Dessers

BigBearButt

47 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Im not discounting his contribution today, however not every game is at home with us winning 1-0 after 2 mins, his two sitters he missed today were abysmal, he needs to be more clinical imo 

Like when he scored the only goal in a win v St Mirren away when we had a total of 2 shots on target?  

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s being expertly coached. He is benefiting from that. 

it’s clear to see

That's what some folk will like to claim so as not to have to give the man himself too much credit. Almost certainly more complex than that, though. 

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Someone you can't help but like and want to do well. 

Some of his movement is absolutely excellent. 

Desperate for him to have a really big moment again, like a winner against Celtic

Still don’t understand this :lol:

I liked him today and think he did well despite missing a couple of sitters again but I have never looked at him and thought he’s just likeable 

10 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Worse than Jeffers, Ostenstad and Sebo combined clearly.

And Beattie, Sadiq, Itten, Clark, Bo Anderson, Little, Pena, Herrera…..

But other than them, and a few others, he’s definitely the worst striker we’ve ever had, in fact he’s that bad he’s only scoring on average every 99 mins under the current manager.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I literally don't remember McCoist, or any other striker for that matter, getting assessments of 'aye, but he missed two sitters' after scoring two goals in a game.

To be fair there were no fucking internet forums to bury Super 

Decent finish again today, unlucky not to have the hat trick but dessered the easy one and was unfortunate when he was through with the cutback and shot.

He’s scoring goals and improving, can’t argue with that.

15 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

To be fair there were no fucking internet forums to bury Super 

True, but people talked and there were phone ins. Nobody ever complained about a player missing some if they scored a couple of goals.

As a guy who played as a defender it was always a bug bear of mine that forwards could miss chance after chance then get called a game winner if they tucked away a tap in and we won 1-0 but if I fucked up once and we lost a goal and we drew or lost because of that then I was a point loser. 

The reason I'm saying this, is that forwards always have missed chances, it's just part of the game. They can't score every opportunity.

31 minutes ago, Inigo said:

True, but people talked and there were phone ins. Nobody ever complained about a player missing some if they scored a couple of goals.

Tbf we didn't spend a fucking fortune on mccoist and boyd either, even given inflation and whatnot, both mccoist and boyd were signed younger than dessers and cheaper than dessers 

Not dessers fault granted