Dessers

BigBearButt

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Plenty of players have created, Morelos used to create loads bur fluffed a fair few. That's literally a year ago. He's nowhere near the best we have had at creating, that's a mental take.

Dessers is on a different level, just look back to Dumbarton, Ross County and his short time on the park yesterday, I’m talking about great chances. 
Should have easily been in double figures.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Dessers is on a different level, just look back to Dumbarton, Ross County and his short time on the park yesterday, I’m talking about great chances. 

Yes it’s great having a striker that’s so good at creating chances, but fucking awful at finishing them.

8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Just propaganda now

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Yes it’s great having a striker that’s so good at creating chances, but fucking awful at finishing them.

Thats what has been incredibly frustrating about him, does so much right only to waste so many great chances.

I still don't think there's a single thing I would say Dessers is good at and that includes his positioning and movement which is we are now pretending is something it's not

I've missed games recently and came on here and seen people say Dessers' goal was a 'world class finish', and I'll go watch it and it's an absolutely bang average goal. Unreal how low the standards are.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

I still don't think there's a single thing I would say Dessers is good at and that includes his positioning and movement which is we are now pretending is something it's not

I've missed games recently and came on here and seen people say Dessers' goal was a 'world class finish', and I'll go watch it and it's an absolutely bang average goal. Unreal how low the standards are.

List the ‘world class’ finishes and the posters who called them that.

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

That goal was far from bang average 

But other ones are that get overhyped and that one wasn't world class either. It was a good finish that I bet I could find multiple from Shankland and Miovski this season 

But other ones are that get overhyped and that one wasn't world class either. It was a good finish that I bet I could could find multiple from Shankland and Miovski this season 

It wasn't world class but it was closer to that than bang average. I couldn't give a fuck if the ball bounces in off his arse though.

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It wasn't world class but it was closer to that than bang average. I couldn't give a fuck if the ball bounces in off his arse though.

I would describe it as a "very nice" finish that a top Rangers striker should be able to make

Bang average was not referring to that goal specifically, I'm just not going to go back and link every single time it's happened

I would describe it as a "very nice" finish that a top Rangers striker should be able to make

Bang average was not referring to that goal specifically, I'm just not going to go back and link every single time it's happened

You did refer to that specifically though and went back and linked to it.

25 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Are you genuinely calling these goals "bang average" because it's the only goals I can think of which have been described on here as "world class"? 

To save the argument, I'll more accurately rephrase to his 'world class finish' was not world class, and his "great finishes" are usually exaggerated and are bang average finishes. The point being, standards are incredibly low and some people praise him for very little/doing the basics. 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

To save the argument, I'll more accurately rephrase to his 'world class finish' was not world class, and his "great finishes" are usually exaggerated and are bang average finishes. The point being, standards are incredibly low and some people praise him for very little/doing the basics. 

Is the subjective aesthetic of goals a standard these days? 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

We'll agree to disagree. If that's someone like Haaland or Mbappe scoring that dink over the keeper last week it's getting played in every highlights show for the rest of the season. I also don't think Dessers gets overly praised. If anything it's the total opposite where his criticism is way over the top. He is what he is. Not great but nowhere near as poor as some make out either. 

Hopefully recoup at least half our money come the summer, think that's realistic. If we get that or more it will be a good thing for us going forward. A clinical striker in this team is a beautiful thought, Phil will sort it in the summer.