he be weeks away from 90 minutes when he’s already played twice? Is his base fitness level so bad that a few weeks of not playing has set him back that far? 

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

Don’t understand this at all. He was out a few weeks with a “cosmetic” injury. How can he be weeks away from 90 minutes when he’s already played twice? Is his base fitness level so bad that a few weeks of not playing has set him back that far? 

Beale never got any of the players fit even players like Raskin and Cantwell dipped after a Beale pre-season.

Dessers did not have the best of games and really needs to work harder.

Just now, Smile said:

Beale never got any of the players fit even players like Raskin and Cantwell dipped after a Beale pre-season.

Our whole medical and sports science set up seems to be a shambles tbh. The number of injuries, length of recovery time, and instances of set backs is so high that it can’t possibly be bad luck. The fact Helander has left us, played every minute of league football for OB, and got back into the Sweden team says it all. 

I'll be honest.  I think Dessers will improve with PC, and will get a reasonable return this season of about 15 or so goals once the team as a whole improves. Tin hat on.

I also think he's poor and never the solution to what we need as a CF. Hope we get shot of him ASAP.

38 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The fact Helander has left us, played every minute of league football for OB, and got back into the Sweden team says it all. 

That is totally gutting, I really liked big Fil, but its also seems like a damning indictment of our training and medical staffs methods

20 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

That is totally gutting, I really liked big Fil, but its also seems like a damning indictment of our training and medical staffs methods

Yeah it would be very interesting to hear the players take on his injuries and subsequent recovery. 

I just hold out hope that Dessers is going through the same as McCoist did. When he came back from Sunderland he was not good and seriously disliked by most of the supporters. He did though score 18 times that season but still got horrendous stick from the fans. 
Thank fuck there was no internet or forums then or I’m pretty sure Ally would have been out the door and we would have missed out on an incredible player for us.

Will Dessers improve? I really hope so but sadly can’t really see it.

58 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

I just hold out hope that Dessers is going through the same as McCoist did. When he came back from Sunderland he was not good and seriously disliked by most of the supporters. He did though score 18 times that season but still got horrendous stick from the fans. 
Thank fuck there was no internet or forums then or I’m pretty sure Ally would have been out the door and we would have missed out on an incredible player for us.

Will Dessers improve? I really hope so but sadly can’t really see it.

He’s dog shit. 

On 26/10/2023 at 20:36, RFC55 said:

He’s just back from a bad injury that’s why 

Even before the injury he wasn't starting, done more when he came on than Dessers has done since the start of the season. That's what I was meaning. 

2 minutes ago, jamesy58 said:

Even before the injury he wasn't starting, done more when he came on than Dessers has done since the start of the season. That's what I was meaning. 

That was another manager who wasn’t starting him though 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

That was another manager who wasn’t starting him though 

I know that,but find it odd that the guy with the biggest outlay doesn't get selected, when he actually looks like a footballer whilst the guy that gets picked looks lost and found his way onto the park.

2 minutes ago, jamesy58 said:

I know that,but find it odd that the guy with the biggest outlay doesn't get selected, when he actually looks like a footballer whilst the guy that gets picked looks lost and found his way onto the park.

But that’s only been under the other manager