Dessers

BigBearButt

13 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It really isn’t. Good finisher as he was he is/was incredibly slow with zero threat in behind.

Dessers and Colak both nice guys but for some bizarre reason Colak is held in this incredibly high regard by comparison.

Knew where the goal was probably…

5 hours ago, SPWF said:

Colak cost less than £2m and his finishing was light years ahead of Dessers. That’s why he’s held in higher regard. If he’d been retained and had played the same number of games as Dessers has this season I’ve absolutely no doubt he would’ve had a lot more goals. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Knew where the goal was probably…

It had to be given to him on a plate though, in general play he was often a man down.

Without going back to check I don’t even think their goal scoring records are that dissimilar, Colak maybe slightly on the right side of 1 in 2 and Dessers slightly on the wrong side.

Some of Dessers’ assists and quality of goals have been levels above Colak too.

That’s not to say we don’t need better than Dessers.

16 hours ago, Broxi said:

Because Colak consistently finished his chances and Dessers consistently fucks up his chances. Would pick Colak over Dessers every day of the week

Not going to overexaggerate how good Colak was either but there was a feeling at the time he was here that, sure he won't create things out of nothing, but if a chance fell to him then it was going into the net. And not just tap ins or poaches either, some proper strikes and some nice plays like his second vs St Mirren in the 4-0 match etc.

How has he done since he’s left?

Edit: just checked, 3 goals in 15 appearances for Parma in Serie B

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What is the basis of Colak not getting that first chance? The ball was played by the St Johnstone player straight to Dessers, who just had to run straight.

I don't think Colak gets close to goal without being caught.

Some people seem to believe all any striker has to do is hang around the penalty box and they’ll get opportunities, that’s simply not the case.

Dessers is up there with the best of Rangers centre forwards when it comes to making opportunities for himself, if he can hit a bit of form and start converting a higher percentage then we’ll be in a very good place. 

5 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Some people seem to believe all any striker has to do is hang around the penalty box and they’ll get opportunities, that’s simply not the case.

Dessers is up there with the best of Rangers centre forwards when it comes to making opportunities for himself, if he can hit a bit of form and start converting a higher percentage then we’ll be in a very good place. 

Let's not get too carried away mate, maybe if he's still banging them in like that in a year or two we can even contemplate that kind of comparison.

Colak always scored barrel loads in a 4-4-2, he needed that supporting striker, think Boyd and Miller, I doubt Boyd would have been as prolific as a lone striker, they were both penalty box strikers that needed a strike partner.

I remember I did a deep dive on Colak at previous teams, he had an amazing few seasons at Malmo in a 4-4-2 then a shite season in Greece in a 4-3-3. Then we signed him to play in a 4-3-3.

I can't be arsed researching Dessers and my mental health will thank me.

29 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Im

pretty impressed with the positions Dessers gets himself into, he also seems a yard or two faster which is good.

Does everything  right until  the last and crucial  bit! I'm  hoping  it will turn in his favour ...

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Guy must have only started watching us in the past few years.

Can go all the way back to the early days of super Ally at a time large sections of Ibrox regularly told him where to go.

Up until Dessers I can’t remember any other Rangers strikers who gave themselves more great goal scoring opportunities in matches.

Not the same as converting chances, he’s way down the list at the moment.

Missed the game yesterday but watched extended highlights late last night. I like Dessers and the effort he puts in, his goal return is decent. However I was absolutely cringing at the chances he squandered, absolutely terrible play for a striker. Taking ages to get the shot away and just blundering into defenders or making a total mess of it. If we were dropping any points at present I think he'd be getting absolute pelters from the support, hostility even. I do hope he can improve of course but doubtful.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Can go all the way back to the early days of super Ally at a time large sections of Ibrox regularly told him where to go.

Up until Dessers I can’t remember any other Rangers strikers who gave themselves more great goal scoring opportunities in matches.

Not the same as converting chances, he’s way down the list at the moment.

Plenty of players have created, Morelos used to create loads bur fluffed a fair few. That's literally a year ago. He's nowhere near the best we have had at creating, that's a mental take.